Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The temple of Solusek Ro quests are pretty good for mid level gearing, and most are easily soloed or two-boxed. Check the rewards out before you commit to spending time on anything though because although some items are really good, some are utter shit (hello cleric pants with +int on them)

Anything worthwhile is going to be camped so if you can't get a group for it, you may have to trade for it. Practice on Mangler was to just roll need on every tradable drop in pickup groups, NBG in pickup groups was mostly dead. You'll eventually end up with some good items you can sell or trade as a result though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQ Arguments - the Chart

edit - raid necessity looks way more Kunark than Classic or even Velious.

Raid necessity is for real off, cant believe people are still using Wars in classic to tank and its like the 10th TLP.

Who is getting all the firsts on Aradune btw? anyone know who the hardcore ubers are that are doing first 50 with secrets etc? Im hearing someone is precalling it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was thinking about the previous posts about truebox detection and how you can exploit the truebox code to immediately log out: On truebox what happens when you try to log in two characters from the same PC, does it just instant boot you?

I'm thinking about what I'm going to do on TLP and wondering if I leveled an enc/cle to 50 if I leveled a sha/mnk or dru/mag after that if I'd want them on different accounts to just have the ability to log a char in to buff them. Dunno how much it'd violate the Aradune rules if I popped my enc/cle on every half hour or whatever, buffed my mnk/sha and logged out. Or maybe it's a dumb idea that's not worth it because I'll be in a group smashing everything anyway.

Another dumb thought: I wonder if you parked a druid in highly trafficked leveling areas and set up a phone-app to manage some kind of automatic buff botting after gettign a tip how much semi-passive $ you could make. I'm sure buff bots are pretty common in TLP and I'm just coming in late, but being able to manage it from your phone and be able to talk to a GM should make it legal within the rules of EQ/TLP.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The temple of Solusek Ro quests are pretty good for mid level gearing, and most are easily soloed or two-boxed. Check the rewards out before you commit to spending time on anything though because although some items are really good, some are utter shit (hello cleric pants with +int on them)

Anything worthwhile is going to be camped so if you can't get a group for it, you may have to trade for it. Practice on Mangler was to just roll need on every tradable drop in pickup groups, NBG in pickup groups was mostly dead. You'll eventually end up with some good items you can sell or trade as a result though.

I just want to add that the mage torch with Reclaim Energy from there works from inventory with other classes. So if you can summon even a shitty pet, it's like an emergency mana battery. I think my 50 shaman pet cost 500 mana to summon, and you would get all 500 back at once, that was handy to have for another few heals during a bad pull. Downside of course is you have to manage pet aggro on bad pulls too lol.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was thinking about the previous posts about truebox detection and how you can exploit the truebox code to immediately log out: On truebox what happens when you try to log in two characters from the same PC, does it just instant boot you?

I'm thinking about what I'm going to do on TLP and wondering if I leveled an enc/cle to 50 if I leveled a sha/mnk or dru/mag after that if I'd want them on different accounts to just have the ability to log a char in to buff them. Dunno how much it'd violate the Aradune rules if I popped my enc/cle on every half hour or whatever, buffed my mnk/sha and logged out. Or maybe it's a dumb idea that's not worth it because I'll be in a group smashing everything anyway.

Another dumb thought: I wonder if you parked a druid in highly trafficked leveling areas and set up a phone-app to manage some kind of automatic buff botting after gettign a tip how much semi-passive $ you could make. I'm sure buff bots are pretty common in TLP and I'm just coming in late, but being able to manage it from your phone and be able to talk to a GM should make it legal within the rules of EQ/TLP.

You get a popup on the server select screen when you try to log in an additional account on a truebox TLP, you won't progress past that point.

Buff bot can be useful but you can also buy a 4 hr clarity pot for DBG points, which comes to something like $0.75, and you get some points for free each month. Might be a better deal than forking out for an additional subscription. Non-charm duo XP is bad anyway, you'll want to join a full group as much as possible.

/join taxi channel and you'll never need to look for a port for long.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The commentary on Druids has been good and accurate. I would reiterate that the only reason to level one up at launch is if you are wanting to level up some other classes/melees quickly after your Druid is maxed. If you don't have those Power-Leveling plans, then every other classes does what a Druid does, but better.

Druids don't do much in a Raid Setting and they are lacking in a Group setting. Their healing just doesn't cut it. Shaman's get by as a group healer because of Slows + Canni mana sustain + Super efficient Torpor line of heals. Druids just don't get to that point. The class does what everyone can do, just at 70% of what they can do it at. Don't level one unless you want a Power Leveler bot.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Druid dots are extremely high efficiency dps and their heals are fine unless you need complete heal due to a charm pet tank. They are one of the strongest classes when you lack a charm pet for that reason. They are THE strongest dps class when they can charm themselves.

They are particularly weak in situations where enchanters can charm but druids can not, and since that is THE optimal level route for classic it can feel damning. They are also flatly weaker than shaman in a small duo and/or melee focused group.

Level one if you have a caster based group (eg mages instead of monks), or are willing to wait until kunark to be top leveling dps (chardok charming). Don't level one if you box melee for your dps, only 2box, and/or will not charm animals.

Sterling

El Presidente
The commentary on Druids has been good and accurate. I would reiterate that the only reason to level one up at launch is if you are wanting to level up some other classes/melees quickly after your Druid is maxed. If you don't have those Power-Leveling plans, then every other classes does what a Druid does, but better.

Druids don't do much in a Raid Setting and they are lacking in a Group setting. Their healing just doesn't cut it. Shaman's get by as a group healer because of Slows + Canni mana sustain + Super efficient Torpor line of heals. Druids just don't get to that point. The class does what everyone can do, just at 70% of what they can do it at. Don't level one unless you want a Power Leveler bot.
Druids don't particularly stack well in early raids outside of the ones that they can charm at in which case they have a superior haste for the pet to enchanters, but the first druid is pretty important. They have the best Fire and Cold resist buffs, have unique fire and cold debuffs and once velious comes around have a hp buff that offers mana regen that many classes will want to have. on TLP now druids and shaman both get superior heal during classic which helps a great deal for those classes to be decent group healers. For leveling purposes if you go places where they can charm they're very powerful.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Raid necessity is for real off, cant believe people are still using Wars in classic to tank and its like the 10th TLP.

I'm lead to believe the major difference between the tanking classes is Defensive. Without that, the other tanks don't do so well. I ended up MTing on Agnarr with a warrior. I could tank stuff that our SKs or Paladins just couldn't do, even if didn't use Defensive. Is there some other super non-secret shit that allows SKs to tank at the same level as a warrior?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm lead to believe the major difference between the tanking classes is Defensive. Without that, the other tanks don't do so well. I ended up MTing on Agnarr with a warrior. I could tank stuff that our SKs or Paladins just couldn't do, even if didn't use Defensive. Is there some other super non-secret shit that allows SKs to tank at the same level as a warrior?

When do you get defensive sir

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm

Classic knights can hold aggro without meleeing so you avoid ripostes, which is a huge advantage. Post-classic, Defensive largely sidelines Knights as main tanks depending on gear and boss.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
These guys are correct there is no difference between defense skill on knights and warriors in classic. Knights don't melee so you don't take riposte and have way way way more agro than a warrior to boot.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
When do you get defensive sir

That answers the question. For some odd reason I've always thought of "classic" as the game plus Ruins of Kunark. So, yeah, I understand that for the 1-50 raid scene warriors aren't needed. I'm just assuming that most people want some gear on the warriors so they can tank the Kunark content.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having a rotation of SKs all eating the DTs while you maintain a traditional tank is about as good as it ever feels on some fights.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That answers the question. For some odd reason I've always thought of "classic" as the game plus Rise of Kunark. So, yeah, I understand that for the 1-50 raid scene warriors aren't needed. I'm just assuming that most people want some gear on the warriors so they can tank the Kunark content.

Warriors arent useless, they just are not the best raid tank. You def want to start gearing your wars in classic some if youre bleeding edge and racing Kunark raids. Otherwise Cobalt is everywhere a week in on the TLPs.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What spells does the SK use to generate aggro? I keep hearing they removed the aggro on Disease Cloud, is that at a certain point, or always?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Highly considered doing Rizlona, but I just don't think I can do 3 month unlocks with a classic starting point. 3 month unlocks alone suck ass, but with a classic start on top of it, no thanks.

• 1Like