Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you wait a week you can level in The Hole after Naggy/Vox die. WAY better 45+ experience than sitting in OOT at goblins.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of our homies (Dannin) is streaming some p99 and gonna be streaming some of the TLPs as well. If anyone wants to support him that would be awesome.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think It's SK/shaman for me on Aradune. Gonna try to not burn out, and stick to the server until PoP/GoD.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't think most guilds rely on people boxing MORE than two characters in raids. I just do not see that.

I joined the Pst/"late" guild on Aradune and it's like 90 mains already with a good spread. Assuming 3/4 actually hit 46 there will be no boxes at all.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What do you think a TLP would be like without pick zones?

Have they ever talked about limiting the # of pick zones based on the current population (meta pick zones, lol) such that if there were 500 level 50s online they would open 3 guks, but if there were only 100 level 50s online they'd open one?

It would look like P99 Green. I couldn't find a decent spot to level at 20, all camped. Went to OOT for what I thought was the obscure gargolye island, but there was literally one player per gargoyle spawn lol.

So picks aren't ideal, but it helps a bit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I joined the Pst/"late" guild on Aradune and it's like 90 mains already with a good spread. Assuming 3/4 actually hit 46 there will be no boxes at all.

Which guild is that? I'm not sure which one to join as someone between casual and bat-phone lol.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which guild is that? I'm not sure which one to join as someone between casual and bat-phone lol.

Spirits of eventide, seems like a good group, some leadership from the mangler guilds I guess. Raids Monday wed sat 830pm pst, think they are looking for 50% rolling average attendance. Recruiting is fnf only right now until they see how many actually level up. Join the <Spirits of Eventide> Discord Server!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spirits of eventide, seems like a good group, some leadership from the mangler guilds I guess. Raids Monday wed sat 830pm pst, think they are looking for 50% rolling average attendance. Recruiting is fnf only right now until they see how many actually level up. Join the <Spirits of Eventide> Discord Server!

I had my eye on them for weeks prior and didnt apply because of main indecisiveness, they filled up extremely fast. Problem is as usual theres a million guilds that want to raid 8pm est and *1* that wants to raid that people that work 2nd shift can actually attend.

The equally bad thing is theres only *1* guild that raids on the weekends Veterans of Norrath, while everyone else is raiding during the week.

Im so glad theres so many 9-5 bankers in the world that have productive weekends.

Last edited:
24 was the limit in ye olden days. Any more than that and you'd flood out people's modems. They eventually added the commands to have the server send less spam but I kind of think that was in kunark maybe?

I remember having 30ish for VP so I guess we bumped it up a little.

just basic connectivity issues were part of the game for many players. Some people had to relog every hour. Plus euro and asian players were mixed in. link death was part of life. It would be intriguing to actually emulate all of *that*. Because those issues limited tons and tons of players (and servers) during classic. The world was chaotic neutral back then.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had my eye on them for weeks prior and didnt apply because of main indecisiveness, they filled up extremely fast. Problem is as usual theres a million guilds that want to raid 8pm est and *1* that wants to raid that people that work 2nd shift can actually attend.

The equally bad thing is theres only *1* guild that raids on the weekends Veterans of Norrath, while everyone else is raiding during the week.

Im so glad theres so many 9-5 bankers in the world that have productive weekends.
Ohhh, the old EST vs PST debate. It comes up all the time. A happy medium I've found typically is 6-9pm PST. That puts it at the limits of what you can reasonably expect a EST player to raid, but late enough that most PST can get home and hop on if they want too.

But 2nd shift isn't going to hit 8:30pm PST either? 2nd shift I worked was 3:30-midnight?

And most people don't do shit during the week, in terms of going out, because... they have to work the next day! Surprise surprise! So they just sit at home, play EQ in their underwear, then hit it up big on the weekends with the club with the homies?!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
just basic connectivity issues were part of the game for many players. Some people had to relog every hour. Plus euro and asian players were mixed in. link death was part of life. It would be intriguing to actually emulate all of *that*. Because those issues limited tons and tons of players (and servers) during classic. The world was chaotic neutral back then.

I miss when LD characters became NPC killing machines that ran around zones killing everything until the server finally DC’d them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users
Ohhh, the old EST vs PST debate. It comes up all the time. A happy medium I've found typically is 6-9pm PST. That puts it at the limits of what you can reasonably expect a EST player to raid, but late enough that most PST can get home and hop on if they want too.

But 2nd shift isn't going to hit 8:30pm PST either? 2nd shift I worked was 3:30-midnight?

And most people don't do shit during the week, in terms of going out, because... they have to work the next day! Surprise surprise! So they just sit at home, play EQ in their underwear, then hit it up big on the weekends with the club with the homies?!

I'd be tempted to join a euro guild and really mess up my circadian rhythm. If Dyna-Star or whatever owns this elf sim racket now means "24/7" by this GM thing, that would be pretty sweet to be on that schedule.

<wakes up> <snaps out of it>

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Quick pre-Aradune announcement...

I'll be doing an Aradune pre-stream with Mafakka's guild, <Pals> tomorrow at 10pm EST.

We're gonna doing a level 1 PvP event on a TBD F2P server, in the Qeynos Arena, plus a Q&A session with Mafakka + maybe a few other special guests. I am trying to get some high profile invites sent out for the Q&A from eqlive folks (ie; Zaide, Mabbu, Sieger, etc) and some high profile emu folks (Burt, Jeremy, Rogean, Nilbog, Haynar, Torven, Akkadius, Abacab, whomever wants to join really) - I won't be drinking myself but you can if you want.

You will be able to tune in on Twitch - the Q&A meeting room will be moderated by Mafakka in his discord (Join the Pals Discord Server!) and we'll try and keep the chat free of stuff that could get my channel ToS'd - please be respectful if you wish to participate in the Q&A.

The stream will begin about 30 minutes prior to the Q&A (9:30pm EST) to give everyone time to get in.

After the hour-long event, we'll be doing some TAKProject (https://takproject.net/) after-hours streaming to show Darkpaw that there's a market for PoP-locked EverQuest if it was actually done right and looked and felt like EverQuest in 2002.

Aradune launches on May 27th, 2020. I personally won't be playing hardcore on Aradune and likely won't be joining any raiding or major guilds.

We are remaining guild-neutral on the stream, meaning that if <Thats Eq Baby> or other guild names want to show up and talk, we are giving them a platform to speak freely and without judgement.

Let's make this server a blast, and a celebration of the work that Smedley, Butler, and McQuaid have put a large chunk into their life making and promoting for us all. Feel free to join me and let's talk some EQ!

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 5 users