Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don't think most guilds rely on people boxing MORE than two characters in raids. I just do not see that.

Early on wont be an issue but that 3rd month of any expansion gets really light on people and thats when people who play 3+ are required for most guilds except the very large ones.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ok for someone who doesn't have any desire to box am I just straight fucking myself if I don't 2 box?

Also can someone give me a run down of what the fuck this shit means? I get that they are limited boxing, I see you get a dedicated GM for the server, but what the fuck is the Mangler XP? What the fuck is Agents of Change or Pick Zones?

Aradune Ruleset -

Mangler XP Progression

Agents of Change
Enabled

Pick Zones Enabled

Sorry this is coming from someone who hasn't touched EQ since PoP and has no experience with Daybreak or their bullshit.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok for someone who doesn't have any desire to box am I just straight fucking myself if I don't 2 box?

Also can someone give me a run down of what the fuck this shit means? I get that they are limited boxing, I see you get a dedicated GM for the server, but what the fuck is the Mangler XP? What the fuck is Agents of Change or Pick Zones?

Aradune Ruleset -

Mangler XP Progression

Agents of Change
Enabled

Pick Zones Enabled

Sorry this is coming from someone who hasn't touched EQ since PoP and has no experience with Daybreak or their bullshit.

Dedicated GM - As far as we know right now. All tickets from Aradune will go to the GMs dedicated to the that server. Meaning they should respond much quicker than normal. Beyond that we dont really know.

Agents of Change - Every raid zone has a AOC where you can spawn a dynamic zone for that raid. Giving you sole access to it. Example Solb has a AoC which spawns a instance of Solb with all mobs including nagafen that you and your friends may enter and kill. No mobs inside a DZ respawn.

Picks - Basically when more than x people (varies by zone) zone in a copy of that zone (without raid mobs) is opened allowing you to /pick into them.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Sabbat Sabbat I've been messing around with your UI. I really like it after dealing with the default for way longer than I should have. Kudos.

I managed to hook my desktop and laptop up to my monitor using PBP. I then installed Multiplicity on both and now I can play both accounts from one screen and it's really smooth. FeelsGoodMan.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Dedicated GM - As far as we know right now. All tickets from Aradune will go to the GMs dedicated to the that server. Meaning they should respond much quicker than normal. Beyond that we dont really know.

Agents of Change - Every raid zone has a AOC where you can spawn a dynamic zone for that raid. Giving you sole access to it. Example Solb has a AoC which spawns a instance of Solb with all mobs including nagafen that you and your friends may enter and kill. No mobs inside a DZ respawn.

Picks - Basically when more than x people (varies by zone) zone in a copy of that zone (without raid mobs) is opened allowing you to /pick into them.

So basically instancing, hmmm doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of classic EQ?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So basically instancing, hmmm doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of classic EQ?

I feel like it gives you a good mix. The open world stuff is still there which enhances your ability to gear up faster than your competition and provides the occasional race.

As for the zone picks, the game would be extremely rough without them. There's just way too many people that play these to get by with just 1 instance.

Those last two points change the game it might as well be called ... EQ2. We've all done our time, I am guessing, in the classic grind and camp zone days (and night and days and nights...), call lists, etc. That is called everquest. The good stuff, the rares, the nameds, are **contested**.

Remove contested content, and a lot of the grisly charm of classic eq disappears. If it's all instances, it usually turns into a simple speed list, of who mows down the content fastest or gears X number of class Y with powerful era item Z.

I'm torn on the issue. p99 proves what pure contested in this day and age looks like. So I got zero solution here.

I do not think anyone does.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah if you think sitting and waiting for Frenzy to open is real and peak EQ, download P99. Then you'll realize there's no reason to do that when there's better, more reasonable options out there now.

Picks are a blessing. I wouldn't play this game without them. Especially on TLPs where there's like 3000 people on at peak times. You think there's 500 camps available? Probably not.

AoCs are mandatory. You can't have people trying to play nice and rotate that shit every week for a spawn every 3 days to never get that item you need to drop. I'd much rather my guild have 1/3-1/2 their slots with era gear per expansion than 1-2 pieces per the best geared people.

If you want the EQ nostalgia "the way it was" go to P99 and prepare to hate yourself for wasting your time. If you want to play EQ, do things you remember, with much less hassle and time restraints, play a TLP.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No see, the goal is to be one of the people at the top, to be one of the people others are waiting on to eat their gluttonous fill. YOU WILL DRINK OF NOUGHT BUT SAND AND EAT OF NOUGHT BUT ASH UNTIL I ALLOW OTHERWISE. Monopolize so much content for so long that everyone else just gives up and you win be default.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No see, the goal is to be one of the people at the top, to be one of the people others are waiting on to eat their gluttonous fill. YOU WILL DRINK OF NOUGHT BUT SAND AND EAT OF NOUGHT BUT ASH UNTIL I ALLOW OTHERWISE. Monopolize so much content for so long that everyone else just gives up and you win be default.

I mean that was/is EQ in a nutshell this dumb faggot shit Xevy Xevy is talking about make sense for a middle aged man past his prime in gaming, and wants to pretend to relive glory days but only in a nerfed cheese fashion but then again if that is where you are then why the fuck are you trying to play EQ in 2020.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I mean that was/is EQ in a nutshell ... make sense for a middle aged man past his prime in gaming, and wants to pretend to relive glory days but only in a nerfed cheese fashion but then again if that is where you are then why the fuck are you trying to play EQ in 2020.

Booze, you sound like you want to relive the glory days, as it was back in 99. If you'd like too, there's P99 you can play on. Nothing at all stopping you from doing exactly what you sound like you want.

Don't berate other people for wanting to play a similar, yet updated experience in 2020. Because that's exactly what a TLP is, a similar but updated experience. We've seen what happens when you try to open up raiding to the every-man in games like WoW (LFRs). AOCs are nothing like LFR raiding, they are exactly like the original EQ raids. We know the outcomes of content that is strictly limited (original EQ, P99), generally a single guild controls all of the new content.

One of the reasons that the idea of TLPs appeals to me (this will be my second, but first from launch), is that I'll be mostly able to experience the content in era, as opposed to waiting until the next expansion after, when all the top level guilds have grown bored of that content. I've been there in other games, done that. It no longer appeals to me.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Booze, you sound like you want to relive the glory days, as it was back in 99. If you'd like too, there's P99 you can play on. Nothing at all stopping you from doing exactly what you sound like you want.

Don't berate other people for wanting to play a similar, yet updated experience in 2020. Because that's exactly what a TLP is, a similar but updated experience. We've seen what happens when you try to open up raiding to the every-man in games like WoW (LFRs). AOCs are nothing like LFR raiding, they are exactly like the original EQ raids. We know the outcomes of content that is strictly limited (original EQ, P99), generally a single guild controls all of the new content.

One of the reasons that the idea of TLPs appeals to me (this will be my second, but first from launch), is that I'll be mostly able to experience the content in era, as opposed to waiting until the next expansion after, when all the top level guilds have grown bored of that content. I've been there in other games, done that. It no longer appeals to me.

It's Boozecube, all he does is barf out poorly thought out posts full of vitriol and ignorance. Plus, he has no idea what it was like on TLP servers before various non-classic changes. Massive mage and SK armies were hardly classic. Plus, it's still a business, and a cockblocking guild in a 20 year old game isn't going to have as many people paying for it.

• 1EyeRoll

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You nerds are super easy to trigger. EQ + Instancing = WoW, get mad for having it pointed out. :honkler:

I would play this just to ruin Dick Trickles experience.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You nerds are super easy to trigger. EQ + Instancing = WoW, get mad for having it pointed out. :honkler:

I would play this just to ruin Dick Trickles experience.

You wouldn't be able to. Feel free to try!

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lots of good ways to make EQ TLP difficult, few people are interested in doing it via contested content on PVE servers.