Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
heh...well...finding out one of my accounts was basically taken over and the asshats may have deleted my old Cleric...sucks.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's been a lot of fun watching the streamers on this server so far. The last time I did a classic launch in 2017 and even though the game is 21 years old now it's awesome to see that the "meta" is still advancing every cycle of TLPs. Everything is faster, still some cool new techs being learned in levels and raids etc.

This server supposedly has the same EXP rate as Agnarr and our group was the first to 50 on both. Look how much higher our /played was a few years ago.

Aradune
W6LJR33.png

Agnarr
NIPQ56b.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's been a lot of fun watching the streamers on this server so far. The last time I did a classic launch in 2017 and even though the game is 21 years old now it's awesome to see that the "meta" is still advancing every cycle of TLPs. Everything is faster, still some cool new techs being learned in levels and raids etc.

This server supposedly has the same EXP rate as Agnarr and our group was the first to 50 on both. Look how much higher our /played was a few years ago.

Aradune
W6LJR33.png

Agnarr
NIPQ56b.jpg
What was different about your group? What changed? Not specifics if you want to keep them secret, but in general? Different leveling path? Different group makeup?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Aradune
W6LJR33.png

Agnarr
NIPQ56b.jpg

7 years? Damn son = P

1590942386798.png

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So i logged into queue to roll on the server about 55 minutes ago. It said 41m i clicked ok. Still waiting.

If I ever get in Im rolling an enchanter and monk. Not sure which I will play yet.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What was different about your group? What changed? Not specifics if you want to keep them secret, but in general? Different leveling path? Different group makeup?

I'm down to go into all the details.

Agnarr we were Cleric, Ench, Nec, Mage, Mage, SK and we did the following exp route:
1-6 Nektulous
7-10 Lavastorm
11-25 Uguk
25-44 Lguk
45-50 OOT Goblins

The time is slightly skewed on that /played because of a few factors. One was the login queue, I got to level 5 and sat at the Neriak gate waiting for our Enchanter to log in 3 hours later. Second was that we stopped at 47 to go do the Phinigel server first because I had autism about killing him in like 53 hours or something. The final factor was that my group slept for 3 hours at one point and I was a shit lord who stayed on soloing light blues so I could be the first person to 50 in our group lol. But even if you factor all that in you still only reduce our /played to maybe 48-50 hours.

1590943271646.png

On Aradune my group was Cleric, Ench, Nec, Mage, Mage, Mage

Our leveling route was
Nek 1-6
Lavastorm 7-13
SolA 14-31
Solb 31-45
OOT 45-50

The Aradune group planned to go Lguk 31-41 before going to Solb just for Efreeti. This would have let us double charm with the Necro but our Necro crashed right around then so we got stuck doing Solb the whole time. Otherwise we'd have been even faster than 39 hours.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty surprising to see Aradune take down the dragons before Rizlona. Funny enough Phinny is up on Aradune and dead on Rizlona.

I'm surprised too. As far as I know Riz had a lot less of a problem with queues the last few days. Five hours for Aradune last night at peak.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why cant i change my characters appearance at creation? Its only allowing faces.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Curious if there's anyone setting up an Araduneprogress site this time around.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I guess this server has made people ponder the conundrum - how to cram the most utility into 2 accounts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm down to go into all the details.

Agnarr we were Cleric, Ench, Nec, Mage, Mage, SK and we did the following exp route:
1-6 Nektulous
7-10 Lavastorm
11-25 Uguk
25-44 Lguk
45-50 OOT Goblins

The time is slightly skewed on that /played because of a few factors. One was the login queue, I got to level 5 and sat at the Neriak gate waiting for our Enchanter to log in 3 hours later. Second was that we stopped at 47 to go do the Phinigel server first because I had autism about killing him in like 53 hours or something. The final factor was that my group slept for 3 hours at one point and I was a shit lord who stayed on soloing light blues so I could be the first person to 50 in our group lol. But even if you factor all that in you still only reduce our /played to maybe 48-50 hours.

On Aradune my group was Cleric, Ench, Nec, Mage, Mage, Mage

Our leveling route was
Nek 1-6
Lavastorm 7-13
SolA 14-31
Solb 31-45
OOT 45-50

The Aradune group planned to go Lguk 31-41 before going to Solb just for Efreeti. This would have let us double charm with the Necro but our Necro crashed right around then so we got stuck doing Solb the whole time. Otherwise we'd have been even faster than 39 hours.
So you've done this enough that you're only interested in the level 50 rush and then do something else, what would your ideal TLP ruleset be that would make you interested in continuing to play hardcore after hitting 50?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So you've done this enough that you're only interested in the level 50 rush and then do something else, what would your ideal TLP ruleset be that would make you interested in continuing to play hardcore after hitting 50?

I did Classic-Kunark on Vulak in 2011, then I did Classic - Underfoot on Test server in 2012-2014 and every summer that guild would go back and redo Classic - PoP. After that I did Classic-Kunark on Lockjaw (six months per expansion on that one), then I did Classic - Luclin on Agnarr, and I did Luclin launch on Selo, then came back during GoDish era and did GoD - PoR.

I enjoy most current TLP's but they're a massive time commitment which can take over your life easily. I want to play EQ without it being all I do every day so I find that it's best for me to play in short spurts like during server launches.

My ideal server would be like an Emulated server that was set up just for the purpose of racing 1-50 or 1-60. Basically they'd open the server for 3 weeks as a testbed and let anyone interested play on it and test zones, group content etc. Then on the 4th week they have a "launch" where it's wiped and everyone raced to max level with winners being declared in three categories, Solo, Duo and Full Group.

Once the race is over the server would close for a few weeks while they patched/tweaked all kinds of things like changing ZEMs, respawn rates, balancing classes / quests and drop rates etc. Then they'd open it up for a few weeks of testing and another race.

The idea is that this lets people play in a simulated "server launch" environment. It would be cool if there were prizes or something to motivate competitively minded groups to play hard.