Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
wait, cant you guys just have urr guild spawn an instanced fear raid to do the golem?

Gotta say i plan on subbing tommorrow and giving tlp a try after 17 year break but yall make somwstuff sound super fucked up imo.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
It only spawns in open world fear, people have been asking to have it spawn in DZ's since Phinny but so far it has fallen on deaf ears.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh hmm is that only an issue for wiz? or other epics have similair open world only jank?

BTW, after newbie levels where should i try for lv10 to 20 or so?

i wanna grp to cap if possible as mymain on live was a necro so i'd like to mix itup.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Enchanter has 3 ow only contested mobs so theirs is even worse.

For levels 10-20 Unrest is still viable, or the Kunark equivalent would be Kurns Tower

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
People care until they don't get what they cared about or someone else does it better etc and then they suddenly don't. Crazy right? Those people screaming on the forums DO care. They care quite a bit. People with obnoxious sigs trolling every other thread do it precisely because so many people screaming they don't care really do care.

If you don't actually care, as said, you aren't registering forum accounts and making multiple posts about how you don't care.

Meanwhile, I discovered on selo that you can actually have a really awesome TLP community by simply dodging whichever server carries the most negative elements. Since the vast majority of really shitty people either want to play with very limited boxing in a gradual classic-starting atmosphere, or are there to sell shit to those people, choosing a server either with a non classic start (selo) or no boxing restrictions (rizlona) means avoiding the vast majority of both pay2win whiners and professional RMTers. A guild like TEQB doesn't bother me so much but the parts of it that usually do (zerg minded coattail riders and blowhards) tend to fall into the no boxing crowd since they rely on dudes like atabishi to do all the admin work and their personally carries that to groups where they want to /lfg on and get invites and be carried there too.

TLDR whining posters do actually care and if you don't like the zerged atmosphere just go to the alternate TLP server to avoid it.

I don't know. I think plenty of people don't care about who is best or first but that top guilds usually have a bunch of obnoxious players who do unfriendly things to be best or first. So, sure they care, but not about the same things.

Obviously does not apply to guilds who tried to race, talked shit, and failed.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "speed record" is a big * too, because they're still changing the way the game works. This ain't GDQ with an untouched game from 20 years ago on the SNES. Swamp of No Hope spawn changes, charming rares (hello, AJ) changes, all different stuff. None of these records are a record. They're just a note.

I can't wait for the TLP where VP isn't keyed and they kill it day one and say they set a world record. Because they absolutely will.

Why the speed thing is mainly just for in-guild fun to go go go, otherwise pointless as servers are just too different over time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The "speed record" is a big * too, because they're still changing the way the game works. This ain't GDQ with an untouched game from 20 years ago on the SNES. Swamp of No Hope spawn changes, charming rares (hello, AJ) changes, all different stuff. None of these records are a record. They're just a note.

I can't wait for the TLP where VP isn't keyed and they kill it day one and say they set a world record. Because they absolutely will.

Isn't the group exp bonus like 30% higher on Aradune than past servers?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Isn't the group exp bonus like 30% higher on Aradune than past servers?

Its hard to put an exact number on it but it is definitely higher.

Not a perfect comparison but I was server first 50 on Aradune and Agnarr and these screenshots show my /played the moment I dinged.

Aradune - 38 hours 55 mins
1446BAE2-C950-4399-9B02-3C13D98A8AD0.png

Agnarr - 58 hours 43 minutes.
EF19FA9C-CB53-4304-97CB-40DD655953EC.jpeg

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Yeah, but everyone who is interested in tracking times understands and accepts that. It’s a factor outside of our control but it’s still fun to push for time goals regardless and fun is what this is all about.

Basically all speed run times will be beaten not just in EQ but in every game. I am pretty happy to see an Aradune guild beating those old top times finally, certainly some of the guilds on Mangler and Coirnav could have as well if they’d been motivated to do so. In a few years we might actually get to see how fast these things can actually be done; right now every fastest time has vast room for improvement.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Has Kerafyrm been beaten on any of the previous TLP servers during the Velious era?

No. He is usually awoken by 20-30 people in the first month or so after Velious launches. In at least one case he was awoken less than 24 hours after Velious launched.

It would be next to impossible to do now due to AoCs, anyone can key up so even if you endeavored to organize a server wide ST raid some bad faith actor would wake him ahead of schedule because griefing = lulz to a small contingent of EQ players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No. He is usually awoken by 20-30 people in the first month or so after Velious launches. In at least one case he was awoken less than 24 hours after Velious launched.

It would be next to impossible to do now due to AoCs, anyone can key up so even if you endeavored to organize a server wide ST raid some bad faith actor would wake him ahead of schedule because griefing = lulz to a small contingent of EQ players.
So when he's awoken in OW, all DZ's change over to the new version as well?

I had heard rumors that DPG was going to change how the awakening of The Sleeper works to give people more time to experience the pre-woke version of the raid zone?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So when he's awoken in OW, all DZ's change over to the new version as well?

I had heard rumors that DPG was going to change how the awakening of The Sleeper works to give people more time to experience the pre-woke version of the raid zone?

Yeah the DZ version reflects whatever the live version is. I haven’t heard any more than rumors on the ST thing. On a long enough timeline we will see DPG cave on almost all player demands. Usually they say something is impossible or not in the spirit of the game for 1-2 years before giving in.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In a period where TLP's are a thing, I don't get why DZ's are keyed at all.

It doesn't make sense on any level unless you are being a purist, but in that case I hope you aren't using anything from the hole...any potions that are TLP only...ect.

The point of keying back in the day was to limit the speed that content was done. If you have 3 - 4 months to finish content before another expansion hits AND you don't even have to copete against other guilds for boss kills (DZ spawning...) I don't get why raid keys are even a thing.

It just speaks to how "hands off" DBG is about the entire process. Especially when instancing exists, why the fuck should keying even be a thing for old content? This goes doubly for dungeons that require keys. HS and the like would actually be pretty viable alternatives for groups/gear. However, since that type of shit involves a PITA keying requirement, why the hell would I waste my time on an arduous keying process for content that'll only last me 2-3 months?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just speaks to how "hands off" DBG is about the entire process. Especially when instancing exists, why the fuck should keying even be a thing for old content? This goes doubly for dungeons that require keys. HS and the like would actually be pretty viable alternatives for groups/gear. However, since that type of shit involves a PITA keying requirement, why the hell would I waste my time on an arduous keying process for content that'll only last me 2-3 months?

I pity anyone doing VT key farming on a competitive server. It's bad enough when spawns are uncontested.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
It took me 25 hours to get my Ancient Jarsath on phinny (no spawns in that timeframe), about how many would I expect to see on Aradune in the same time period?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It took me 25 hours to get my Ancient Jarsath on phinny (no spawns in that timeframe), about how many would I expect to see on Aradune in the same time period?

I don’t think they have reduced the rarity of AJ. It cannot be charmed any longer, that’s the only change.

I did a quick browse through patch notes back to 2015 and but I could have missed something I suppose.