Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bobby has been the victim of 2 false flag petition campaigns due to his stream. One was for playing a halfling in a group of halflings, and they actually hit him for it even though it was very obviously not a case of multiboxing. Dozens of people sent in petitions on his behalf screaming bloody murder and GM abuse etc. He also had people petition him when he set up a sound macro jokingly referencing SEQ whenever you said the name of someone who grabbed a TA and promptly quit on Selo.

As a result, the GMs at this point are probably EXTREMELY hesitant to ban bobbybick based on accusations made about something seen on his twitch stream. They won't make that mistake again.

I mean, both of those things are true. He did also have a stream where SEQ came up briefly. So good for him... it's not something anyone should be punishedfor at this point unless DPG decides to crack down and give significant advance warning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Seriously. WTF is going on?

I can almost guarantee that it's people being lazy, and using the EZ mode mySEQ instead of setting up a hub and using the old school Linux ShowEQ. If I had to guess (I don't play anymore).

Super easy to detect that shit.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
How much krono did they have? If they have too much, they'll straight up 'permaban' your account with krono, and remove the ban that was 'in error' and suddenly you're missing all your krono when you get unbanned. Have heard of that happening in EQ1/EQ2.

Think it's a ploy to get people to spend more and to prevent hoarding of Krono for any reason, so they have to pay for another sub, and thus someone eventually will need to buy more krono from them. Smart to do, on their part - especially if your revenue depends on sales.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Reading the spicy thread on the TLP forum. Not sure what to make of it. Pretty weird how Zaide just gets namedropped a few posts in. I'd probably remember if he got booted from the Discord for "disrupting launch groups" or whatever at Aradune launch because I was like, there. And then when he posts screenshots, they go to like "well what about that time he did <shitty thing> in the past" and it reminds me of when I argue with a girlfriend, prove she's wrong about whatever is being discussed, and she defaults to bringing up a time I fucked up 3 years ago.

At the very least, reading the thread stirred the urge to resub again.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I would be interested in playing in a casual raid guild again that has strong real leadership.

There are all these guilds on Aradune and other TLP's that claim they are casual but they arent, and this is why TEB and batphone guilds are actually the best for "casuals" ironically: heres why

1. "Casual Guild" but raid 3 times a week on strict schedule and 60% attendance ratios -- I have always done better with a less formal time structure (batphones)
2. Casual guild usually ends up meaning just casually led -- not what I would want.
3. Most of the 3 days of enforced (or not enforced) raiding is on garbage filler content with poorly executed raids and shitter people. Its not a good experience.
4. TEB and others are extremely organized with their systems and efficient in their raiding.

To build a really good casual guild I think you need to really understand TLP's, loot meta, and structure around that -- and bring the best of the real raid guilds to a downselected and parsed approach towards EQ to create a casual veteran raiding experience:

Example:
1x Prime Time Night (Enforced Attendance 60%, this would usually be content that would "gate you" by numbers) - DKP Is Awarded For This
1-2x Other content nights -- GDKP
Super strong leadership / organization and enforced performance (we dont carry shitbags)

So for classic this "casual veteran guild" wouldnt be plowing stupid shit in classic 3x a week -- we are going to skip the garbage -- 1 night of big content per week with enforced attendance. Ironically, I considered rolling a casual necro on aradune lately and looked at the guilds and saw either (no RA enforcement, or 3x a week RA enforcement) + TEB. I know myself too well -- I am not in a place in my career and life where just right now batphone guilds make sense for me -- not knocking them I loved my time in AOS and Faceless.

When I look at the concept of needing to show up, wait an hour while people "form up" and all this casual bullshit for 3x a week that sounds like a fucking nightmare too. Need to focus on organization and experience.

What would the prime time enforced RA raiding look like?
What would classic end up looking like? NAGGY + VOX + SKY?
Kunark? PD? (Lets be honest 90% of kunark is garbage)
Velious? (This is a tough one): KAEL + NTOV?
Luclin? AHR & Friends
POP: Time?

And So forth? I think casual guilds are missing the opportunity to parse down content a bit and get more serious -- providing an opp for a serious player like me to be able to stay engaged on a once / week basis and then not feel like im killing phinny weekly with a bunch of fags. Has anyone thought of this type of setup or seen it?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
The key is to bring players and not players with their shit boxes. You'll get 300% more effectiveness out of 1 person playing 1 important class than that same person playing that class and 3 other boxes played poorly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The key is to bring players and not players with their shit boxes. You'll get 300% more effectiveness out of 1 person playing 1 important class than that same person playing that class and 3 other boxes played poorly.

True 99% of the time. I do know a couple of extreme outliers who are able to play two characters at once with both functioning better than most mains, like Achievements/Jigawatts in OGC. The other 99% of the time, nah. It isn't even worth filling the space, especially once emotes become a thing.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
I would be interested in playing in a casual raid guild again that has strong real leadership.

There are all these guilds on Aradune and other TLP's that claim they are casual but they arent, and this is why TEB and batphone guilds are actually the best for "casuals" ironically: heres why

1. "Casual Guild" but raid 3 times a week on strict schedule and 60% attendance ratios -- I have always done better with a less formal time structure (batphones)
2. Casual guild usually ends up meaning just casually led -- not what I would want.
3. Most of the 3 days of enforced (or not enforced) raiding is on garbage filler content with poorly executed raids and shitter people. Its not a good experience.
4. TEB and others are extremely organized with their systems and efficient in their raiding.

To build a really good casual guild I think you need to really understand TLP's, loot meta, and structure around that -- and bring the best of the real raid guilds to a downselected and parsed approach towards EQ to create a casual veteran raiding experience:

Example:
1x Prime Time Night (Enforced Attendance 60%, this would usually be content that would "gate you" by numbers) - DKP Is Awarded For This
Super strong leadership / organization and enforced performance (we dont carry shitbags)

So for classic this "casual veteran guild" wouldnt be plowing stupid shit in classic 3x a week -- we are going to skip the garbage -- 1 night of big content per week with enforced attendance. Ironically, I considered rolling a casual necro on aradune lately and looked at the guilds and saw either (no RA enforcement, or 3x a week RA enforcement) + TEB. I know myself too well -- I am not in a place in my career and life where just right now batphone guilds make sense for me -- not knocking them I loved my time in AOS and Faceless.

When I look at the concept of needing to show up, wait an hour while people "form up" and all this casual bullshit for 3x a week that sounds like a fucking nightmare too. Need to focus on organization and experience.

Luclin? AHR & Friends

And So forth? I think casual guilds are missing the opportunity to parse down content a bit and get more serious -- providing an opp for a serious player like me to be able to stay engaged on a once / week basis and then not feel like im killing phinny weekly with a bunch of fags. Has anyone thought of this type of setup or seen it?
50% ra on 3 days a week is 6 hours a week.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Example:

Luclin? AHR & Friends

So you wouldn't raid the planes in classic? I think in kunark we were at 2 2 hour raids per week. Velious is boss heavy, we're doing alot.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been in well run casual guilds that never batphoned, with DZs you can still clear everything. Obviously you will not get as much loot as you do batphoning but it also shields you from the least fun aspects of gaming (rushing to compete with other guilds, having to drop your well running xp group, expectation to attend interfering with RL etc).

It helps to have a raid leader willing to get on with things. We always used an on time check for DKP (not in zone at the start time = miss out on substantial DKP). Also, don't wait until everyone is there and buffed to start pulling shit, especially before MGB comes around you can easily end up wasting 20+ minutes casting buffs that you really don't need to succeed. Timmy the Ranger doesn't need to have every single shaman buff. Buff a tank, have some form of mana regen on healers and you are ready to start pulling.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
On-time DKP ticks are paramount for getting people on and ready at start time. Can even have them only go to people in-zone to really speed things up, though that runs the risk of leaving out slow zoners so I don't know. Like in OGC the tick happens at 7:00, buffs start going out, buffs are done by like 7:08 and we're starting an event. I've been in other guilds that'd wait until everyone got there to start buffing, then would have a big med break after the buffs were done, then would start pulling at like 7:25. And guilds like that, between fights, the same thing happens. You end up tuning out pretty hard when after every event you're all just sitting there waiting for another 20-30 minute rez/buff/med session to go by.

It makes a world of difference. I'm waaaay less likely to quit the game in exhaustion if raid guilds are respecting people's time (which goes for the participants respecting each other's time as well).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Example:

Luclin? AHR & Friends

Have you actually tried any non batphone guilds?

On Mangler, for most of the expansions, there were like ten guilds clearing it within a week or twoof the first guild to clear it (slightly longer for something like VT with keying reqs) -- and that's largely because of sticking to scheduled times instead of pushing on launch. If they were all led by incompetent shitters with poorly executed raids, that wouldn't be happening, even with how easy EQ is. I don't see any of these guilds taking an hour to show up and get buffed before getting started. Mine certainly doesn't.

I do agree for most expansions, three days of raiding is excessive. Two is really all that's required. I don't think you're going to get to one in a number of expansions. Are you going to skip Ssra in Luclin or relegate it solely to offnight? Or skip LDON raids and keep doing time, or do LDON raids and skip Time? I'm assuming you don't want a four hour raid night. If you're not earning DKP, I think you'll find a lot of people aren't as interested or you get a lot of boxes and alts that doesn't make for a great experience either.

I think this idea works better with smaller raid forces, but then attrition becomes more serious. If you have a huge raid force and only one enforced raiding day, gearing new people may be problematic if people aren't earning DKP for off night.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Thanks all for the great dialogue. I wrote some thoughts and discourse here. In general what I have found is lack of raid selection efficiency and a "clear all at all tims approach" leads to a lot of useless raiding, dkp inflation, etc. I want to make your DKP count with a "No Filler Content" Targeted Progression Guild.

So you wouldn't raid the planes in classic? I think in kunark we were at 2 2 hour raids per week. Velious is boss heavy, we're doing alot.

I am proposing a unique casual veteran guild that is a "No Filler Content" Targeted Progression Guild -- One raid night per week -- but that raid night is probably closer to 3 hours (4 if / as needed) in length. We would target to progress to the top end bosses as quickly and efficiently as possible. I like to think of it as a hard mode. The answer to your question is "it depends" based on the progression point we are at through classic and if it makes sense.

I would have to think through classic more but the planes could be a great off-night target because mostly I would expect vets to gear themselves in that type of planar armor. It might be involved in early progression though. Mini's can go eff themselves though for example. Im not going to have a whole raid sit there for hours on something you can 1 group in kunark for someone that may need an item then. I think the entire strategy would get mapped out in detail before each expac launch and allow members to comment in case we miss something. For those that "have to have' a certain item -- you just go and hit that on the GDKP night.

So for Velious NTOV + Kael thats all we would do for official raids. Once Kael isn't super juicy anymore we would work in something else. We all know the feeling of pointless AOW cycles. Off-night stuff would be the rest and be voluntary GDKP.

I've been in well run casual guilds that never batphoned, with DZs you can still clear everything. Obviously you will not get as much loot as you do batphoning but it also shields you from the least fun aspects of gaming (rushing to compete with other guilds, having to drop your well running xp group, expectation to attend interfering with RL etc).

It helps to have a raid leader willing to get on with things. We always used an on time check for DKP (not in zone at the start time = miss out on substantial DKP). Also, don't wait until everyone is there and buffed to start pulling shit, especially before MGB comes around you can easily end up wasting 20+ minutes casting buffs that you really don't need to succeed. Timmy the Ranger doesn't need to have every single shaman buff. Buff a tank, have some form of mana regen on healers and you are ready to start pulling.

So I would think to run the thing like an AOS type guild from a standards/raid enforcement type deal on mobilization and class performance. You would only be raiding top end content once a week on a no filler content guild so you are expected to bring your A game. If you have ever heard Grizvok yelling at people you will know what I am talking about. I can guaruntee you we arent delaying the raid to go rez someone in sirens grotto. Lets put it that way

We would intentionally not be clearing everything on official raid night ( one per week ) -- offnight could be some other stuff in a GDKP format. Forcing yourself to pick what to clear and be serious about being respectful of your members time I think is something stellar. I think offering the regular offnight GDKP thing allows whoever wants to do something to go and get all they can eat.

On-time DKP ticks are paramount for getting people on and ready at start time. Can even have them only go to people in-zone to really speed things up, though that runs the risk of leaving out slow zoners so I don't know. Like in OGC the tick happens at 7:00, buffs start going out, buffs are done by like 7:08 and we're starting an event. I've been in other guilds that'd wait until everyone got there to start buffing, then would have a big med break after the buffs were done, then would start pulling at like 7:25. And guilds like that, between fights, the same thing happens. You end up tuning out pretty hard when after every event you're all just sitting there waiting for another 20-30 minute rez/buff/med session to go by.

It makes a world of difference. I'm waaaay less likely to quit the game in exhaustion if raid guilds are respecting people's time (which goes for the participants respecting each other's time as well).

So I find a no filler content targeted progression guild to target doing just that: Really respecting your time. You are 100% correct about the hidden costs associated with raiding and mobilization. Add 45 minutes of "filler time" to each raid between getting there, blah blah blah -- so thats 2.25 hours per week. One fucking time per week show the fuck up and go. Offnights could be more casual -- but are not mandatory. I love efficiency.

Have you actually tried any non batphone guilds?

On Mangler, for most of the expansions, there were like ten guilds clearing it within a week or twoof the first guild to clear it (slightly longer for something like VT with keying reqs) -- and that's largely because of sticking to scheduled times instead of pushing on launch. If they were all led by incompetent shitters with poorly executed raids, that wouldn't be happening, even with how easy EQ is. I don't see any of these guilds taking an hour to show up and get buffed before getting started. Mine certainly doesn't.

I do agree for most expansions, three days of raiding is excessive. Two is really all that's required. I don't think you're going to get to one in a number of expansions. Are you going to skip Ssra in Luclin or relegate it solely to offnight? Or skip LDON raids and keep doing time, or do LDON raids and skip Time? I'm assuming you don't want a four hour raid night. If you're not earning DKP, I think you'll find a lot of people aren't as interested or you get a lot of boxes and alts that doesn't make for a great experience either.

I think this idea works better with smaller raid forces, but then attrition becomes more serious. If you have a huge raid force and only one enforced raiding day, gearing new people may be problematic if people aren't earning DKP for off night.

I have tried several non batphone guilds. I also want to dial my language back and say that I don't mean to shit on "everyone". There are hardcore instance only guilds that probably run a tight ship -- but I have also found those guys try to deep split and run instances 3 nights per week with deep splits and its just not good for my life style right now.

There is a unique market opportunity for a veteran "dad guild" that isnt comprised of shitters -- highly targeted No Filler Content respect your time get shit done type of place that adds an extra level of spice and difficulty because we aren't mass farming garbage content hours on end. So the challenge cuts both ways -- extremely high standards, less raiding, high end targets / targeted progression only (if we cant kill something day 1 end game you would "progress towards that"). So to answer your question -- SSRA would obviously be a target pre-VT then afterwards probably go to off night so the nature of what you are raiding in prime time can shift over the course of the expac. I think there becomes a natural progression throughout the course of the expac rather than a static approach. I think thats the best approach because lets face it on the SSRA example -- 90% of the gear is useless pretty quickly outside of cursed and emp himself and even emp is pretty skippable. I would argue that cursed is probably the least skippable mob there.

Off-night raids can still happen outside of targeted content and those are run as GDKP -- so loot is still dropping and people can get gear. Also as a veteran guild we would have high standards and tell people to "git gud".

"No Filler Content" Targeted Progression Guild - I am not saying its a dominant strategy but I think its a great niche for washed up vets like me and adds some new spice -- because lets face it -- EQ is fucking easy and my definition of hard is not: Autistic deep splits and kiting aow for 2 hours, facerolling content with 200 people, etc.

My definition of hard with EQ is enjoying it and getting the entire experience without spending 3-4 days a week on it -- discretion because lets face it server firsts etc. after doing it 5+ times just arent all that unique anymore. I think it will grab vets, some kronolords (who are usually good players), people who are looking for something different, and others and make a nice little guild. I think forcing yourself to down-select and do it in one night and still achieve the top end stuff is an interesting and really unique challenge.

If people wanted to mob after official raids im not stopping them btw.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like most rizlona guilds. You really don't need to relentlessly slaughter open world or even split heavily to be well geared before expansions are over. Having full BiS from a prior era was never how eq was tuned - and even still you can often get it all with nonsplit aoc only content.

Batphones are about getting it faster and having control of it. On past servers (phinny+ at least) the main raiders in each guild tended to be even in gear by an expac end and it was the casuals and boxes who were benefitting from batphoning.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like most rizlona guilds. You really don't need to relentlessly slaughter open world or even split heavily to be well geared before expansions are over. Having full BiS from a prior era was never how eq was tuned - and even still you can often get it all with nonsplit aoc only content.

Batphones are about getting it faster and having control of it. On past servers (phinny+ at least) the main raiders in each guild tended to be even in gear by an expac end and it was the casuals and boxes who were benefitting from batphoning.

I havent played on Riz -- but you are 100% correct. I would take it a step further and say not to even clear all AOC content in the "enforced DKP Night" -- and let the rest happen organically with GDKP offnight -- so I think my proposition may be somewhat unique in that sense-- I would go as far as to argue that lack of discretion in what you kill is the primary source of DKP inflation and item value deflation -- so its a double loss of peoples valuable time.

This would not be an attempt at a "top guild" in the traditional sense of server firsts etc. -- and also mostly right on the money with the casuals/boxes comment which is why I commented that batphone guilds are so successful because they actually benefit casuals -- where as "casual guilds" dont. It's funny how it actually works.

Finally -- I agree with your comment about not being how EQ was tuned. Quite frankly the game is rofl easy the way we are doing it today -- I think what I am proposing adds at least a little spice to the soup particularly for launches. I would propose to go hard on launches for the fun of it.

I would go as far as to argue that we would go further with 1 night per week of people that know what they are doing and playing optimally versus having a full raid of semi-afk shitlords soaking up loot 3 days a week. You have seen this play out in DPS races before yerm --

Last edited:

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
50% ra on 3 days a week is 6 hours a week.

here’s another way to look at that (at least for some of us - I think I have caveated this isn’t meant to be the guild for everyone - But I think it has an extremely strong niche) that’s inflated dkp- very poor loot for you- 3 hours of additional waiting and Travel time - and 3 nights per week you aren’t being with your kids and pissing off your wife.

i think I would lean towards a higher RA requirement for that single day and dkp earned is really valuable and you can get big items with it

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I found this old EQ advertisement in a book of mine today.

983C7F58-5EDA-4A22-92A2-E4634E8363DF.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users