Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking about dipping my toes back into Aradune and leveling a new character casually. Anyone else thinking of starting up a new toon?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Thinking about dipping my toes back into Aradune and leveling a new character casually. Anyone else thinking of starting up a new toon?
We are probably only a few months away from a fresh TLP bro, resist the urge!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't think stun immunity really matters. I can't recall a time where a raid wiped because I as a DE SK got stunned. Like "o crap if only I didn't get stunned for 0.5 sec I could have done something to save the raid from wiping."

Equally unlikely in a group scenario. If your group is dying or wiping because your non-Ogre tank got stunned the group is doing something wrong.

These tiny racial advantages are so minimal it doesn't really matter too much, aside from DE having more Mana pool and likely able to do slightly more DPS.
Yes, they're small advantages but if you're talking min Max, it's not like every option is equal. A gear upgrade from 50 hit points to 125 hit points isn't really going to make a difference but you don't just decide it's not important and pass it up, do you? All the small things add up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
well frontal dont help much with that, but yes the "any angle" aa is essential for mass pulls
As an SK you pull from mega range, round shit up on your I-can-mount-anywhere mount, and put your back to a wall.

Y'all even game? Fuck.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If you don't think stun immunity matters you aren't pulling enough mobs.

Everyone thinks stun immunity doesn't matter until they get stunned. If you are tanking, you need FSI pretty much until full immunity AAs. No way around it, no amount of RNG will save you. If you are a warrior, beastlord, shadowknight or berserker who isn't an ogre, you're doing it wrong. If you're ever hoping to solo anything on a shaman of value, you're also doing it wrong by rolling anything except Ogre.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
But if you're in a group you ARE tanking and you want your spells to land. Especially if you're doing some duo shenanigans. Hitting your unholy lifetaps on oh shit situations is very important. Also before quicker FD's, getting stunned while catching FD is important.

Troll regen is worthless after luclin and arguably worthless during it except maybe for Lady Nev. And the int caps from other races are worthless once you hit Luclin and max stats.

How does troll regen help with Lady Nev? All I know about that fight is that it has obnoxious spin-stun AOE

<----somewhat Velious-deficient, raided literally everything in EQ from Luclin to Ring of Scale though

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
How does troll regen help with Lady Nev? All I know about that fight is that it has obnoxious spin-stun AOE

<----somewhat Velious-deficient, raided literally everything in EQ from Luclin to Ring of Scale though
Lady Nev takes like 40 minutes in Velious and has a consistent AE. So it does do a tiny bit of help in terms of not having to pop out as much for heals.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lady Nev takes like 40 minutes in Velious and has a consistent AE. So it does do a tiny bit of help in terms of not having to pop out as much for heals.
40 minutes? Geez. You need to hire a little more DPS.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some good drama on the forums re: Rizlona Sleepers Tomb right now. Get it before it’s nuked.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
We are probably only a few months away from a fresh TLP bro, resist the urge!

They said after the last server that any new server would require an existing server to be merged to create room needed. It complicates things or atleast slows them down for sure though.

I would love to see another 2x server launch one being a Mangler clone (minus the disabling of item effects) and a Selo clone with maybe 6-8 week unlocks starting in Luclin.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you make mana a priority through your race and gearing SKs can pump out some respectable numbers.

SKs I know can break top 10 in velious on some fights. The mana issue is that they have a hard time getting back to full mana between bosses on long raids like ToV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
NEV I weapon swap in Epic to get the proc and that helps. Theres a bunch of little things you can do. Me and a few other of the SK bros can do real dmg.

I had over 5k mana on Agnarr with my SK in velious and gear swapped multiple items on engage to optimize mana pool then swap to +ATK

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users