Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve always felt like there is an issue where players who are very focused on peak character performance play the most meta classes, so a lot of times you don’t even see the full capabilities of some less effective classes.

It becomes more noticeable when you have talented players in classes people consider sub optimal like Bobby playing a Rogue or Astral playing a Mage on Selo.

Not sure how much talent it takes to maximize either of these classes. Rogue is 3 button and any half retard can get the max out of them.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not sure how much talent it takes to maximize either of these classes. Rogue is 3 button and any half retard can get the max out of them.

If you really get a hair up your ass the list of shit you can do slightly better or tricks you can show up to a raid with is a long fucking list. There's basically always one more layer of autism available.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you really get a hair up your ass the list of shit you can do slightly better or tricks you can show up to a raid with is a long fucking list. There's basically always one more layer of autism available.

The only real talent needed for playing eq these days in a large guild is being able to tolerate the boredom and stay at peak attention for the raid. Beyond that my 12 year old daughter who never played eq could top the dps chart with right gear.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The only real talent needed for playing eq these days in a large guild is being able to tolerate the boredom and stay at peak attention for the raid. Beyond that my 12 year old daughter who never played eq could top the dps chart with right gear.

Whether or not you have to put in any effort at all is an entirely different issue.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, putting in 10x the work to do 10 percent extra damage or whatever on content that's extremely trivial isn't something everyone is willing to do. But it's definitely available if you want to pursue it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've found that berserker is more complicated than I ever thought before I played one. Figured it'd be a 3-button class without much nuance or variation. Instead it's one of those classes that you can either do extremely well with or extremely not-well. If someone's autoattacking and not pressing buttons, they'll do 1/15th the damage that a player using everything available to them will do. I had to figure out which discs to use with which buffs, and which didn't stack efficiently (i.e. overlap wastes boosts).

If there weren't some really good zerkers to compete with on Phinny like Xhann, Kamahl, and Marcone, I would have thought I was playing well already. Nope, there was a ton of nuance to learn once I started competing on parses with experienced zerkers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What’s the best way to beat NEV? We’ve only done her twice. The second time was hard and that was after we thought we improved. We had about 59 characters. Only 5 monks 3 rogues 4 rangers. Most of us either box a bard or cleric so it is a hard fight to manage two classes.

Our second fight we had melee fight and try to sit before ae went out. I main a paladin and box a bard so I stayed out and healed this time. Still it was tough slog through it. Nobody enjoyed it that is for sure.

You can duck to prevent her AE from stunning or spinning you. Make all your DPS use Gina and just duck/stand her AE and you'll get a lot better DPS uptime.

Celestial healing pots also negate like 90% of her AE damage if you're short on healers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vise

Molten Core Raider
You can duck to prevent her AE from stunning or spinning you. Make all your DPS use Gina and just duck/stand her AE and you'll get a lot better DPS uptime.

Celestial healing pots also negate like 90% of her AE damage if you're short on healers.
Sitting is better for mana and it also avoids the spin stun. Also if you have high enough mr you can resist most of them. Jalar was destroying me on Lady nev because his mr was a lot higher.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I’ve always felt like there is an issue where players who are very focused on peak character performance play the most meta classes, so a lot of times you don’t even see the full capabilities of some less effective classes.

It becomes more noticeable when you have talented players in classes people consider sub optimal like Bobby playing a Rogue or Astral playing a Mage on Selo.
Yep. Most of the time I take a chance on bringing in a random playing a weak class they are just too dumb to pick a good class, not some expert looking to spice things up

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I wish I could full on DPS as a mage, I can't for 2 reasons, mana (never in a bard group) and Threat (since i'm never in a bard group, I can't convince a fellow mage to coth me mid fight to reset agro).

I am salty they made it so pets do WAY less now too.

Great you made it so mage armies can't kill bosses, such a cool feature!

BRB gunna tank dragons with a character out of LoS so I don't have to wear resists and can kill whatever I want with 10 people, very challenge, much fun!

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea been raiding on a mage as well and it feels fairly gimp, like you're hitting things like a wet noodle. Wizard, monk or necro seem to be the real dps classes atm.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mages are still the king of groups though. Anything without MOTM their pets just fucking destroy. Our mages actually parsed VERY well up into velious, but then came back luclin and PoP with some of their AA's like their Sol Ro pet they can put out omega dps. We had a mage who was regularly like 3rd on boss fights with that as well as top 10 overall damage. He DID die a ton though, but make sure you get your harmshield clicky ring from PoSky and you can save yourself a few times.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question about dz lockouts.

If my guild does NToV on a Sat. Can we then wait till tues before going to do west on that day. If we did would we be able to do ntov and west the following sat/tuesday?

I am assuming under this scenario we get no trash loot. But i dunno about splitting the bosses as such.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Question about dz lockouts.

If my guild does NToV on a Sat. Can we then wait till tues before going to do west on that day. If we did would we be able to do ntov and west the following sat/tuesday?

I am assuming under this scenario we get no trash loot. But i dunno about splitting the bosses as such.
I think no? Vulak gives a 4.5 day lockout.

You really only want to split ToV no more then two days apart and you have to kill vulak on the second day.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Everyone thinks stun immunity doesn't matter until they get stunned. If you are tanking, you need FSI pretty much until full immunity AAs. No way around it, no amount of RNG will save you. If you are a warrior, beastlord, shadowknight or berserker who isn't an ogre, you're doing it wrong. If you're ever hoping to solo anything on a shaman of value, you're also doing it wrong by rolling anything except Ogre.

Explain why you need it. You guys keep spouting this "ur doing it wrong if you're not an ogre," nonsense, but going back to my first post, having raided Agnarr from day 1 to today, and actively raided in classic thru Vel on Mangler and Aradune... And as a DE SK on all of them, I can't recall a single time on a raid where me getting stunned in a raid had any negative consequence to the raid.

And when you're pulling, front stun immunity isn't that big a deal, nobody's pulling by running backwards to face mobs, so if ur pulling 50 frogs in guk and running back to your camp, being an ogre isn't saving you. And if the 50 mobs ARE in camp, your group isn't wiping because you got stunned. If you're wiping it's for other reasons.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Explain why you need it. You guys keep spouting this "ur doing it wrong if you're not an ogre," nonsense, but going back to my first post, having raided Agnarr from day 1 to today, and actively raided in classic thru Vel on Mangler and Aradune... And as a DE SK on all of them, I can't recall a single time on a raid where me getting stunned in a raid had any negative consequence to the raid.

And when you're pulling, front stun immunity isn't that big a deal, nobody's pulling by running backwards to face mobs, so if ur pulling 50 frogs in guk and running back to your camp, being an ogre isn't saving you. And if the 50 mobs ARE in camp, your group isn't wiping because you got stunned. If you're wiping it's for other reasons.
This is

mostly incorrect.