Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

moai13

Trakanon Raider
I think he's saying that because he assumes you will always use dark elf illusion if not a dark elf... Which is beyond silly and shows his obvious bias towards DE.

H2h caps are different, but the hand wraps should have always put you over cap.
Thanks for spelling out the buff slot situation. I had 100% forgotten about the "buff slot loss" of having a DE mask.
On AK/TAKP though, with dark hand wraps, due to the code on those servers, the wraps only maxed out monks h2h to 255, I believe. I assume on live/tlp due to the code allowing skill cap to be beyond 255, the Dark Hand Wraps's value shoots up in comparison?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thanks for spelling out the buff slot situation. I had 100% forgotten about the "buff slot loss" of having a DE mask.
On AK/TAKP though, with dark hand wraps, due to the code on those servers, the wraps only maxed out monks h2h to 255, I believe. I assume on live/tlp due to the code allowing skill cap to be beyond 255, the Dark Hand Wraps's value shoots up in comparison?
Yeah, it will give you the full amount and then scales with level since it's a percentage -- one reason why it's not so easily replaced.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh hey, did not know you were Porrtt. Excellent job porting btw! 10/10.

I know we have krono lords here. Someone sell me a White Dragon Helm. Or Donals Bp since i sold mine to get kr for a deal that fell thru. Same name in game, or olivercromwell.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the role of a chanter mid-fight on raids circa Velious/Luclin? If I find some time to go back and raid a bit I'd like to know what I'm doing. Between fights I'm buffing and so forth, so the question is more for during the actual fights. Obviously rebuffing important people if they die is a top priority. What about the rest of the time? Get Tash on the mob if no one else does, then: Nuke for almost no damage? Spam rune on the main tank? Try to land a DoT? When I raided on high-MR early-game mobs as a chanter it felt like I wasn't doing it right, since boss spell resistance is so much more of a wall compared to later expansions. I usually default to spamming rune on the main tank while watching for pet breaks (if applicable).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Manage a charm pet and de-aggro as much as you can because MoTM will get you fucked. I don't think there's much charming if any during Luclin, so it's mostly what you already know. Rebuff/Rune the tank on high DPS mobs/tash and dot and nuke. We had an enchanter parse top 10 in Vex Thal because he was dotting every mob and nuking nonstop. The problem with enchanter is their nuke has a push so you've got to watch that and you need to watch you aggro as they've got some high aggro spells. Enchanters start to suck raid wise besides tash and rebuff starting in PoP, but they become kings of group shit. We had a lot of people want to gear their enchanters in raids and play another class. We didn't allow it as we're not a box guild, but more than one person had the same idea. If you commit to enchanter come GoD+ you'll be a fucking monster though. Doing whatever you want wherever you want. Soloing anything with your charm and just runing yourself while ripping through charm pets.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enc being top 10 in VT only means you had dps that was lazy on trash. Also likely means your bards don't know how to AE.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm not sure how an enchanter is more powerful in OoW+ than in PoP (at least for a while). Starting in OoW charmed pets get nerfs to their power. I mean, there's cases like the coerced lieutenants on the OMM fight or the mastruqs in Txevu where enchanters are super important, but that's pretty specific. There's also a lot less viable charm targets in a lot of zones. I'm pretty sure you can't charm anything in Kod'Taz, for example.

Last edited:

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Rizlona has been interesting the last couple of weeks. Tons of big boxers getting banned/suspended. Some for doing nefarious things, others for seemingly just being AFK(not even pulling mobs, running anywhere, etc). It would appear the GMs are on a war path.

Ex(not me):
unknown.png

OW mobs used to be perma-camped - now it's pretty easy to find them up, and a lot of the big boxers who haven't been banned have hardly been on out of fear.

They seem to have done a complete 180 on Holly's "MQ2 is okay if you're not afk automating stuff" policy.