Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Rizlona has been interesting the last couple of weeks. Tons of big boxers getting banned/suspended. Some for doing nefarious things, others for seemingly just being AFK(not even pulling mobs, running anywhere, etc). It would appear the GMs are on a war path.

Ex(not me):
View attachment 324073

OW mobs used to be perma-camped - now it's pretty easy to find them up, and a lot of the big boxers who haven't been banned have hardly been on out of fear.

They seem to have done a complete 180 on Holly's "MQ2 is okay if you're not afk automating stuff" policy.
Lmao boxing 30 characters but can’t be bothered to activate windows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lmao boxing 30 characters but can’t be bothered to activate windows.
I'm guessing when you scale to 30 characters you're using a few different PCs and aren't buying windows for all of them. kmspico only works for a few months :(

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rizlona has been interesting the last couple of weeks. Tons of big boxers getting banned/suspended. Some for doing nefarious things, others for seemingly just being AFK(not even pulling mobs, running anywhere, etc). It would appear the GMs are on a war path.

Ex(not me):
View attachment 324073

OW mobs used to be perma-camped - now it's pretty easy to find them up, and a lot of the big boxers who haven't been banned have hardly been on out of fear.

They seem to have done a complete 180 on Holly's "MQ2 is okay if you're not afk automating stuff" policy.
1608237834067.jpeg
1608237819141.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Interesting, I wonder if that means the TLP GMs hiring length got extended as I would imagine live server issues would be clogging up most of the GM tickets.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, I think it's a result of the various boxing armies raising a ruckus at the resident Lord King boxer waking the Sleeper. Many of them submitted evidence to Dreamweaver and for once I think it actually resulted in the dude getting many accounts banned (this was the same guy who awoke the sleeper on Mangler and was doing botted raids from Velious to OoW without any penalties). However, I think that led to increased scrutiny of Rizlona and everyone on it -- I'm not even sure the GMs know the devs allowed MQ2 and ISBoxer to work on there. So Rizlona is basically in 1950s McCarthy Red Scare America at this point.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
We haven't had anyone in my guild get hit with bans yet but most of our boxers are kind of laying low at the moment. Plenty of folks in other guilds though have gotten hit, not just the big boxer boys. Sucks about Flex and Blame though, they were pretty cool dudes to talk to. Blame in particular helped a lot of folks out with quest items and other shit for free.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not sure how an enchanter is more powerful in OoW+ than in PoP (at least for a while). Starting in OoW charmed pets get nerfs to their power. I mean, there's cases like the coerced lieutenants on the OMM fight or the mastruqs in Txevu where enchanters are super important, but that's pretty specific. There's also a lot less viable charm targets in a lot of zones. I'm pretty sure you can't charm anything in Kod'Taz, for example.
I didn't mean pet-wise, but in certain zones they still do fine even with the Discord charm nerf. I meant the utility. The nonstop self runing, more AE shit, doppleganger, etc etc. Before they were the groups main dps with charm pets they were the CC factory and GoD+ is when they truly start to show it. In Walls of Slaughter we routinely pull about 20-30 mobs and just have an OOG enchanter lock them down while we pick through them. Due to limits like cooldowns + resists that wasn't entirely possible in previous expansions. Even running through zones for raids we'd sometimes just train a million mobs and have one enchanter mez them and blur them as we click in to our instance.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Well, I think it's a result of the various boxing armies raising a ruckus at the resident Lord King boxer waking the Sleeper. Many of them submitted evidence to Dreamweaver and for once I think it actually resulted in the dude getting many accounts banned (this was the same guy who awoke the sleeper on Mangler and was doing botted raids from Velious to OoW without any penalties). However, I think that led to increased scrutiny of Rizlona and everyone on it -- I'm not even sure the GMs know the devs allowed MQ2 and ISBoxer to work on there. So Rizlona is basically in 1950s McCarthy Red Scare America at this point.
Oh no, not Tubbins?

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Oh no, not Tubbins?
All the information I have point to Blame and Tubbins being the same, yes. He definitely didn't lose all his accounts (or he has specific ones for each server), though, as Tubbins was back selling loot recently on Mangler after a bit of a hiatus.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
They aren't the same person. Don't get too excited. One of them just prefers no attention and the other loves the attention.

You really think the boss man of TLP MQ2, botting, warping and truebox break, would be wasting his time on Rizlona? Not a chance. The only reason someone with those programs would be on Rizlona is if they had no choice.

• 1Worf

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This would seemingly not align with what Zaide Zaide has been saying about Jchan caring less then Holly about bots/mq2 hacks.

I haven't really noticed much on aradune lately. It's still a thing where i'll be in chardok farming nameds on my enc and suddenly 30 clearly boxed dudes pop up. But they prob get away with it by playing during odd times in neglected zones.

DickTrickle

They aren't the same person. Don't get too excited. One of them just prefers no attention and the other loves the attention.

You really think the boss man of TLP MQ2, botting, warping and truebox break, would be wasting his time on Rizlona? Not a chance. The only reason someone with those programs would be on Rizlona is if they had no choice.

They may not be the same but your comment about attention is not accurate. When tubbins woke the sleeper on Mangler he named his guild after doing so and repeatedly joked/sparred about it in general chat.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
They may not be the same but your comment about attention is not accurate. When tubbins woke the sleeper on Mangler he named his guild after doing so and repeatedly joked/sparred about it in general chat.
There were like 3 people on the team that woke the sleeper on Mangler. The person joking/sparring about it in general chat, is not / was not Tubbins. The person you remember on Mangler, is the same as Rizlona. But, it's not Tubbins.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Imagine, if you would, being so autistic that you box dozens of accounts to do a raid people enjoy doing casually with 50 or so other human beings, just so you can ruin the chance of anyone else doing it on a server. Astounding

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Imagine, if you would, being so autistic that you box dozens of accounts to do a raid people enjoy doing casually with 50 or so other human beings, just so you can ruin the chance of anyone else doing it on a server. Astounding
THATS EQ BABY

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

DickTrickle

I think the primary reason they do it is because you can much more easily farm primal weapons post awakening. More primals equals more money.