Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
About to be at a point where I can dedicate time to games again and was really thinking about getting back into this. Some good expansions coming up. Have my 50 Ranger from Classic, a Warrior in the '40s, a 51 Druid... not sure what to play or Box. Rangers just became easy mode DPS, so that's probably where I'll start first.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who raced you guys?
I don't know, maybe every single guild pushing for VT shards and Emp keys? I've had more contested camps in the last 3 days then I did the entirety of Kunark.

Victorem, AM, Vets of Norrath, (not rampage because they're casual now).

Not sure if any were actively trying to race, moreso attempting cucking the chance at setting the record.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know, maybe every single guild pushing for VT shards and Emp keys? I've had more contested camps in the last 3 days then I did the entirety of Kunark.

Not sure if any were actively trying to race, moreso attempting cucking the chance at setting the record.
Or, you know, it's not about your guild at all and it's about them farming their own keys so they can do their DZ sooner than later. Every other TLP would have multiple guilds farming key pieces on the first day who weren't racing to be first.

Spoiler alert: PoS in PoP will be the same way and it won't be about "cucking" you.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Or, you know, it's not about your guild at all and it's about them farming their own keys so they can do their DZ sooner than later. Every other TLP would have multiple guilds farming key pieces on the first day who weren't racing to be first.

Spoiler alert: PoS in PoP will be the same way and it won't be about "cucking" you.
Storms on Phinny was the maybe the best part of that expansion. I know people have nostalgia boners for PoP, but honestly it's pretty shitty on TLP.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe not a popular opinion here, but Kunark and POP are my most hated expansions just because of that. Sure POP is cool the first time you do it, but being that its 5-6 months long on most TLP's and the only worthwhile raid zone is plane of time it gets old very quickly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Maybe not a popular opinion here, but Kunark and POP are my most hated expansions just because of that. Sure POP is cool the first time you do it, but being that its 5-6 months long on most TLP's and the only worthwhile raid zone is plane of time it gets old very quickly.
PoP is trash for sure. Everyone acts like I am crazy when I talk about how bad it is.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yea, I guess farming shards and keys the first few days is racing now. I guess people are racing still and will be racing for the first month also since they will still be doing keys and shards.

• 2Worf

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean maybe if another guild killed emp by now, you could say you were racing. But 5 days in and 1 guild with a emp kill means that no one is really trying but you guys. Everyone else is going at their own pace, amd has been mostly friendly...

until TEB comes to a camp and tries to take it with their Zerg. Like last night at The Gray. You needed 25+ people to go against 11 MR people.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pop is one of those expansions that was generally better in era, imo (minus flagging headaches). You actually spend time at different tiers and got to enjoy the different loot, to some extent. Now, most of the expansion is essentially worthless after two days of raiding.

Sterling

El Presidente
Pop is one of those expansions that was generally better in era, imo (minus flagging headaches). You actually spend time at different tiers and got to enjoy the different loot, to some extent. Now, most of the expansion is essentially worthless after two days of raiding.
Yeah TLP is not really classic EQ. Characters are just 10x more powerful than they were back then so the threshold for worthwhile content is just a lot higher. GoD is much, much better than PoP and yet a significant portion of TLP players don't ever play it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Yeah TLP is not really classic EQ. Characters are just 10x more powerful than they were back then so the threshold for worthwhile content is just a lot higher. GoD is much, much better than PoP and yet a significant portion of TLP players don't ever play it.
Well, that 10x more powerful on TLPs plays perfectly into the GoD expansion because of how over tuned it was. Makes the expansion do-able, and hence fun. Doesn't feel like you're beating your head against a wall for no reason. I agree though, almost no one ever sees it because of the stigma associated with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, that 10x more powerful on TLPs plays perfectly into the GoD expansion because of how over tuned it was. Makes the expansion do-able, and hence fun. Doesn't feel like you're beating your head against a wall for no reason. I agree though, almost no one ever sees it because of the stigma associated with it.
Yeah GoD was rough on live. Was the first expansion my guild didn't finish in era, we didn't kill Tunat until a week or so into OoW when most everyone was 70 and we had some spells and shit. Also I got my shit pushed in pretty bad by that Diabolic Destroyer as my SK tank with lots of different group comps and I was pretty close to BiS at the time. Definitely not a casual friendly expansion when it came out lol.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The race to get into x place is always the goal which requires numbers and organization. Killing the mobs has always been a foregone conclusion once the requirements to enter has been met. There have been a few servers where this was pretty fun because there were equal parties racing. The way EQ is setup the greater numbers of course always have the advantage during the race.

I know there are a ton of solutions out there which could make the mobs in the race actually matter but most require far to much dev time which wont happen. I still think the easiest way to make the race focus more on mobs and not on numbers is to remove all OW raid mobs which have MOTM up to and including POP. Reduce DZ size limit to 54 up to and including POP. This would force people into smaller guilds and make good players a premium. Even at 54 it wont be a hard challenge but it will atleast make you think twice before guilding with so many bad players.

Next TLP
- Mangler Copy same EXP, Truebox rules
- All OW mobs with MOTM have been removed
- All DZs max at 54 players

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vise

Molten Core Raider
I mean maybe if another guild killed emp by now, you could say you were racing. But 5 days in and 1 guild with a emp kill means that no one is really trying but you guys. Everyone else is going at their own pace, amd has been mostly friendly...

until TEB comes to a camp and tries to take it with their Zerg. Like last night at The Gray. You needed 25+ people to go against 11 MR people.
Altered minds Killed Emp and Aten last night, Nothing but Nice killed emp last night.

People like to say this server is low population or casual to discredit TEB but the truth is we have two guilds killing Aten faster then any guild on mangler.

Oh and Victorm attemped Emp last.

Last edited:

Vise

Molten Core Raider
The race to get into x place is always the goal which requires numbers and organization. Killing the mobs has always been a foregone conclusion once the requirements to enter has been met. There have been a few servers where this was pretty fun because there were equal parties racing. The way EQ is setup the greater numbers of course always have the advantage during the race.

I know there are a ton of solutions out there which could make the mobs in the race actually matter but most require far to much dev time which wont happen. I still think the easiest way to make the race focus more on mobs and not on numbers is to remove all OW raid mobs which have MOTM up to and including POP. Reduce DZ size limit to 54 up to and including POP. This would force people into smaller guilds and make good players a premium. Even at 54 it wont be a hard challenge but it will atleast make you think twice before guilding with so many bad players.

Next TLP
- Mangler Copy same EXP, Truebox rules
- All OW mobs with MOTM have been removed
- All DZs max at 54 players

A guild with 3 raids forces in it has a much greater advantage at "racing" still. They would need a rework on how keying is done in a lot of expansion for this to work.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
What if they made an ACTUAL casual server and released Selo 2.0 but with reverse MOTM that never ended. Players just have like 500% stats forever.

Crone

What if they made an ACTUAL casual server and released Selo 2.0 but with reverse MOTM that never ended. Players just have like 500% stats forever.
So like some of the fucky emulator servers where you can go around and 1 group every encounter? or rather it's tuned that way in era? Not saying level 100's go and solo a old raid mob. I'm saying Server is locked at Velious, and 1 group can go kill AoW.

Some of those were popular due to tons of people just wanting to "solo".

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

All they would need to do for a casual server is to have selo experience and remove all flagging for any DZ. OW would still require the flagging requirements.

• 2Like