Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest argument against a Kunark launch is just that it’s a really good idea and in my experience Daybreak/DPG has a rule against doing things that would work too well.

I always say take the dumbest thing you think DBG might do. Then take that idea one step more and thats what they are most likely to implement.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
This isn't right, old era EQ management was pretty ban happy on people for being "creative." It's not like today where they see a strat they don't like (e.q. spamming clickies to play threat games, pulling Emp out of his room etc) and just patch it out, in the '99-02 era they would do big suspensions and bans for strategies GMs disliked even if there was no public "rule" about it. Back then server GMs were actually present on the servers daily and had tons of autonomy. Current CS only get involved if petitioned, and it goes to a team that doesn't even work out of the same office and has limited communication with the core Darkpaw employees, most of them barely understand what EQ is.

Conquest got banned back in 2000 or so in Velious for stuff that frankly was nothing compared to any of fifty exploits I've used on Daybreak era TLPs on raid content lol.

Edit-What's interesting is Blizzard kinda follows that old model with WoW. They regularly issue guild suspensions for doing anything during the early weeks of a new raid where it's obvious the guild is doing something against "the intended mechanics of the fight." Even if it's a Blizzard bug or whatever, they'll still do suspensions. The first couple guilds to actually do content Blizzard also monitors and will despawn events if a guild discovers a tactic they consider to be unintended gameplay, and won't let them pull the boss again until they hotfix it out.

I was referring to none of the current things that im aware of that DZ guilds do in terms of strats would get them banned/suspended today...not talking about back in 99.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I was referring to none of the current things that im aware of that DZ guilds do in terms of strats would get them banned/suspended today...not talking about back in 99.
Oh yeah, I agree w/that. People streamed all the major exploits you could do in DZ and OW live on Twitch in the last few years and none of the guilds/players involved got in any trouble. I don't really think they ban for players doing raids in an unintended way anymore, they will just occasionally patch things out that trigger enough people on the forums.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This isn't right, old era EQ management was pretty ban happy on people for being "creative." It's not like today where they see a strat they don't like (e.q. spamming clickies to play threat games, pulling Emp out of his room etc) and just patch it out, in the '99-02 era they would do big suspensions and bans for strategies GMs disliked even if there was no public "rule" about it. Back then server GMs were actually present on the servers daily and had tons of autonomy. Current CS only get involved if petitioned, and it goes to a team that doesn't even work out of the same office and has limited communication with the core Darkpaw employees, most of them barely understand what EQ is.

Conquest got banned back in 2000 or so in Velious for stuff that frankly was nothing compared to any of fifty exploits I've used on Daybreak era TLPs on raid content lol.

Edit-What's interesting is Blizzard kinda follows that old model with WoW. They regularly issue guild suspensions for doing anything during the early weeks of a new raid where it's obvious the guild is doing something against "the intended mechanics of the fight." Even if it's a Blizzard bug or whatever, they'll still do suspensions. The first couple guilds to actually do content Blizzard also monitors and will despawn events if a guild discovers a tactic they consider to be unintended gameplay, and won't let them pull the boss again until they hotfix it out.

We had some GMs tell us back in classic 1999ish in FoH that we had to stand in a dragons AE and could not use corners to avoid it because they considered it an exploit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
We had some GMs tell us back in classic 1999ish in FoH that we had to stand in a dragons AE and could not use corners to avoid it because they considered it an exploit.

dragon sploit.png

I'm on to you dragon, I'm on to you.

• 3Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
What's kinda funny to me is there are some later (much later) era EQ fights that have mechanics that seem all but designed with ShowEQ (or MQ2Map) usage in mind, and would be incredibly difficult for any guild that had 0 people using SEQ to complete.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Now that they fixed enchanter epic my autism can allow twochainz to return, one day. my static and I are actually planning on getting a place and hanging out IRL for the next one (probably a year from now) -- it will be our fifth or sixth together. one of them from phinny calls me and we talk about life and shit all the time and we all have each others numbers. its cool how friends evolve over the years.

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Now that they fixed enchanter epic my autism can allow twochainz to return, one day. my static and I are actually planning on getting a place and hanging out IRL for the next one (probably a year from now) -- it will be our fifth or sixth together. one of them from phinny calls me and we talk about life and shit all the time and we all have each others numbers. its cool how friends evolve over the years.

msm-3.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>

yeah no -- your going to need to add a long beard and wheelchair to one, 30-40 lbs and some mild balding to the other, a lot of cocaine to the third, and then full bald and 80 lbs to the next - unless we get reese back cause we had a certified grill on our first static.

god bless eq

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
She the southern woman? She was in my static for Kunark on Agnarr and d/c'd in Kunark and couldn't get passed the patcher. She gave us her full login information and logged off and never came back.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
She the southern woman? She was in my static for Kunark on Agnarr and d/c'd in Kunark and couldn't get passed the patcher. She gave us her full login information and logged off and never came back.

i won’t doxx her but I never got any confirmation that she played after phinny.

just make sure someone is paying her water bill

She probably had her bills paid for years after she rmtd server first vulak robe on phinny.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
“You know
I wish that I had Dandin’s girl
I wish that I had Dandin’s girl
Where can I find a woman like that”

1613055232802.gif

• 1Like

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Talking about difficulty in the context of EQ TLPs always strikes me as missing the motivation of the vast majority of players. People like the ease and familiarity. It is basically rewatching Friends or The Office or whatever. Which a lot of people like.

• 3Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Ugh getting EQ itch again. Might be time to restart the bard(ugh getting 1.0 this late though).

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Talking about difficulty in the context of EQ TLPs always strikes me as missing the motivation of the vast majority of players. People like the ease and familiarity. It is basically rewatching Friends or The Office or whatever. Which a lot of people like.
This
Who plays TLPs for a challenge? Most play to get a nostalgia binge or to just hang out and dick around with friends and be social with like minded people.
If people wanted a challenge they would be running mythics in wow or something.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
This
Who plays TLPs for a challenge? Most play to get a nostalgia binge or to just hang out and dick around with friends and be social with like minded people.
If people wanted a challenge they would be running mythics in wow or something.
Mostly this. Though I will say doing things with very low numbers or say selo at launch(jumping into velious/luclin raids when literally wearing summoned plate, basic leather and such was a challenge/fun). Not to say mechanics wise they become a challenge, but in the sense of personal responsibility and getting the absolute max out of your character to beat something.

• 1Like