Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
As long as they kee making money someone will always find a way to take control abd wring every dollar they can.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
At minimum we know EQ is profitable, so it is likely to always find a home. I was hoping to make a few hundred million on gamestop and buy EQ but I wasn't so lucky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Worry when the next round of lifetime subs are offered. As long as they're not offering those it is still in good shape.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's the only 100% reproducible one I'm aware of but there are some other bugs that can happen that zone you to PoK that have happened to me personally and I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce them. Both times it happened in Fear though. I crashed while zoning out of fear in Kunark at lvl 60 and logged back in to PoK. Also died while feared in Velious at lvl 60 and was released to PoK.

My question would be why do the botters use PoK as a warping point if all the stones are inactive? I know all the warpers have the PoK achievement at lvl 1 but wasn't really sure why. I assume it's because they can do something in the back end to activate the stones or the zone warping allows them to go to any zone from PoK? I know that some of the botters now days don't even have to talk to the AoC's to enter a DZ so they don't get caught with the /say ready spam all going out at the same time on 72 characters. They just run up to the AoC and enter without ever saying a word. Was thinking maybe it's something like that, that is allowing them to use the stones without them actually being there.

I've had situations happen where I ended up in Old Oasis after crashing during an instance that closed when I was gone, but only some of the time. Not sure how to reproduce it now or even if it's still possible. I believe it's related to LDON. It was pretty awesome when it happened, and the zone was fully populated so I could hang out there fighting SGs or whatever until I eventually zoned out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came back last week sometime, and 2 weeks later I'm level 60 on my Ranger, EQ/AM3, and with an Ancient Pris Bow. Shit's insane, and tons of fun. Luclin is amazing.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
How would it be starting from scratch on Aradune at this point? I've never done a TLP and kind of have the itch. Presumably I'd need to be careful about class I play, I guess.

I was planning on just waiting until the next one but who knows when that will be.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How would it be starting from scratch on Aradune at this point? I've never done a TLP and kind of have the itch. Presumably I'd need to be careful about class I play, I guess.

I was planning on just waiting until the next one but who knows when that will be.

Aradune is pretty damned active. Running through the Nexus and Bazaar it's got as many people as my old live server had at this time. It's kinda crazy.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
Paid for a sub, logged on, observed that you now need to kill 75-100 level 1 mobs to go from level 2 to level 3 as a solo player, and logged off. Maybe that's how it was back in the day and I forgot? I kinda remember 1-5 taking about half an hour.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
what do you mean by back in the day? if you mean back in 1999, then it was slower than that. if you mean like during TSS on live then sure maybe 1-5 took half an hour, but that was never really a thing unless you were doing red wine or something until much later in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Paid for a sub, logged on, observed that you now need to kill 75-100 level 1 mobs to go from level 2 to level 3 as a solo player, and logged off. Maybe that's how it was back in the day and I forgot? I kinda remember 1-5 taking about half an hour.
The early levels are by far the worst. If you can muster 1-10, it's way better after that, but grouping is by far the way to go thanks to the xp bonuses.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
what do you mean by back in the day? if you mean back in 1999, then it was slower than that. if you mean like during TSS on live then sure maybe 1-5 took half an hour, but that was never really a thing unless you were doing red wine or something until much later in the game.

I just have a bad memory, thanks for correcting me. I played 99-2004 then quit until recently.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

There was a change at some point to where mowing down waves of blue mobs is now much much slower than killing far fewer yellow/reds

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Solo xp is garbage compared to group xp too. I think they have gone out of their way to nerf solo xp.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
We'll see how it goes. I'll try to stick it out until level 10 or so on my shaman and if things don't work out I'll take a crack at boxing on Riz. Thanks for the info.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the guy just restarting after 20 years or wwhatever. I recently did the same thing last Sept on Aradune.

The first 10 levels or snouts are the absolute worst part. After nearly quitting I managed getting 43 in few days since the game get a way better once you start grouping with a more developed class ect. Still playing now with a 60 cleric and enc. While making a SK to level this next week.

You may also consider the rat ears quest as a way of skipping the first 20 or 30 levels . Most my guild does this.

Also. we are getting bonus xp for anniversary soonish.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The first few levels really are complete and utter garbage. You've got no abilities and the way their math is set up killing a level 1 bat while you are level 2 is horrendous. Soloing one blue but just barely blue mob after another, like we all did back in the day, is awful now. The math currently for grouping is as such -

expssssss.png

H herbert If you want to just jump ahead a bit the easiest way to do that is to turn in stacks of 1000 rat ears to a dude in Qeynos Hills. You can buy them by the stack in the Commons. I think it's 10 plat per thousand? Parcels and shared banks exist as do Luclin spires. If you're wanting to give this server a go I can hook you up a bit if you give me your character name.