Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Group bonus is now much higher too, which further drives people to where the groups are. Even quadding doesn't compare to group xp now.

Some zones would benefit from more safe camp spots too. Hundreds of mobs in the middle of zones like Emerald Jungle or Trak Teeth and nobody hunts them because you'll just get overwhelmed with adds. Compare this to Dreadlands where you can pull to the KC castle wall, making the zone viable to hunt in.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's much less of an issue if the exp rate is just universally fast. Exp rates on TLPs now are such that you really feel it when you're doing something sub-par. I don't exactly object to the rewards being heavily slanted towards grouping with good classes in good zones. I get that the group-centered game wants you to group. I just don't want it to feel so bad to do anything but that. Even with a completely blinged out twink stabbing an endless parade of yellows it's just such a fucking chore. It makes 1000 times more sense to skip as much as you can with rat ears, out of group boxes, paid PLs and the like. I don't want to just buy AAs but the time/effort/reward calc is so heavily slanted towards doing so that I'd be a fool to put up with a regular quality group in a regular location.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It's March, where's my new TLP? I want something new like half elf clerics or human shaman or or or high elf necromancers. And start in luclin with level cap of 50.

Randomly shifting zems changing daily at noon! Dwarf wizards! Surprise me I dunno

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Theres a lot they could do to fix the instancing issues and making it so other zones are utilized. But again, its DBG and they wont do such a thing. Im so tired of doing the 3 same zones to 60 that I cant even stomach playing the game anymore.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Theres a lot they could do to fix the instancing issues and making it so other zones are utilized. But again, its DBG and they wont do such a thing. Im so tired of doing the 3 same zones to 60 that I cant even stomach playing the game anymore.

I quit during OoW so have no idea of the number of exp spots in successive expansions. Does it get better or worse?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Put all classic droppable gear in a random global drop table and add it to all level appropriate NPCs! #MNGA
I'm sure we won't find some way to exploit it.
And then people will never have to leave lower guk, since all the loot in the world has a chance to drop there now.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zones are not used less because they have shitty zems, they are used less because they have shitty loot, low mob numbers, AND shitty zems.

Runnyeye was used until they removed its loot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Would it really be so bad if they just equalized the zems, say to the level of the highest available zem at that level range? There are plenty of places I'd level at if the xp was better. Density, loot etc are a factor, but that is more organic than a natural zem boost. I also loved hot zones, don't really see why we shouldn't have those on TLP given how watered down everything else is. It was always a good reason to pile into some random dungeon.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Would it really be so bad if they just equalized the zems, say to the level of the highest available zem at that level range? There are plenty of places I'd level at if the xp was better. Density, loot etc are a factor, but that is more organic than a natural zem boost. I also loved hot zones, don't really see why we shouldn't have those on TLP given how watered down everything else is. It was always a good reason to pile into some random dungeon.

Not caught up on the conversation completely but...aren't ZEM's largely gone now?

I agree on the HotZone front though, that was a interesting concept that broke the "Go here and mentally AFK level" meta.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not caught up on the conversation completely but...aren't ZEM's largely gone now?

I agree on the HotZone front though, that was a interesting concept that broke the "Go here and mentally AFK level" meta.
In classic zems range from 0% modifier to as high as +80% modifier.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always love leveling in Kedge in classic. No one ever goes there, the ZEM is high, the loot is actually pretty good albiet with long named respawn times, and the swimming part never bothered me. It gives me that very isolated feeling and I love it. It's also fun dragging friends or guildies down there with me and watching them forget to recast EB and drown so it has that going for it too.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always love leveling in Kedge in classic. No one ever goes there, the ZEM is high, the loot is actually pretty good albiet with long named respawn times, and the swimming part never bothered me. It gives me that very isolated feeling and I love it. It's also fun dragging friends or guildies down there with me and watching them forget to recast EB and drown so it has that going for it too.

Whenever I think of Kedge I think of the fear in my guts whenever I used to swim over Phini's pit, I fucking hate deep water.

That and the time the bitter girlfriend of a druid on my server bound his soul by the entrance and let him drown repeatedly. Then logged off and changed his logon details.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That and the time the bitter girlfriend of a druid on my server bound his soul by the entrance and let him drown repeatedly. Then logged off and changed his logon details.
dropped.jpg

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is why 6/10ths of the VT key (Seru, Ssra, Grey, Akehva, Acrylia, Deep) is fun and good: completing it takes you around the expansion and makes mediocre xp and mediocre raid bosses worth doing. And in general those 6 aren't painfully rare, though you can get screwed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Part of why people congregate in the same zones is because it's convenient to get to and there's a much higher chance of finding a group in a crowded zone with contant player churn.

Compared to trying to put a group together to go do something somewhere else, it can take a chunk of peoples play time just forming and getting to the zone, then inevitably somebody has to leave and you need to find a replacement willing to come to some obscure zone and get them to your camp.

Most people take the path of least resistance. You can fuck around with ZEMs or loot tables all you want but until a critical mass of people decide to go to that zone, most will continue to do that which is familiar and comfortable for them. Now in luclin and beyond the new meta will be to AFK in nexus and later PoK with LFG on.

Sure there are players that want to go explore and experience new zones, but trying to find them available at the same time, being of similar level etc is harder than you'd think.

Last edited:

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Luclin zones get a lot of traffic when it releases because PUG groups tend to be filled with flakey people or just people with low amounts of time to play. When I leveled a bard a few weeks back on Aradune I did MSeru from 20-27 and DSP from like 27-35 and in both zones I would see a new player joining/leaving on average every 20mins. Being 2-3 zones away (and small zones) from a major hub is a big motivator when you can mooch buffs and invest lower amounts of time. Velks continues to see lots of traffic because the ZEM is good, the mob density is good, its a 2min run to Luclin spires, and you can get to basically all the good camps without having to plow through see invis trash.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
holy shit. I am so dumb. I never knew there was a nexus portal/spire for velious. I always thought it was silly they didn’t and hated having to always pay for a port to GD until the POK opened.

• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I know you can bug your char to go to POK now, but are the pok stones active? Can you use that to easily go anywhere?