Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Increasing the cap of stats does effectively nothing for casters. For Melee it gives them extra ATK from the strength. The dex also gives Rangers extra crit chance and ranged atk.

Oh, I get it. Is +20 to stats really a big deal in that era? Could always modify my idea to just leave the PoP AAs the same, like the Luclin AAs, rather than increasing stat caps. I mainly care about the later ranks and how completely useless they are.

Eventually but no announcement or even speculation dates. Aradune/Rizlona havent even hit PoP yet.

Yeah, it feels like this year they're going to skip new TLPs, maybe. Or release them much later than usual. I guess last year we got them in late May so that could happen this year too. I'd be alright with taking a year off and launching something big early next year. Phinny is winding down by mid-summer and I was looking forward to taking a break for a while. That's just me though.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've seen some speculation the new TLP may be later summer.

Just in time for TBC classic launch!

Wouldnt surprise me DB is pretty retarded when it comes to release times lately. They should have released another one in march, people were still in lock down and people getting stimulus money.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Planes of Power + Ykesha + LDoN needs to not take five fucking months to get through. These things would have better longevity and more people would go further in to the expansions if the timeline was more reasonable.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
They probably "had" to wait until Phinigel/Selo were merged into Povar (live) so that those servers could be recycled into this year's TLP(s). My guesstimate is early July with an announcement in late May.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Announcing a new server before your current one is even in PoP is always a pretty big death blow. Would of been dumb to launch one this quickly.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
This year will be interesting if new ownership does something cool. If we see another clone we know help isn't coming

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why? Why would they "fix" something thats working just fine. In this very thread multiple people are asking when the next TLPs launch. Everyone is just stuck in the cycle of rerolling. This Darkpaw's bread and butter. Why would they even have the slightest reason to change that up?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I need something new this time. Something wacky would make me feel better about wasting a month or two of my precious ever dwindling time.

It will probably be mundane though, and I'll probably play anyway. Dammit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd like to see more gimmick/event type servers but on this one I don't expect to get anything other than a traditional ruleset and a release date slightly ahead of the TBC pre-patch date. If it goes live while everyone is leveling blood elves the numbers aren't going to get anywhere near Aradune levels.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need a server with no guilds or public channels. All grouping is done by in zone pug shit. No boxing. No ignore lists.

I won't play there but it would be perfect for most tlpers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Why? Why would they "fix" something thats working just fine. In this very thread multiple people are asking when the next TLPs launch. Everyone is just stuck in the cycle of rerolling. This Darkpaw's bread and butter. Why would they even have the slightest reason to change that up?

See shit like FF7 Remake and now D2 Remastered which both will make a fuck ton of money. If something similar were done with EQ it would also make millions. They'd be pretty fucking stupid not to do something of the sort.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
EQ remastered would be interesting

better class balance. Better UI. A character model and lighting/shadow engine revamp could make the game look way better.

to really hype marketing and draw new people I think they would need to do more than that though.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
At the end of the day eq raids would still be simplistic shit, combat would still mostly be afk auto attack etc.

not hating cause I play eq, but an engine overhaul wouldn’t draw new players at all.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sure, I'd agree an EQ remake could be profitable, even highly profitable. But this conversation isn't about an EQ remake. It is about special rulesets on TLPs. I try to stay within scope of a conversation and not reach for a tree that is unlikely to ever grow.

So to rephrase for clarity: Within the scope of TLPs we are unlikely to get anymore more than refreshes every "season" of what is known to work well. At the very best we will receive a small divergence every season now that they have seemingly settled on dual launches (EG Selo and Rizlona as divergences to Mangler and Aradune, respectively)

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't think the engine necessarily needs an overhaul but rather classic era class reworks and re-itemization and dungeon overhauls is what it needs. I also don't get why they haven't upscaled older graphics like you can do on eqemu servers with 4x HD textures which look a lot better.

TextureCalls.png

Uja0LSI.png

gDsc1aC.png

NYmEvNx.png

Bj0sjPc (1).jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
an EQ remake could be profitable, even highly profitable

I think we are playing vastly different games if you think that EQ1, remade, would be successful at all.

I play Aradune but this game, if it was refreshed from the ground up, would last MAYBE 3 months in mainstream circles.

A remake would require lots of money that would require a good amount of investment and thus require a steady inflow of cash.

Change makes peopel quit as well, so, you would have long term supporters that would quit over the most minute changes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users