Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
As an experiment, they should try a server where they release batches of expansions at a time.

On Launch, it's Classic, Kunark, & Velious.
6-8 months later, it's Luclin & POP.
And onward.

Opening up open world zones to ZEMs at random times would be great.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
As an experiment, they should try a server where they release batches of expansions at a time.

On Launch, it's Classic, Kunark, & Velious.
6-8 months later, it's Luclin & POP.
And onward.

Opening up open world zones to ZEMs at random times would be great.
Considering how fast people devour content it probably wouldny work well.

say you release classic kunark and velious. I guarantee week 1 of poop socking aow and vulak fall. Then 6 months before the next prog? That would be horrible.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya thats a bad idea from their business standpoint. Less subs and less cash shop. People will just zerg to Velious and quit after a month until PoP and skip Luclin.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah 6 months is way too long, even for mega casuals. People will gravitate towards the most lucrative content, leave the rest behind, and then be left with nothing to do except reroll.

Everyone has their "optimal ruleset" of how they could improve these things but those opinions are usually all over the place.

Personally, it would be classic+kunark launch. The gear disparity between these 2 expansions isnt very large and releasing kunark doesnt invalidate all classic content. I mean half of the kunark raid targets drop classic loot anyways.

The 1-50 leveling paths would now be a bit more variable. The 45-50 grind isnt limited to one efficient dungeon and oot goblins, which is probably the part I hate most about classic.

And then some form of combining pop, loy, and ldon. As for unlock timers, I find 2 months is sufficient with how they currently release them. If you are playing semi hardcore you will usually be full or near BIS at that point. If classic and kunark were opened together 2 may not be sufficient, but hard for me to really know without experiencing it.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want a new Selo's. Maybe two month expacs instead of one.

Or double loot instead of half lockouts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Something like double loot, two month unlocks feels like what you do at the end to squeeze out the last bit of money for a dying property. Aradune was/is popular enough that we're probably going to get another one of those.

edit - the free trade TLP people have been asking for I'd put in the same category. That would be bananas.

Last edited:

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Months 0-3 = Lvl cap 50 (Classic and Kunark minus KC/HS/Seb/Chardok/VP)
Months 4-5 = Lvl cap 60 (Classic and full Kunark)
Then just remaining regularly schedule

Adds some flavor to classic, by allowing iksars from the start and a more spread out leveling experience. Knock off 1 month of Kunark so that Velious grouping gets a tad more energy (there's some fun 40-55 leveling in Velious, aka not velks, that never really gets any attention.) I'd even go for another stagger end game content release for Velious (and even into Luclin) too but kinda gets squirrely at that point.

• 1Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
They literally can't do half the stuff listed in this thread. Like, they don't have the ability to. This is like asking to put modern parts into a Model T for some of these things. You can basically only control the flow of time locked expansions/instance lockouts/etc. They can't put Berserkers or Beast Lords in classic. They can't double loot (allegedly). They can't turn on/off zones that aren't level restricted to begin with.

Basically your hopes for a new and interesting TLP are crushed due to constrictions with their coding and the fact that "fun" doesn't mean long term and if it isn't long term it's not generating big kronos which is all they really, really care about.

Xevy

Log Wizard
FV style TLP's provide a myriad of potential ups and downs for DBG. On one side, everything being tradable means more normies buying Krono to buy plat or trade straight up for items they can't get themselves. On the downside it means shitlording and RMTing is ramped up 1000% because of this. So that means they'd require more customer service interaction which is EASILY one of their weak points right now. They'd basically have to say "Here's a tradable loot server, we aren't going to help you with CS. Don't get scammed and don't fuck up. Good luck." It'd probably be the wild fucking west with scammers/warpers and most normal players would end up quitting.

On normal TLP's you have people warping 12-36 people to nameds OW and blowing them up for 1krono items, so just imagine the potential for 40krono items and shit like halfling illusion mask that had 0 value and suddenly are worth $100.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they really missed the mark with Miragul by launching it sooo late in the game. Its too much new eq to learn right at launch and Truebox lol. Sadly the failure of that server likely killed any creative ideas even though that was fully on the fault of the devs.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
FV style TLP's provide a myriad of potential ups and downs for DBG. On one side, everything being tradable means more normies buying Krono to buy plat or trade straight up for items they can't get themselves. On the downside it means shitlording and RMTing is ramped up 1000% because of this. So that means they'd require more customer service interaction which is EASILY one of their weak points right now. They'd basically have to say "Here's a tradable loot server, we aren't going to help you with CS. Don't get scammed and don't fuck up. Good luck." It'd probably be the wild fucking west with scammers/warpers and most normal players would end up quitting.

On normal TLP's you have people warping 12-36 people to nameds OW and blowing them up for 1krono items, so just imagine the potential for 40krono items and shit like halfling illusion mask that had 0 value and suddenly are worth $100.
Ya i supposed with no cs it’d be a quick flop.

i like the idea on the paper without all the assholes spoiling it!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Ya when they launched Aradune and Rizlona, they basically said a FV TLP would never happen. That its too difficult to monitor.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
They literally can't do half the stuff listed in this thread. Like, they don't have the ability to. This is like asking to put modern parts into a Model T for some of these things. You can basically only control the flow of time locked expansions/instance lockouts/etc. They can't put Berserkers or Beast Lords in classic. They can't double loot (allegedly). They can't turn on/off zones that aren't level restricted to begin with.

Basically your hopes for a new and interesting TLP are crushed due to constrictions with their coding and the fact that "fun" doesn't mean long term and if it isn't long term it's not generating big kronos which is all they really, really care about.
I wonder how much of it is can't and how much is just them saying it is impossible so we stop asking. I think it is more likely that BST and BER are locked to an expansion and they could change that expansion but it would change it for everything so they can't for that reason rather than it really being impossible. I mean on Fippy didn't we still have out of era race class combos that have since been disabled?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea as long as the code builds anything is possible. Hell Secrets doesn't even need source code :D

I still love Yerm's idea of more expansions open but with level limits that go up every month. So raiders can try to take on kunark and luclin targets at level 50. And levelers have more places to go and catgirls and such.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yea as long as the code builds anything is possible. Hell Secrets doesn't even need source code :D

I still love Yerm's idea of more expansions open but with level limits that go up every month. So raiders can try to take on kunark and luclin targets at level 50. And levelers have more places to go and catgirls and such.
I play with reshade on my main PC and it makes things look way way better, reshade even has ray tracing now so I have to think the devs could do a much better job of that stuff with access to the actual engine instead of just post process effects without massive amounts of effort.

I don't buy the whole EQ is dying thing either, I bet subs have been stable for awhile, no one else is making this type of game so if you like this type of game and want to play an mmo that plays like TLP EQ then you have basically 0 options, even lots of the TLP guilds it is surprising how young the membership is, loads of people 30 and under.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
FV TLP sounds fine in a vacuum. But as soon as you add humans, to me it just goes into a nightmare. I can see so many things you already have to deal with just amplifying.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just imagine the drama and hurt feelings and etc that come with st and aow loot, being for every top end boss. Every item is a dollar sign. Everyone with a "my alt could use that" is now a problem for someone else. Many basic quests are now for sale, but by extension, many basic camps are suddenly monopolized. Fg and storms drops can be sold? That market will be SO toxic.

Then there's the whole gear issue. Wanna join in, catch up, or fuck around on an alt? No mercy, either shell out hundos or get called for sucking. People are already iffy about undergeared groupmates when it's reasonable to be; nobody is gonna so much as sniff in your direction after a couple expansions if you aren't decked out.

I would rather play on a no tradeable server than a fv one.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just imagine the drama and hurt feelings and etc that come with st and aow loot, being for every top end boss. Every item is a dollar sign. Everyone with a "my alt could use that" is now a problem for someone else. Many basic quests are now for sale, but by extension, many basic camps are suddenly monopolized. Fg and storms drops can be sold? That market will be SO toxic.

Then there's the whole gear issue. Wanna join in, catch up, or fuck around on an alt? No mercy, either shell out hundos or get called for sucking. People are already iffy about undergeared groupmates when it's reasonable to be; nobody is gonna so much as sniff in your direction after a couple expansions if you aren't decked out.

I would rather play on a no tradeable server than a fv one.
I had no idea that it was THAT bad...