Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Looks like another ban wave going out today.
Yeah, forgot to tell the new guys here:

Some DBG read this thread. This is probably a "look guys, we're doing it!" move.

But it's most likely some 7 days to make people feel better. It's not real.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine if they hit Flakk and the other DZ botters. That would be something.

I do wonder if this is all because of the forums being outraged or they actually are now taking issues with them? And if the latter, will they continue on the next tlp?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah, forgot to tell the new guys here:

Some DBG read this thread. This is probably a "look guys, we're doing it!" move.

But it's most likely some 7 days to make people feel better. It's not real.
Glad they do read it. I'm always down to help them anytime. Just don't bring me out to San Diego to live permanently there and we'll be mighty fine.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
a bunch of code shit only coders understands
Hey Secrets,

Question from a complete layman with this kinda stuff:

How much blood sweat and tears would it be for a small team of talented folks to reskin Everquest... say... Vanilla, Kunark and Velious from the ground up? I mean everything. Character models, mob models, weapon models, particle effects, landscapes... basically every graphical asset in game. Keep the quests, pathing, dungeon layouts, numbers (i.e. melee damage, mob hp, etc) and all the skeletal things that make EQ, EQ.

Similar to how people have modded Minecraft into kinda "HD" graphics.

Is a task like that not only possible, but quite in the scope of reality to bring it in line with, I dunno... maybe not in line like a high-end A class title like CyberPunk in 2021 LOL, but at least something to pull it out of the early 2000s graphics and into something closer to modern graphics. Kinda imagining Oblivion era graphics but in EQ, y'know?

That'd be amazing.

...but

I'm thinking (even as a layperson I think I know) that the biggest issue about EQ is polygon count (for lack of better words) right? Like EQ trees... I'm guessing you could get highres shit on them but they'd still look like shit just due to limited polygon counts, yes?

I'm just a big fan with bigger hopes I guess heh... probably should just count my blessings that P99 and EQEmu exists at all :)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When they did the AMA here, they laughed at doing a EQ remake. It's a legit no brainer move too, but all they want to do is milk the remaining players for all their worth.

Even if they did do the remake, I bet they would remake the character models off the abortion of the redone characters models instead of the OG ones.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I'd honestly just like to see it done just to see how it ends up. Either way, people would stfu about it finally.

yerm

It would need to be a new team working exclusively on it and built like a new game. It would be eq3. There is no reskinning the old engine; its either a tlp type remake or its a new game.

Which means they would need to see profit potential for a new everquest. Maybe a mobile port where you pay for your mana back and dungeons require passes and...

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Doop

Silver Squire
Someone who's rich, please just give like a big ol' chunk of your money to Gnawl, the chillest dude in the universe. Man is a god damn legend with what he has done already.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who is rich is not dumb enough to invest money into EQ.

hold_my_beer.jpg

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hardest part of running Everquest is not being corrupt.
So you're telling me, I can make my own currency and buy real world cash with it? Hoo boy.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not even sure how dumb some folks have to be to get banned. My accounts are all still fine. Weren't touched last time either. I've been extremely open about my MQ2 use. But I only use the watered down redguides version and don't do anything to make other players mad at me. Also I don't automate the bazaar or rmt. I buy my chulupas with money I earn like a normal human.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Idk who is taking harder copium hits, the "remake EQ1 with new graphics" crowd or the ones campaigning for a new PvP server.

Mark my words this time next year Miragul will be merged into something.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Idk who is taking harder copium hits, the "remake EQ1 with new graphics" crowd or the ones campaigning for a new PvP server.

Mark my words this time next year Miragul will be merged into something.

Couldnt they just contact the 20 people who play on Miragul directly and offer like a $100 gift card or something and then just delete the server. Would save alot of time and money.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've looked into making new character models a little bit. I think the trickiest bit will be tricking the game into running a decent shader and getting information it will need plugged into it each frame (affecting light locations and types, velocity vector etc). The p99 people have made some strides on this and can always talk to them about it.

The file formats need reverse engineering as well, and the various limitations need to be discovered through experimentation. Like how many bone influences per vertex are allowed, and how armor / faces / stuff are changed. Making armor changes more than a texture swap could be tricksy.

As for the models themselves, vrchat has created a tremendous army of talented model makers. Now 99% of them make weeby big tiddy ladies, but plenty of creators can do anything you conceptualize. I'd guess around 3-6 grand per race / gender would get you something really nice with all the armor sets.

13x2x3000 == 78000 for the character combos, ouch. Then onward to monsters $$$ though monsters would be way cheaper.

I was thinking of just doing it myself but I am not even 10% as good as the good vrchat modelers.

Modernization of the maps would be far more difficult. The game really needs a more natural movement system, but without the sort of flat 2D movement where characters can run up super steep inclines maybe some maps would break?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Anyone who is rich is not dumb enough to invest money into EQ.
Is it really not a shocking coincidence that the billionaire guy in the movie Contact who funded Ellie's project to go through a wormhole to another alternate world is named Hadden?

Screen-Shot-2016-10-18-at-10.39.40-PM.png

hadden.jpg

C'mon now~

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm not even sure how dumb some folks have to be to get banned. My accounts are all still fine. Weren't touched last time either. I've been extremely open about my MQ2 use. But I only use the watered down redguides version and don't do anything to make other players mad at me. Also I don't automate the bazaar or rmt. I buy my chulupas with money I earn like a normal human.
Redguides shouldn't be offering an Aradune MQ2. Are they?