Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Vedette

<Donor>
Maybe they feel like it's deeper than just the AE groups. Again, I wasn't advocating that it's a good fix, I'm just saying it's not some shocking thing that they decided to nerf enchanters.

I agree with you on this. The bard AoE nerf was worse then this and I feel like for similar reasons. They have a history of keeping classes from being amazing at a different XP methods. Bards were one of the best group options, and also the best solo class when the nerf bat was swung their way. Enchanters are essentially for AoE groups and the best single target dps from charm all of which became mainstream on TLPs.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree with you on this. The bard AoE nerf was worse then this and I feel like for similar reasons. They have a history of keeping classes from being amazing at a different XP methods. Bards were one of the best group options, and also the best solo class when the nerf bat was swung their way. Enchanters are essentially for AoE groups and the best single target dps from charm all of which became mainstream on TLPs.

It's probably a pretty difficult thing to balance the two sides for DPG. There's basically two sides of the community on things like this and it's hard to make everyone happy. You have one side of people who despise the kind of "cheesy" ways of lvl/aa progression in terms of AE'ing, and even those who despise charm pet dps. They feel none of that should be in the game. Then you have the other side who only like to exp/aa this way and wouldn't do it any other way. Both sides playstyles and opinions effect each other in a dramatic way and I'm sure it's hard for DPG to decide which side they want to make happy and what kind of decisions could attempt to be reasonable for both sides.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Enchanter PBAoE stuns are ridiculous were well deserving of a nerf. Twenty years ago. What I don't understand is the general design philosophy that underpins the game. Are Everquest TLPs little time capsules where we run in and take advantage of all of the shit we know? Are they an evolving game experience? It's not like we have Path of Exile style leagues or seasons where before every TLP launch they move a bunch of shit around to make things fresh. Is Daypawdarkbreak just fucking sick of dealing with AE groups and their impact on gameplay, the economy and RMT?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the many gripes about enchanters are the same balance whines people made 20 years ago. Sony listened to these complaints. They nerfed charm hard mid-gates (many guilds couldnt do ikkinz trials at all afterwards) and institutionally weakened it as a mechanic for future (70+) expansions. So charm is powerful through mid-god content and then falls off, on tlps. Aoe stuns were left at a 55 cap and so are not useful past it; people used it to powerlevel but actual aa grinding moved on.

So many tlp gripes are basically just demanding omens of war. Everything they want is right there. But they won't actually play it. And I personally despise the 70s era, so naturally, I am completely hostile to people who refuse to actually play in the game design they ask for and instead ignorantly demand that earlier eq be made into some kind of pre omens. Fuck that and fuck them.

Put bluntly, if you think enchanters are op, just play the game past pop. Most of the int casters quit during the 70s and what crews survive tend to be piled high with tanks and physical dps like monk. If all the garbage balance of that era gets shoved into classic eq I fully expect to see an even more monk flooded shitshow there eventually too. Fuck that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just time AoE mezzes with your automated wizard's nukes, idiots!

They're just increasing their krono per boxer shitlord by 33.333%! Smart move imho!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Enchanter PBAoE stuns are ridiculous were well deserving of a nerf. Twenty years ago. What I don't understand is the general design philosophy that underpins the game. Are Everquest TLPs little time capsules where we run in and take advantage of all of the shit we know? Are they an evolving game experience? It's not like we have Path of Exile style leagues or seasons where before every TLP launch they move a bunch of shit around to make things fresh. Is Daypawdarkbreak just fucking sick of dealing with AE groups and their impact on gameplay, the economy and RMT?
Nah this type of gameplay is a big part of what made EQ a good game. EQ gameplay is just dogshit boring compared to modern MMOs when you're forced to play the standard Trinity groups Tank/Heal/DPS. Having different modes of XP fear kiting, charming, PBAEing ect is just good for the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder if increasing petition warfare led to this change. Very anecdotal, but on the forums/discord I feel like there had been an uptick in complaining about AE groups and also suggestions to stand in the pull, record the "train," then report as a way to combat it.

• 1Like

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah this type of gameplay is a big part of what made EQ a good game. EQ gameplay is just dogshit boring compared to modern MMOs when you're forced to play the standard Trinity groups Tank/Heal/DPS. Having different modes of XP fear kiting, charming, PBAEing ect is just good for the game.

I'm not arguing for any side. I'm just simply saying that both sides exist and it's stupid to not acknowledge that. I'm actually on the side that wants the AE stuff and fast ways of aa farming/exp'ing with little effort, but I'm not naïve enough to think that the other side doesn't exist and is equally or even more so prevalent than my side. This type of stuff may be a big part of what made EQ a good game for YOU or your friends, but it's not part of what made EQ a good game for everyone.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
TLP would be way better if this were the case.

For sure.

I still want an EQPlus where Classic gets a complete revamp. Redo class balance, take another run at all the items, redo the raid encounters, etc. but that is just never going to happen.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I'm not arguing for any side. I'm just simply saying that both sides exist and it's stupid to not acknowledge that. I'm actually on the side that wants the AE stuff and fast ways of aa farming/exp'ing with little effort, but I'm not naïve enough to think that the other side doesn't exist and is equally or even more so prevalent than my side. This type of stuff may be a big part of what made EQ a good game for YOU or your friends, but it's not part of what made EQ a good game for everyone.
I'm not saying the other side doesn't exist, i'm saying it's arguments are fucking stupid. Like if you can only do trinity groups why would anyone wanna engage in playing say a Zerker in EQ over a WoW Fury/Arms warrior or a Rogue in EQ vs a Rogue in WoW. EQ is boring, bland and outdated when it comes to trinity gameplay, it's just objectively bad if we are being honest.

What makes it worse is all the crybabies can literally just play on the Post OoW TLPs and/or live to play the version of EQ they're asking for yet they flood the early era TLPs and complain that they don't like that style of gameplay. Then each TLP the devs slowly chip away the things that make the early expansions unique.