Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who asked for this - seriously?

For $1 of DBC, you can port to a zone that is generally accessible from your origin point... what the absolute fuck.

Except on launch days. The PoK - PoT stone lags bad. It could take up to 45 mins to get out of PoK into PoT when the expansion launches. So that's why they made the port spells and this item. Make some extra cash 1 day a server and help out with lag.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
We (AoS) definitely tried to help EoE beat Time before OGC when we saw it was a possibility. I want to say it was Rathe Council they were struggling with so we sent a few groups of dps to join their raid and get them the win, we might have even lent them one of our Odyllic Vials afterwards. Then they proceeded to just... not finish.

As I recall the 2nd OW Bert cycle popped while we (AoS) were doing the OW RZTW cycle. Instead of being in CoD, OGC came out and sat in the arena while we were killing fake Rallos. We had to leave a skeleton crew behind to finish the Fake while the rest of the raid levi'ed down so we would be in a position to race on the real RZTW in the pit which we did end up winning. The adds were just unreal since neither guild wanted to kite and just burn the shit outta RZTW.

I liked the PoP race but holy fuck, fuck farming elemental minis for 3 months in a batphone guild.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
We (AoS) definitely tried to help EoE beat Time before OGC when we saw it was a possibility. I want to say it was Rathe Council they were struggling with so we sent a few groups of dps to join their raid and get them the win, we might have even lent them one of our Odyllic Vials afterwards. Then they proceeded to just... not finish.

As I recall the 2nd OW Bert cycle popped while we (AoS) were doing the OW RZTW cycle. Instead of being in CoD, OGC came out and sat in the arena while we were killing fake Rallos. We had to leave a skeleton crew behind to finish the Fake while the rest of the raid levi'ed down so we would be in a position to race on the real RZTW in the pit which we did end up winning. The adds were just unreal since neither guild wanted to kite and just burn the shit outta RZTW.

I liked the PoP race but holy fuck, fuck farming elemental minis for 3 months in a batphone guild.

I wish I'd played back then during all of this stuff, at least to have the experience. Didn't play Phinny until GoD. My favorite part of Phinny was probably TSS-TBS. During PoR, my guild Dragonbone Citadel merged with Cult of Chaos to form this new power-guild version of CoC. Both punched well above their weight on their own, doing a lot with smaller numbers. Combined, they had raid overflow and a lot of top-tier players. We came in at #3 for TSS, beat Frostcrypt a shade after the top two and Ashengate a couple days after. I don't think CoC leadership particularly wanted to step on anyone's toes, because we certainly could have gone harder time-wise on Ashengate than we did. Not saying we'd have won, but we could have done it sooner than two days if we had done it batphone-style. The competition for open world mobs in Direwind was crazy and involved a bunch of guilds after AoS/OGC finished their flags.

After that strong #3 we went into TBS with the same kind of goal in mind and pulled it off a second time. However this time it was very narrow with EoE. We both got to Solteris at the same time. I believe EoE was actually ahead by the time we reached Event 6 or so, but then like you mentioned, they just proceeded to...not finish. CoC got their #3 on that one too.

Then for whatever reason in SoF, CoC stopped being competitive, so that power-alliance to end Hulkamania only lasted two expansions. After we came in at like #6 or something for SoF due to a variety of preventable and irritating factors, the majority of the Dragonbone Citadel people jumped ship on CoC to join OGC and make them even stronger, and that was the end of CoC as a competitive entity. It chugged along for a couple more expansions, but it really did lose half its core DPS.

In any case, TSS and TBS were so much fun, essentially competing to be #1 among the rest of the server besides the top two. Competition was stiff from EoE and Entendre in particular as I recall.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
OGC never even made an attempt to go for OW bert after our bert DZ crashed. We literally just waited for GM's to reset our Bert DZ lockout. Since AoS had corpse banked 18 toons to 65 and got an advantage on levels, we knew that if we went for OW bert AoS would just go there and contest, auto winning with the level advantage. AoS let EoE have that OW bert to try and get them ahead of OGC. If you remember, AoS even worked with EoE on velious launch and had sort of an understanding with each other. Also Entendre was the fifth guild in to the elementals, so dunno where them being the first guild to zone in to an EP comes from.

Entendre was the first guild into Fire. They took a different early flagging route that allows you to go to Plane of Fire quickly. They thought levels and gear were gonna be necessary to beat Time so they wanted to start farming Fire ASAP. AoS gave them some Obamaflags because they used their first Fennin kill to flag alts for Fire rather then their main raid for Time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can see the idea behind the potion (also dollars) but it may make Plane of Tranquility the lag fuck zone. If there has to be a shit zone it would be much better for that to be Knowledge than the zone connected to the entire expansion's raiding. Tranquility crashing or generally being unusable is going to really, really blow. Start up an instance, get fucked, try again in four days, that kind of thing.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
My favorite part is they are offering bundles of like 30 of them for $25. The sad part is I bet at least 1 person buys it.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The only race on Aradune is EQBaby vs some entry on an obscure website that most people will never visit.

Every other guild just wants to get into PoTime in a timely fashion for that loot pinata, but I guess there is also some recruitment value in having a higher position on the progress site for people that want to join a good DZ guild. The people who want to be in the #1 guild will gravitate to TEB regardless.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Real question is will EQ Baby do all 14 LDoNs when it releases to get the 100% completion category or will they be soft bitches too scared to do Spider's Den and the Palace Grounds?

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Real question is will EQ Baby do all 14 LDoNs when it releases to get the 100% completion category or will they be soft bitches too scared to do Spider's Den and the Palace Grounds?
We both know their is 15 LDoNs and the expansion remains unbeaten.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider

Aside from the fact that spider den is bugged .. it's necessary for some classes that wanna min/max atk due to the hstr boots (monk, rog, ranger). Well, at least on Agnarr. On a server like Aradune I'd prolly just skip it because I'd replace the gear in a few months when GOD is released.

It's dumb how many random things DBG fixes but there's an LDON raid that's totally broken and has been that way for many TLPs as far as I've heard and they don't fix it

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone win that firiona bust? Or did some autist use 50k emails addresses to enter and now they have to double check them all with real eyeballs.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Well if there weren't any undiscovered dungeons left it would just be Dungeons of Norrath and that would clash with Dragons of Norrath.
xD

No but for real their is a 3rd MM raid for 2 groups that's level capped that to my knowledge nobody has ever done. Allah doesn't really have any info on. I found it on Phinny and tried to get people, including Bobby to do the raid with me on both Phinny and Selo but nobody wanted to do it.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
xD

No but for real their is a 3rd MM raid for 2 groups that's level capped that to my knowledge nobody has ever done. Allah doesn't really have any info on. I found it on Phinny and tried to get people, including Bobby to do the raid with me on both Phinny and Selo but nobody wanted to do it.
Funny story...

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Funny story...
Bobby i literally told you about the MM one on Selo weeks before LDoN came out. I remember joking about being the "world first guild" since to my knowledge nobody has ever done it. Unfortunately Toxn was the only one that was even slightly interested. You guy suggested that i do it with a bunch of boxes or FV or test and i said that didn't sound like fun. I even remember talking about how it got a potential remake in one of the Anniversary quests.

The Ro one i had no clue about.