Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ent

Golden Knight of the Realm
I joined during kunark.
Not really sure what that SS proves? So if i a guild goes for soemthing in OW at any point that means they automatically race and try hard on expansion launches?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to trigger you or whatever. You said you weren't sure if OGC competed in classic so I posted a log of us losing the first contested mob on Phinny.

i asked some of the OGC leadership that were there from launch. They responded saying there wasn't really ever a care of being first in Classic-Kunark, we were just trying to finish the expansion like any other guild and Velious we only cared about getting in to ST, which is basically my memory of things. The care for being first and attempts at racing launches didn't start until Luclin.

Whoever you talked to about it lied to save face because of how bad we did. OGC wanted to compete from the get go. However, we realized about 3 days into launch that we didn't have enough competent people at the core to do so. Before the TL core from Ragefire merged (usurped?) with Cascade, OGC was the premier forum warrior open recruit guild.. They even had some of that TL core in their ranks before the Cascade->AoS change, because those dudes didn't think there would be a 'TL' on Phinny.

Not trying to pick a beef or whatever cause it's years old drama and I don't even fuck with TLPs anymore.. but we absolutely were planning on competing in Classic and Velious (I wasn't around for Kunark so I can't speak to that expac). We just weren't that good as a guild.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what’s going on here?

85FC5FFB-798B-4880-9877-C413E66ADE5F.png

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So looks like to me

• June 23 - Kunark Open
  • 2 Months - Velious Open
  • 3 Months - Luclin Open
  • 3 Months - Planes of Power Open

Could be 1 server or 2 server. The same thing happened when Mangler, Selo was announced, it had Rizlona and Bootstrudder (which was presumed to be an overflow servers which never happened).

If its 2 servers I really dont know what the ruleset would be considering they are the same release schedule. I cant imagine them doing another boxing server so soon. So I would assume one is a Truebox mangler style server with the other being something else if its not just a overflow server.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I see on the calendar it launches at the same time as PoP does for aradune/rizlona if they were starting classic with a 2 month unlock. june 23 for kunark.

Looking back at the calendar for aradune/rizlona, their launch date was never entered which correlates to 4/28/21.

may27th.png

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
You sure? They already took it out but coulda swore i saw it on my calendar as first wednesday in april. the 27th is a tuesday so it wouldn't be that day for sure

yea, maybe it was the 28th, but it was definitely the end of April. I had to count to make sure after I saw your post, it was 3 months worth of weeks even though it’s 2 months by month name.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Start in Kunark, 2 months 2 months 2 months 2 months is something closer to what I would like to see. I wish there was more effort to get people to experience the expansions after the Planes of Power.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea, maybe it was the 28th, but it was definitely the end of April. I had to count to make sure after I saw your post, it was 3 months worth of weeks even though it’s 2 months by month name.

no you're right, april 27th. my calendar reverted back to 2020 for some reason which is why i thought they took it out lol

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I see on the calendar it launches at the same time as PoP does for aradune/rizlona if they were starting classic with a 2 month unlock. june 23 for kunark.

Looking back at the calendar for aradune/rizlona, their launch date was never entered which correlates to 4/28/21.

Did not think about that. I looked back and there is no release message on the calendar for Aradune. So looks like it might be

• May 27 - Classic Open
  • June 23 - Kunark Open
  • 2 Months - Velious Open
  • 3 Months - Luclin Open
  • 3 Months - Planes of Power Open

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would they dare to drop a server the same day pop opens? That’s just asking for trouble... only a few days notice also seems bad for sales.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would they dare to drop a server the same day pop opens? That’s just asking for trouble... only a few days notice also seems bad for sales.

To also launch it with no/hardly any forewarning might help with their launch day issues?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's speculation that the WoW Burning Crusade prepatch is coming up fairly soon. Getting something out before people start leveling their space goats and blood elves probably makes sense I guess. Launching during the Burning Crusade prepatch or after TBC is just live can't be the right answer.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

DB has done some dumb things, but I think that may be too dumb for even them to do. Its possible they could do a 6 week classic but I am thinking a 2 week advance announcement is needed so the May 27th makes the most sense.