Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

The only new TLP I'd be drawn to would be 0 open world raid targets. DZ's locked to 42. Every guild would come down to how efficient they are. The shitters would have a much bigger impact on your raid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will say that one of the biggest drawbacks to the zerg guild is the administrative burden, which is absolutely crushed by skynet.

TEB exhibited the same pros and cons of most top OW guilds that came in TLPs past. Approximately as clean, motivated, probably more organized than any that I've been in. All of these guilds had a tail of bads, they need to. All the non-ow guilds cry about the zerg recruiting. All had cliques.

No matter how bad an engage or how many people were AFK, I don't think it was ever even possible to wipe prior to PoP. So I don't really get the talk about carrying the guild and parses and everything. A quarter or more of those 72 man raids were probably fully afk. Only real differentiator between TEBs times and other guilds times are probably 1 part planning (which always seemed quite good) and 1 part having enough people that could stay awake for 35 hours straight. There's definitely a huge disparity in skill between the top and bottom, but lets not pretend that skilled players or lackthereof is a driving force behind the guild's success in any material way up until now.

M&M on Mangler wiped to Vox with a full 72 man split more than one time. (not the same vox kill)

Coka

Golden Squire
That list is mad weird after the first 3 spots. Where's OGC, Faceless Conquest, EoE, Faceless Empire, etc etc etc?

It's more than likely the records were beaten by other guilds on TLPs but nobody really gives a fuck about them till Atabishi come along looking to claim some legitimacy for being a 'top' player.

I mean they actively tried to beat all the records and failed PoP... even with a strong guild.

I reckon one of the new TLP guilds will beat that PoP time though.

How are those "closed" and "Silent" bids? You know those that Kubat, Bishi and a few others could view in real time. lol

Really don't understand why Kubat lets Atabishi leech off his work either. I mean Kubat is the real MVP of that guild, let's be honest. He even fronted the Krono to get the show going.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel bad for some of you guys that have perpetually joined these mediocre guilds full of average at best players. I guess if you've never played surrounded by good players you just don't realize the potential that could be there? It's like arguments years ago about how people didn't charm in 2000 - yes they did - or how druids are bad or don't charm - bruh - we have a lot of folks used to mediocrity who think that's all there is.

That said, yeah, every guild has tons of dead weight regardless. The real efficiency usually just comes in the group game or off-hour splits.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone thinking there is this massive difference in "skill" in this game is delusional. Especially in a raid setting. I've seen people massively outplay others in a group sense, but in a raid? Who fucking cares. Its just a massive zerg of dmg, and you hope the mob dps doesnt spike where you have a gap in the heal chain. Thats literally the entire fucking game for multiple expansions on a TLP.
Knowledge and skill go and in hand.

There's a majority of players who don't understand mechanics. I'm not talking about tank and spank mechanics.

Pathing, aggro, mob ai, tricks to avoid certain things like rampage, being rooted, etc. That's where knowledge becomes skill, and it's definitely reflected in raids with small numbers.

If a group of 40 experienced, knowledgeable players goes against 72 complete shit, brain dead morons, I will bet that 40 man eats that 72 man alive in terms of effectiveness.

Yes, EQ is not a high IQ/apm game, nor are the mechanics hard, but there's a fine line for "skill"

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
but there's a fine line for "skill"
Normally its a finger or 2 fingers above the adams apple but these pro EQers have no such line.

75f657riug521.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Because we were doing PoTimeB, not exactly low level raids. 40 toon time raid. He's scared of competition.

Fragile Ego stuff when 40 ALTS do raids better than your full splits.
Oh, I was thinking the other Terris. Hah. But yeah, if alts, that's dumb.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone who thinks skill doesn't exist or matter in EQ needs to raid with someone like Sazzabi sometime. You'll change your mind night one. And if you don't you are so bad you are incapable of seeing skill when it is right in front of you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Everyone you talk to in Everquest are the best players it seems like. It's only those guys over there that are bad.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone you talk to in Everquest are the best players it seems like. It's only those guys over there that are bad.

Until you play with one of those guys like bling that are just wildly talented and you realize there's more you could milk from your characters if you're willing. It's not that everyone else is bad... it's that they're mediocre. Or just ignorant of their potential. Having a nec or dru charm with haste then handing it to the enc instead of using enc haste. Pulling with taunt to split an otherwise impossible pack, possibly using cloudies or a cos. These tricks are not hard at all and don't require skill, anyone could do it, but mostly people don't. A while ago most people didn't even try to charm at all for example.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone who thinks skill doesn't exist or matter in EQ needs to raid with someone like Sazzabi sometime. You'll change your mind night one. And if you don't you are so bad you are incapable of seeing skill when it is right in front of you.
Sazzabi is a God.

• 1Like