Everything Options

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold MARA put 18 strike 6/18 0.31 premium, will sell more if it dips a little more

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just sold the same MARA strike/exp put for 0.50. Premium almost doubled in just half an hour

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those who cannot play at Blazin Blazin levels this week I bought 500 shares of GNUS @ 1.89$ and then sold 2$ CC for the end of the week @ 0.10

Right now it's at 1.97$, if I get assigned I'll make 0.21$ per or 11.1%, if I do not get assigned I will make 0.10 or 5.2% for the week.

I can't remember if it was this thread of the investment general thread where I was telling folks I try to make around 2% a week and usually fall shy, but I was able to pull it off this week :)

And no I did not just pick this stock out of a hat. It is currently trading above all MAs after a low fall to the 200 and it's marching back up. My goal is to be assigned on this one, but if I am not assigned this week I would *not* continue the CC push on this guy. I will probably just limit sell for hopefully a small profit if it can keep it's line above my buy in.

Like our experts say, you can never predict the future, but all the markers look good for me!
1623182133793.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 4 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
For those who cannot play at Blazin Blazin levels this week I bought 500 shares of GNUS @ 1.89$ and then sold 2$ CC for the end of the week @ 0.10

Right now it's at 1.97$, if I get assigned I'll make 0.21$ per or 11.1%, if I do not get assigned I will make 0.10 or 5.2% for the week.

I can't remember if it was this thread of the investment general thread where I was telling folks I try to make around 2% a week and usually fall shy, but I was able to pull it off this week :)

And no I did not just pick this stock out of a hat. It is currently trading above all MAs after a low fall to the 200 and it's marching back up. My goal is to be assigned on this one, but if I am not assigned this week I would *not* continue the CC push on this guy. I will probably just limit sell for hopefully a small profit if it can keep it's line above my buy in.

Like our experts say, you can never predict the future, but all the markers look good for me!
View attachment 357428
Made over 1k today on covered call premiums for BB at 20 strike. Hoping it stays below on Fri so I can do it again. Wanna ride the wave.

• 2Tendies

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made over 1k today on covered call premiums for BB at 20 strike. Hoping it stays below on Fri so I can do it again. Wanna ride the wave.

I refuse to get burned by a meme stock again :) I hope you dont end up bagholding! You are a brave soul.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
100 shares in AMC at 38 dollars and 500 for BB at 14 dollars . Just gonna play with that.
Lol, I look at that post and think "that could buy 100 shares of AAPL".

This is why I love investing. No 1 right way to play.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So be fair AAPL wasn't single digits or low double digits a month ago either.
Nope it wasn't. I was just pointing out we all invest differently. I look at that 100 shares of AAPL as something I would buy and forget about for 20 years.

• 1Like
  • 1Diamond Hands

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
BTC back up, should be able to close out my MARA/CLSK puts today if it holds

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BTC back up, should be able to close out my MARA/CLSK puts today if it holds
For everyone who says crypto doesnt behave like equities, it really does. At least in terms of technical analysis. Bounced off the support level and will cruise back up to 36k-ish where it has short term overhead resistance. If it cracks that it should move back up to 40k and try to crack that resistance.

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
So I am still learning options, and the way this played out seemed awfully positive to me so I am interested to see what I am not considering.

I sold 3 puts on CLNE for 6/18 @ 10 for .86 and used the premium to buy a 7/16 call @ 16 for 2.6. It seems to me like worst case I put in a limit order and have a month for the call and 300 shares to rebound, otherwise I tied up 3k for 9 days for a gamble worth $260 which needs to beat an 8.6% return? I was probably smarter to just take the premium lol

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I am still learning options, and the way this played out seemed awfully positive to me so I am interested to see what I am not considering.

I sold 3 puts on CLNE for 6/18 @ 10 for .86 and used the premium to buy a 7/16 call @ 16 for 2.6. It seems to me like worst case I put in a limit order and have a month for the call and 300 shares to rebound, otherwise I tied up 3k for 9 days for a gamble worth $260 which needs to beat an 8.6% return? I was probably smarter to just take the premium lol
This should help clarify...

• 2Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Thanks as always Sanrith! I don't say thank you to the forum enough for the push to give all this a try. I am still learning the ropes but have had a pretty good return on options given I started with a modest sum.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks as always Sanrith! I don't say thank you to the forum enough for the push to give all this a try. I am still learning the ropes but have had a pretty good return on options given I started with a modest sum.
As always Blazin Blazin is the expert and Fogel Fogel trades them alot. For me, its about lower risk moves on high vol premiums. Its better to rack up lots of smaller wins and avoid taking the L because one bad L can crush returns. You can also go the flip side and trade low beta stocks with tiny vol premiums but they are much more predictable. Also, I cant stress enough if you are using Fidelity to use the option strategy tool and let it backtest the odds for you.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold covered call on FUBO @ 41 6/18 0.35 premium. The CC premiums here are pretty great right now, just got done closing my 6/11 32 strike with 0.90 premium already taking 1.20 off of my cost basis per share.

• 1Like