Everything Options

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A week or two ago I had bought an AAPL dec 17 160 call @ $1.60 and HD dec 17 410 call @ $3.15. These are up nicely.

I want to let these run as long as possible. From my limited TA abilities, it looks like AAPL has now broken out of an upward channel, reached all-time highs. So, I'm not sure how to project where my exit point might be.

For HD I'm projecting around $430-440 for early December. Looking at analyst predictions this doesn't seem too far fetched?
In my amateur opinion, once a company breaks into an all-time high it is really difficult to predict what it will do with any real certainty. The only advice I will give is be greedy, just dont be too greedy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rebought IWM calls Dec 20 237 strike. Lets see if we can get the repeat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1637691821639.png

Sold for 4.30

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm having a difficult time formulating a consistent strategy for when to cash out on a position. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to gauge when to exit a position based off of technical analysis -- where I think the stock price might move to. But as I discovered over the past couple of days, you can get hammered by the market in general rather than anything specific related to the stock itself.

Currently I have a call option for APPL and HD. The AAPL play is up 225% and the HD is 134%. I'm wondering if I'm being way too greedy holding onto these. These are both Dec 17 calls and I feel they'll go even higher if the market itself enters in the expected Santa Claus run for Dec.

Am I being stupid? What would the experienced traders here do?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm having a difficult time formulating a consistent strategy for when to cash out on a position. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to gauge when to exit a position based off of technical analysis -- where I think the stock price might move to. But as I discovered over the past couple of days, you can get hammered by the market in general rather than anything specific related to the stock itself.

Currently I have a call option for APPL and HD. The AAPL play is up 225% and the HD is 134%. I'm wondering if I'm being way too greedy holding onto these. These are both Dec 17 calls and I feel they'll go even higher if the market itself enters in the expected Santa Claus run for Dec.

I am somewhat risk averse. I would cash out, especially on the AAPL. These aren't tiny meme stocks that are highly volatile. HD has been on a tear for over a month. If you have multiple contracts maybe sell partials of each to cover your initial investment? If one contract each I would put that shit in the bank.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Just put a stop loss on them slightly below where they're at. If they drop a little you still get your 100-200%, otherwise if they continue to run you're golden. Short term calls take your quick 10-30%, longer term calls just keep raising your stop loss as they run.

Edit: You can also roll them up to a higher strike and/or later expiration, you get a net credit and they can continue to attempt to run on essentially house money.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good thing I sold those DWAC puts, its back up to 43, but I'll be buying some more if it gets near 45ish

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scaling profit
Good thing I sold those DWAC puts, its back up to 43, but I'll be buying some more if it gets near 45ish
It is moving in sympathy to BENE spac finding a target.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold my DKNG calls for 1.89, bought for 1.61. Lost it on some CHPT calls, still red on my IWM calls.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Bought some Dec 31 calls for Walgreens
WBA for 15 at 51 strike during the low today. Figure it'll go back up a bit by mid Dec and sell out.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bought some Dec 31 calls for Walgreens
WBA for 15 at 51 strike during the low today. Figure it'll go back up a bit by mid Dec and sell out.
I did a deep dive into WBA and CVS a while back and went CVS. I found it to be a stronger company. I'm not saying WBA is bad, I just preferred CVS. Might be worth looking at.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Up 10% already, still holding. This thing doesn't have much support, especially if it gets to under 46

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Buying puts has been so much better than buying calls lately

1638469371120.png

• 3Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users