Everything Sucks!

faille

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Everything Sucks!

Genre: Drama, Comedy

First aired: 2018-02-16

Creator: Ben York Jones, Michael Mohan

Cast: Patch Darragh, Peyton Kennedy, Jahi Di'Allo Winston, Rio Mangini, Sydney Sweeney, Quinn Liebling, Elijah Stevenson, Claudine Mboligikpelani Nako

Overview: It's 1996 in a town called Boring, Oregon, where high school misfits in the AV and drama clubs brave the ups and downs of teenage emotions in the VHS era.

faille

Molten Core Raider

It seems that after Stranger Things, Netflix has decided the nostalgia shows are a gold mine. This one is a fairly straight coming of age, teen show, and I'm pretty sure the target audience is probably the complete opposite to this boards, but I really enjoyed it. Mostly because it was set in the 90's and has a great sound track that took me back. The storyline itself, and actors started off pretty slow and it felt low budget but I soon found myself sucked in anyway.

faille

Molten Core Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
v5jI54voHfhtGzG5EoDOVBEtAC2.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Everything Sucks![/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-02-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In 1990s Oregon, members of a high school A/V club clash with the drama club.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

It seems that after Stranger Things, Netflix has decided the nostalgia shows are a gold mine. This one is a fairly straight coming of age, teen show, and I'm pretty sure the target audience is probably the complete opposite to this boards, but I really enjoyed it. Mostly because it was set in the 90's and has a great sound track that took me back. The storyline itself, and actors started off pretty slow and it felt low budget but I soon found myself sucked in anyway.
Watched two episodes. So much Oasis. I barfed.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Watched the trailer. This is right there for my age group as I went to high school in the late 90's. But I also wasn't a super nerd. Nothing in that trailer really reminded me of...anything.

I think part of the problem is that it'd be easier to just watch a coming of age movie from the actual 90's; something like The Virgin Suicides, or Can't Hardly Wait. Or if you want more artsy, Empire Records.

Edit: Went and downloaded The Virgin Suicides because I remember it leaving a huge impression on me as a teen...and it took place in the fucking 1970's. Oh well. The 90's were a shit era for being remarkable I guess.

Last edited:

faille

Molten Core Raider
Watched the trailer. This is right there for my age group as I went to high school in the late 90's. But I also wasn't a super nerd. Nothing in that trailer really reminded me of...anything.

I think part of the problem is that it'd be easier to just watch a coming of age movie from the actual 90's; something like The Virgin Suicides, or Can't Hardly Wait. Or if you want more artsy, Empire Records.
true. I'm not sure they really nailed the 90s visually. Quite often it looked more 80's or even 70's

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When I saw the trailer for this I thought "Hrmmm.... Netflix trying to remake Freaks and Geeks but make it bad?"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched the first episode. They went HARD on the cliches.

And yet, not a single fucking pair of JNCO's. Dislike.

Edit: Two episodes in and everything is SO heavy handed. Super zoom in on Surge? Check. Super zoom in on Discman? Check. Super zoom in on Jolt. Check. Random ass comment in 1996 about Pedro from The Real World? That shit didn't even make sense for the time period. For fucks sake, we get it though. Stranger Things was never this bad as far as I remember except for maybe the first 20 minutes of the 2nd season (which I complained about).

I'm also not entirely sure if they're going for the drama fags being the popular kids in school, but it sure seems like it. This obviously made by a bunch of drama geeks.

I'll probably give this two more episodes, but it's really missing the mark so far.

Last edited:
TV show information provided by The Movie Database