EVO 2013

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone going to be watching this. Hanging out in the MK channel right now. I expect to see tons of Kabal vs Kung Lao. Anyway, been out of the fighting scene for a while let me see if I have this straight.

MVC: ChrisG is the person to beat? Others may FChamp
SF4: I'm gonna say either Infiltration or his team mate (his name escapes me right now). Of course never count Daigo out?

Cybsled

Dammit, I thought that based on the thread title this was going to be about a remake or sequel to EVO on SNES. That game owned.

Goodsir_sl

shitlord
ChrisG is hands down the person to beat for MvC3. It'll be a large upset if he gets taken out. The same goes for Infiltration with SFIV and I'd say SFxT as well. Either way its going to be Hype
biggrin.png

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I'm hoping Justin takes MvC this year, I feel most people have ChrisG (Morrigan) and Champs (Dormmamu and Doom) shenanigans figured out by now. Rumor has it both of them have new characters they may be bringing out though, this might work against them.

SSF4 is a little harder to figure out, I'm sure theres going to be at least 3 Cammys in top 8. I'm really hoping Poongko makes top 8, he's enjoyable to watch but he definitely won't win it. If I had to pick someone I'd go Sako, I've been following him this year and his Evil Ryu and Ibuki are disgustingly good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Top 8 SF4:

Kazunoko
Daigo
Sako
Fuudo
Infiltration
Xian
Gamerbee

Unsure of the other 1.. im guessing maybe a cammy player, but theres so many good players
(Momochi, Mago, Tokido, Justin, PR Log, Xiaohai).. hard to say lol

Poongko might make it into top 8.. which i highly doubt, but even if he does.. in BO5 he has no chance against any of these guys

I want Kazunoko to win, or the beast to bring his victory back, but i don't really see it unless somebody can take out infiltration for him lol

Marvel.. who cares, Chris G will win

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sako! That's who I was trying to think of. That guy is a beast with Ibuki

Also, people might have ChrisG Morrigan figured out, it doesn't mean they will beat it. It takes a very specific team to even go against Morrigan/Doom shell and even then its very hard. If I had to say what would beat him it would be to play super stupid and be aggressive. A Zero team can knock her out pretty easily, but connecting with that first hit is what's hard since she has the best keep away in the game. Even if you do manage to somehow get through Morrigan you have to compete with his Doom, which is again one of the best in the scene right now. The question will be if he brings Magneto or Vergil.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The late night streaming is the best part of evo in the players lounge or whatever.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the link. Had been watching the Youtube off Shoryukens site.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
How many entrants do they get in these tournaments (like SF4)? Can just anybody enter and try to work their way through the draw?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah... you don't need seeding points to enter. You just have to start from round 1.

There are 4 Japanese players in Top 8... and only 1 American lol. Foreigners taking dat fight cash moneyz.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Those are the 4 Japanese 'Capcom fighting game gods'. Not sure if the 5th entered the tournament or not, but it makes for a good show at least.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, ok so these top guys truly prove they're the top guys by getting all the way through every year. That's what I was really wondering... that's pretty impressive.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
So what's the deal this year? Last year the thread was pretty active the folks with interest gone I guess? Moving discussion to the stupid ass comp. gaming subforum can't be the only reason.

On a side note close that shit down and bring FGC back to other games please.