EVO 2013

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I have been following it since the tourney started, not much to comment on yet.

Except for maybe pr rog knocking infiltration to losers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
SSFIV last night was more hype than Marvel tonight, didn't think it was going to be possible with asstale(isn't the right word, don't mean it so derogatory as that) as SSFIV has become. EVO really makes you appreciate just how global SSFIV is. Like every match for 3 hours was top tier vs. top tier. The rest of the world is catching up, or catching on, to UMvC now which is making it more interesting. Last night for Street Fighter was just incredible.

*edit: I used 'last night' a ton... really drunk

Forbin_sl

shitlord
Chris G was just knocked to losers by a no name.

I just tuned into Mahvel about 45 minutes ago and the matches have been amazing imo.

edit - lol and chris g is playing ami, phoneix, morrigan right now

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Chris G cracked, think that guy has emotional problems or something. Can't handle it.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Best moment for me so far was Infiltration knocking out Laugh in SF4. Was hard to watch and I felt bad for both of them afterwards. The fight was boring and awful but the "drama" of them meeting in losers at the cut to semis made for great... stream I guess? Updating the phrase "great tv" just sounds wrong haha. Can't imagine anything topping whoever eliminates Chris G when it hopefully happens though. I don't like watching him play but he just acts like such a piece of shit I can't help but hate him.

Hope Marlinpie takes 1st. When he is on point I just love watching him play. He does cheap shit but his combos are god damn impressive and crisp it's so great to watch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Need to get rid of the coaches on stage and phone notes. Maybe there is a way to allow one time out or something to consult for each individual, dunno. It needs some regulation to it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need to get rid of the coaches on stage and phone notes. Maybe there is a way to allow one time out or something to consult for each individual, dunno. It needs some regulation to it.
Why? Every professional sport allows coaching on the side lines, and notes? Are you serious? As long as they aren't taking an obscene amount of time there is no reason to ban that from the sport.

Also, SF4 was great. Two top contenders got knocked out to the loser brackets. One of the more notable matches was Infiltration (last years Champion in BOTH SFIV AND SFxT) by PR.Balrog. A great match as depicted below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw-m4x5jFyc

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm with you and have no problems with coaching or notes in a general sense, it should be allowed, but there needs to be some structure to it. There is cool meta to delaying hitting 'rematch' or dropping back to char select, etc... But dropping a match and having FChamp run on stage to rub your shoulders and whisper in your ear is different than coaching. If you want to "use a timeout" to consult a coach on the side or consult character notes, that is cool.

*edit: that shit, that PR Rog vs. Angelic match. Dude just sat there on Angelic's side rubbing his arm. wtf? Kick that guy off stage. That isn't even coaching or wtf ever you want to rationalize it. Guy literally sat there and massaged him during the breaks.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Entrants Numbers:
1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
4. Injustice - 582 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm with you and have no problems with coaching or notes in a general sense, it should be allowed, but there needs to be some structure to it. There is cool meta to delaying hitting 'rematch' or dropping back to char select, etc... But dropping a match and having FChamp run on stage to rub your shoulders and whisper in your ear is different than coaching. If you want to "use a timeout" to consult a coach on the side or consult character notes, that is cool.

*edit: that shit, that PR Rog vs. Angelic match. Dude just sat there on Angelic's side rubbing his arm. wtf? Kick that guy off stage. That isn't even coaching or wtf ever you want to rationalize it. Guy literally sat there and massaged him during the breaks.
I admit there wouldn't be any harm in giving them time limits between matches. And that thing with the arm rubbing was WTF worthy.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So what's the deal this year? Last year the thread was pretty active the folks with interest gone I guess? Moving discussion to the stupid ass comp. gaming subforum can't be the only reason.

On a side note close that shit down and bring FGC back to other games please.
Peoples interest is not gone, they are smashing last years viewership. On this forum maybe? I dont hardly come here anymore. Just once in a while.

Hell, Kind of Fighters finals just had 86k viewers and its the first game in the day.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
yeah, no! keep coaching i dont mind, it helps people adjust. Hell, even Golf has coaches next to them holding their clubs. lol

Chris G cracked, think that guy has emotional problems or something. Can't handle it.
How did he crack? he's still in top 8. dude's either won ever major or placed 2nd in all of them. He's rock solid. he's a douchebag, but i doubt its the "pressure" that got to him.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Saltybets has been a fun addition this year to my viewing enjoyment. Poongko cost me a ton. Never bet against that fucker.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Saltybets has been a fun addition this year to my viewing enjoyment. Poongko cost me a ton. Never bet against that fucker.
His play style is so wreckless, fun to watch, but he takes to many chances. If it backfires. he's done.

Melee just hit 90K viewers.

100K viewers. lol wow

125k viewers now

Jait

Molten Core Raider
And it looks like Wobbles run will come to an end. Never really watched this game before, pretty fun.

edit: Prediction: It'll hit 175-200 during MvC, and 250-300 during SFIV.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SFIV may end up airing too late to do 200+. That is what happened last year.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How did he crack? he's still in top 8. dude's either won ever major or placed 2nd in all of them. He's rock solid. he's a douchebag, but i doubt its the "pressure" that got to him.
Because I was responding in real time to the match after he dropped that one round. He looked really really dejected. Obviously we know he pulled it together and dominated, it was more like an IRC conversation (mostly with myself). Boy I was hammered last night, only take 10% of what I post seriously, if that much.