EVO 2013

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
So disappointed by Daigo, the guy skipped CEO and stuff to train on PS3, he made a fucking video to hype things up( gonna body everyone blabla) and he doesnt seems to care, ok Infiltration is still no sloutch(?) but damn I'm so disappointed...

And so happy for Xian, entertaining to watch and I really think he deserve it.

And about stream numbers, without taking niconico into account, I m a bit surprise Marvel didn't do that much better than smash, I guess there was a lot of fans in closet out here...

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I can see how what I said came off. It's not that I don't think he's good, it's that even though he IS good, few play him and it's hard to use him. So I didn't expect him to win.

It's kind of like Zero in MvC. Everyone knows how amazing and OP he really is, yet his tournament victory #'s (first place) are quite low. And I think of all the Zero players this year, only Flocker and Cloud really had full mastery of their teams to make it happen. S'why I didn't expect Zero to be in the #1 team this year (and I was wrong
smile.png
).
That comment wasn't directed specifically at you, but people act as if Gen is a low tier. He's just not a bad character.

I think Richard Nguyen has a top Zero in terms of execution, but he gets impatient and gets bopped. Also, I like how people say Morrigan is OP, but there's only 1 Morrigan player in Top 8, and only 3 in top 32. ChrisG is just a good player.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
So disappointed by Daigo, the guy skipped CEO and stuff to train on PS3, he made a fucking video to hype things up( gonna body everyone blabla) and he doesnt seems to care, ok Infiltration is still no sloutch(?) but damn I'm so disappointed...

And about stream numbers, without taking niconico into account, I m a bit surprise Marvel didn't do that much better than smash, I guess there was a lot of fans in closet out here...
Smash was just riding on the Evo hype. I remember looking at other big Smash tournaments, and they had terrible viewship.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
FGC is best GC. someone toss up a link if there's a salty suit running. Don't want it to be over yet : /.
One thing I missed Gootecks for. He organized some good Salty Suite money matches/high stakes. I hope someone takes the mantle so may we never see Gootecks again.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
One thing I missed Gootecks for. He organized some good Salty Suite money matches/high stakes. I hope someone takes the mantle so may we never see Gootecks again.
Honestly I missed whatever drama happened. What is the deal with Gootecks being gone and Mike Ross not being as... around I guess? I've seen people talking about Gootecks being a piece of shit but never picked up the reasoning. Excellent/Marvelous Adventures is what really got me interested in the scene.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly I missed whatever drama happened. What is the deal with Gootecks being gone and Mike Ross not being as... around I guess? I've seen people talking about Gootecks being a piece of shit but never picked up the reasoning. Excellent/Marvelous Adventures is what really got me interested in the scene.
It's the behind the scene shit that Gootecks do that makes him a piece of shit. Gootecks can't make dat fight money in the FGC, so he left and started DJing I guess. I think Mike Ross just got screwed over big time from the whole IPL debacle, and he's probably just trying to find what to do.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

what happens is all the FGC fans were watching, then when Smash comes on, Smash fans come on and add to the numbers. Gotta be kidding yourself if we think they are all for Smash. THen when Smash is over, the smash community more or less was out.

About Daigo. to get as far as he does with Ryu is something. Ryu gets really outclassed by Akuma. ya look at the match thinking what he could have done differently, and its pretty much nothing. Just hope infiltration screws up? Hopefully they bring up Ryu a bit more in Ultra.

Gen is sick, he's so hard to play. I love playing him, but the moves that Xian does all them 1 frame links, SOOO hard to do and to change stances in fluid motion like that and link them into combo's almost, So hard to do.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea Xian's Gen was absolutely amazing. Some might look at the fight and think he does too much damage and hit confirms with Super, but Xian was really controlling that match-up really well. Especially against arguably the best Akuma player in the world, which is a hard match-up to begin with.

Was also really impressed that Justin Wong got as far as he did with his team. No Vergil, no Doom, no Wesker, in fact no top tier character (I'd say Wolverine is Tier 2 since Ultimate). Brilliant playing by both parties and Flocker's Zero was absolutely amazing to watch and he deserved it hands down.

All in all it was a great EVO and now all I have to look forward to is Gods Garden, and SoCal/NoCal.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Justin was the only reason I enjoyed Marvel yesterday. I find the game just so absurd but Justin has really stuck to his guns for the most part with his Storm team. Why didn't he put Storm on point? She seemed to be able to handle Morrigan and Zero a lot easier than Wolverine did.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was ecstatic when Justin beat ChrisG'd spamming team and then disappointed that he had to deal with another spamming team -- Zero, lol. Was rooting for the underdog and sadly, did not happen the way I wanted.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Never watched fighting streams before, but watching Wong come back with Akuma through 3 heroes to push it to the second match was damn awesome.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Justin was the only reason I enjoyed Marvel yesterday. I find the game just so absurd but Justin has really stuck to his guns for the most part with his Storm team. Why didn't he put Storm on point? She seemed to be able to handle Morrigan and Zero a lot easier than Wolverine did.
If Wolverine touches Morrigan or Zero at the start, he wins. If he can't tag the other guy within the first 5 seconds, he brings in Storm as his backup plan.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
would be nice to see marvel get the same treatment that street fighter is getting with ultra.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capcom just doesn't care about umvc3 due to licensing costs. I'll be very surprised if it ever gets an update. You better hope for UMVC4 on the next gen consoles.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Capcom just doesn't care about umvc3 due to licensing costs. I'll be very surprised if it ever gets an update. You better hope for UMVC4 on the next gen consoles.
Yep they would have done it by now. They want Street Fighter to be their flag ship fighting game. Its like UMVC is some kinda joke with all the bullshit that goes on in them games. lol MVC seems like the Dan of the street fighter series.