Evolve - from makers of L4D

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The creators of Left 4 Dead have officially revealed the first information on their new project, Evolve.

Featured on the February cover of Game Informer, the Turtle Rock-developed game will be a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter heading to PS4, Xbox One and PC in autumn. An official teaser site has also gone live, though it's fairly sparse right now.

Left 4 Dead Creators Turtle Rock Unveil Evolve - IGN

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ve-768796.aspx

As it's only available for next-gen systems, Evolve is promising to offer a new kind of multiplayer experience. Clearly taking inspiration from its previous project, Evolve is a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter that will pit a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player controlled monster that increases in strength over a series of matches.

Each hunter features unique items and abilities, though the monster is far from defenceless, boasting colossal size and devastating attacks.

The key tenets of Evolve are supposedly variety and replayability supported through a mix of co-operative and competitive multiplayer elements. There's a four-vs.-one hunt mode mentioned that looks set to be revealed in Game Informer in the coming weeks.

The Evolve IP was snapped up by 2K Games in the THQ auction last year for a cool $10.8 million.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=2

rrr_img_56380.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Video makes it look better than what my Game Informer led me to believe but I can't see myself getting into this.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Site just getting slammed? Try signing up for Alpha, says this survey requires a password. Type something in, and says invalid password. Nothing else in on my screen though to tell me what would make it valid? lol
Very first sentence yo

Turtle Rock community manager Jess Damerst gave the password required, "happyhunting," along with a referral ID "JoinTheHunt" on Twitter

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's well hidden in the link, it's all the way down to the first sentence: "Turtle Rock community manager Jess Damerst gave the password required, "happyhunting," along with a referral ID "JoinTheHunt" on Twitter."

Edit: Fuck too late

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know if the Evolve team also made L4D2 or was it just the first one? Second game sucked in comparison...
From what I understand, they made L4D, during developement Valve bought them, released the game then when they closed the studio and invited them to join Valve, a bunch(most?) of the devs left to remake the same studio and work on other stuff. As such I'd assume L4D2 was in fact not made by these guys. The videos they've released of this look pretty cool at least, I was never too much into L4D but I like the design of the classes and shit in this and the monster looks really fun to play too.