Exodus

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now that I know this game has an IV in it directly from the man that made ME 1, and SW:TOR - I can see a lot of the influence in Space etc. inside this video.

Read today on reddit that the "Founder's Program" which is just email only, will send out random invites for a pre-alpha build sometime early next year (the Founder's Program sign ups end in December). You also get an in-game cosmetic suit or something. The game is set to release in 2026, which is pretty far from now, though? When I first saw the video at the Game Awards, I didnt think much of it and the post I saw today built some hype for me when I read that "Archetype" - the company that is developing this - has a host of developers from the early Mass Effect games, and other leading studios that have since been taken over by "colorful" people.

About Archetype Archetype Entertainment is an Austin-based studio established in 2019 as a division of game developer and publisher Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro. Founded by veteran game creator James Ohlen, Archetype Entertainment is comprised of veteran developers from AAA RPG development studios including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, Blizzard and more. The studio is developing EXODUS, an epic new sci-fi roleplaying game (RPG) franchise.

Looks like a bunch of nerds to me - but Im down for Mass Efect 2.0 as long as they dont go overboard with the "the future is so diverse."
d_s_c01194-1701101826.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Now that I know this game has an IV in it directly from the man that made ME 1, and SW:TOR - I can see a lot of the influence in Space etc. inside this video.

Read today on reddit that the "Founder's Program" which is just email only, will send out random invites for a pre-alpha build sometime early next year (the Founder's Program sign ups end in December). You also get an in-game cosmetic suit or something. The game is set to release in 2026, which is pretty far from now, though? When I first saw the video at the Game Awards, I didnt think much of it and the post I saw today built some hype for me when I read that "Archetype" - the company that is developing this - has a host of developers from the early Mass Effect games, and other leading studios that have since been taken over by "colorful" people.

Looks like a bunch of nerds to me - but Im down for Mass Efect 2.0 as long as they dont go overboard with the "the future is so diverse."
IMG_3023.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Bunch of enthusiasts, no problem glasses, no green hair, promising team

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, that trailer got my attention. I would kill for a good space sim game again. X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and Privateer were a lifetime ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I will always be excited for space sim games.

The trailer kind of reminded me of a complaint I had with Starfield and a wish I had from Mass Effect.

In both Starfield and Mass Effect, the story occurred after a hugely interesting expansion of human civilization and in both cases a game that explored that would be mega fun. This appears the same where it shows the story of the heroine forging a new destiny for mankind.

In Mass Effect you explore an even grander story (The fight against the reapers) than the previous story (First Contact War) so it wasn't as big of a deal, although a First Contact war DLC or game would've been fun. Conversely, Starfield missed the ball entirely where you follow up a massive exploration of the stars with sorta fucking around with artifacts. Starfield's issues are fundamental and the team that made Starfield would never be able to really pull this off, but I wish they made a very procedural game that starts as soon as the Grav Drive is operational with the hero either being Victor Azia or his protoge or test pilot. Upon getting a useful Grav Drive, the player then pioneers the stars with human civilization in tow and their decisions drive how the galaxy is populated. The NG+ experience would then reset to the first time the Grav Drive is powered and the player could select different results, such that garden planets (Jemison, Akila etc) would generally have large cities, but could be controlled by different groups (United Cities, Freestar etc) based on how the player chose, or destroyed altogether. The player controls a unique ship that literally can't be made again that can warp to where other artifacts are, and can then manage the warp gates, having a massive impact on where everyone else goes.

Anyway, that's my Starfield "what could have been" fanfic. I hope whatever Exodus does for its plot is cool.

• 1Solidarity

Grez

Trakanon Raider

That grenade at 1:31. That is genius. That is the fucking future of grenades... and drones. I guess it's a drone grenade? A fucking amazing creative genius mind came up with that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will always be excited for space sim games.

The trailer kind of reminded me of a complaint I had with Starfield and a wish I had from Mass Effect.

In both Starfield and Mass Effect, the story occurred after a hugely interesting expansion of human civilization and in both cases a game that explored that would be mega fun. This appears the same where it shows the story of the heroine forging a new destiny for mankind.

In Mass Effect you explore an even grander story (The fight against the reapers) than the previous story (First Contact War) so it wasn't as big of a deal, although a First Contact war DLC or game would've been fun. Conversely, Starfield missed the ball entirely where you follow up a massive exploration of the stars with sorta fucking around with artifacts. Starfield's issues are fundamental and the team that made Starfield would never be able to really pull this off, but I wish they made a very procedural game that starts as soon as the Grav Drive is operational with the hero either being Victor Azia or his protoge or test pilot. Upon getting a useful Grav Drive, the player then pioneers the stars with human civilization in tow and their decisions drive how the galaxy is populated. The NG+ experience would then reset to the first time the Grav Drive is powered and the player could select different results, such that garden planets (Jemison, Akila etc) would generally have large cities, but could be controlled by different groups (United Cities, Freestar etc) based on how the player chose, or destroyed altogether. The player controls a unique ship that literally can't be made again that can warp to where other artifacts are, and can then manage the warp gates, having a massive impact on where everyone else goes.

Anyway, that's my Starfield "what could have been" fanfic. I hope whatever Exodus does for its plot is cool.
I feel* like I know what you're saying. The whole idea behind Stellaris and similar games is cool, but I want it to be much more of an RPG with a story. If they could replicate that same experience into an RPG, be less about the almighty emperor God controlling everything, and more of a Frontiersman - Im sold. Stellaris has these great little stories that you get to read about, but you never get to experience of course. Thats what I thought was great about Mass Effect, even in Andromeda.

As far as something like No Man's Sky - I cant quite put my finger on it, but it just never gave me the "feeling" of what early Mass Effect did. Its too.. Mine Craft / Roblox or something for me. Havent really seen anything else come out that I would put in the same league as Mass Effect.
That grenade at 1:31. That is genius. That is the fucking future of grenades... and drones. I guess it's a drone grenade? A fucking amazing creative genius mind came up with that.
Reminds me of a Sticky from Halo more than anything else. I actually liked the combat in ME 2 and ME 3, so if we can get more of that, with XCOM type of loadouts - oh buddy!

• 1Like