Extant [CBS] Halle Berry - July

Goatface

An astronaut (Berry) returns home from a year long solo mission in space. She tries to reconnect with her husband and son in their everyday life. Her experiences in space and home lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.

a more detailed synopsis
?After spending a year in space, where she lived and conducted strange experiments, astronaut Molly Watts (Halle Berry) tries to resume a normal life with her family consisting of her husband, John, a gifted scientist, and Ethan, their son, a boy like no other. He is not their biological son as Molly is infertile. Ethan was designed by his father as the first prototype of a future line of ?Humanichs?, ?human robots?. But the return of Molly will have dramatic consequences for the entire planet and the fate of mankind?? -

kudos

<Banned>
Ahhh... Halle Berry. The black actress you choose when you want to play it safe with an interracial couple.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Halle Berry doing a primetime TV show? Acting gigs must be hard to come by these days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i love halle and i will watch absolute shit movies just to see her. and no she is not black. she could pass for indian.

kudos

<Banned>
i love halle and i will watch absolute shit movies just to see her.and no she is not black. she could pass for indian.
iMfxpaR03F2UK.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, but network TV? I can understand HBO or even AMC/FX. But network? I guess Kevin Bacon has The Following. Network TV tends to be pretty bad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tv has robin williams, keifer sutherland, kevin bacon and even samuel jackson is making cameos on agents of shield.

kudos

<Banned>
To be fair that Robin Williams show is horrible and the Kevin Bacon show is going nowhere.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm going to have a seriously hard time suspending my disbelief that halle berry is intelligent enough to be an astronaut.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I liked the first episodes, it is just weird enough to not be "too" weird like The Leftovers, and Halle looks dam good in her spacestation outfit which is a plus!

spronk

FPS noob
watched both episodes, liked it. while halle berry is no tatiana maslany she is good enough for this show, and imo this show is better than orphan black (so far) because it dives right into scifi and shows a bunch of cool little near-future what ifs like driverless cars, paper thin cell phones, AI computers/robots, and a million other fun things. I have no idea how this can go on for more than a season or two but I guess we'll see.

Ratings were good for the first episode making it the most watched prime time episode last week, hope it continues. Season 1 will be 13 episodes long.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying the casual futurism in the show. It reminds me of watching Her where there are things that are obviously technologically superior to what we have now, but for the most part, they aren't shoving it in your face. It's just something these people use in their everyday life.

My only complaint (aside from Halle Berry's acting being a little stale in some scenes) is they need to bring together the space mystery and Small Wonder. Obviously there is a connection since Evil Asian Boss is overseeing both, but it sometimes feels like I'm watching two completely different shows. And, so far, I'm not finding the robochild stuff nearly as compelling as what happened on the space station.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It reminds me of watching Her where there are things that are obviously technologically superior to what we have now, but for the most part, they aren't shoving it in your face. It's just something these people use in their everyday life.
Her was pretty entertaining in that respect. The technological singularity is just quietly happening in the background while the guy mopes around feeling sorry for himself.

spronk

FPS noob
Pretty good so far, its nice to see the writers ramping up the story early. Sure some minor things that don't really make sense but overall I am enjoying it.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The robochild storyline is booboo compared to what happened when she was in space. Enjoying the show overall though.