Extant [CBS] Halle Berry - July

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Pretty awesome show... I just binged the first 6 episodes today.

I'm guessing the Asian boss is hoping for the child to somehow cure whatever is killing him?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In my opinion it's overall pretty bad though it got intersting casting with Halle Berry recovering her career since Catwoman, Goran Visnjic recovering his career from ER and that mustache guy from The West Wing and whatnot. Alas, I think Extant suffers from bad acting, loose script and generic direction.

There's a big secret ongoing, but it's charts best we mingle in some family drama with cyborg child and some mystery with that sneaky, behind-the-curtains asian boss who knows some shit. It's cheesy as fuck :"here's some snitch device you can conveniently remove in the toilet whenever you have to deal with some obscure shit, but please don't forget to bring oldschool electronics whenever your plot feels like it".

I don't know, maybe without the robot child and forced family drama this show would have been correct. But right now, it's mostly about Halle Berry's convenient haircuts. Come on, she acts like shit, their hair won't definitely do the trick.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's better than the strain.

that's about it.

too much robo kid, too much halle berry.

spronk

FPS noob
i like halle berry's skin, its like a delicious chocolate mocha gelato with a hint of almond. so smooooooooth

don't think the ratings are that great, CBS pulled airing the finale during premiere week and will air it a week earlier instead. so i wouldn't expect a second season, but at least season 1 will wrap up. probably with a cliff hanger
frown.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Extant's ratings have decreased, but it's still beating everything else in its timeslot and still the most watched scripted show for the night. It had5.6 million viewers this week, only being beat by Big Brother (6.6 million) and America's Got Talent (9.7 million). I think CBS just realizes that, while the show is decent for summer, it's not going to be able to compete in the fall.

Which sort of mirrors how I feel about the show. I watch it now largely because there's nothing else on. If this was on during the Fall, I probably would've tuned out a couple weeks ago. I guess my standards are lowered during the Summer. I feel the same way about Falling Skies and The Strain.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
The first couple of episodes I liked and thought this would be a good solid show but how things change. The plots are so laughable even my wife can't believe how shit this show is. If this doesn't get cancelled soon I will be amazed.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so it's bad? i stopped at eps 4
Stopped at Ep4 (or 5) too, I don't like Halle Berry, Goran Easterneuropovich is bland as hell and there's too much family stuff (robokid) for my tastes. Plot isn't interesting and space drama isn't going anywhere.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Halle Berry in Extant is probably one of the few times Ive noticed an actor of her caliber over-acting. How embarrassing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
halle berry is probably the single reason why there is not a single stand alone super heroine movie

spronk

FPS noob
i saw the whole season, it wasn't great but it wasn't helix/under the dome terrible either. On par with Falling Skies, Last Ship, Dominion, Defiance, etc. Maybe slightly worse than those. Finale really didn't do a whole lot, just mostly reset things back to status quo with a slightly upgraded Ethan and alienz still out there.

The Japanese Guy wasn't in the finale at all, maybe he was too busy filming season 2 of Helix or something.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was a decent enough show to pass through the lull of summer, but it's also another strong argument in favor of genre shows requiring a solid direction. The entire plot for this season could be summed up in a few sentences, the bulk of which would be "Molly looks for her baby." I'm not entirely surprised the audience dropped off as the season went along, because it became the type of show presented questions and then did everything it could to avoid answering them. What does surprise me is I didn't think the premise of the show was so flimsy that it'd require dragging their feet the entire season.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So this is back , Thoughts on the first couple episodes of Season 2?

Halle Berry got my jungle fever in full force

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Season 1 took a while to find its groove but it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. The show has been turned on its head in season 2. The Japanese CEO and his whole "search for the fountain of youth" storyline have disappeared. The writers used an unforeseen affair between the husband John and his lab assistant as a way to justify the guy's death. Julie, the lab assistant, has become an unethical government pawn (who I suspect played a role in John's death). Despite all the changes, I'm kind of liking the new direction. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a better love interest at least.