F1 2013 Season

Tral_sl

shitlord
Yeah it is nice, shame their driver lineup is much worse this time round. Or seems so anyway, maybe Hulk can find early season consistency and the new Mexican driver might not be just a pay driving fool.
Peter Sauber has such a great record of bringing in talent, I'm optimistic about Gutierrez.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
It's nice of Red Bull to change their livery to be even more hideous so newcomers to F1 can more easily identify who to hate, wtf is with that purple shit?

No cameras allowed was a crock of shit as well.

From the comments from multiple journo's etc I'm more confident this season that Jenson may be on a winner. The car will be built around him unless McLaren are even stupider than they sometimes act and the overall impressions of looking at bodyworks etc have McLaren adding good stuff to an already winning car. The only change that would be considered major to the rule book this year is them fucking around with the tyres yet again.

Almost anything but a continuation of the Vettelreich will do for me though tbh!

Empala_sl

shitlord
And Merc on fire...

rrr_img_12205.jpg

rrr_img_12205.jpg

Fazana_sl

shitlord
McLaren breaks down. HAHAHAHA.
Yeah the fuel pump failed, a Mercedes part which had been re-engineered over the winter after breaking down for Lewis when he was leading in Abu Dhabi. Good day for Mercedes all round
tongue.png
Since McLaren are paying for the buggers now I hope they get a discount!

5 hours in the pits and Button still ended up fastest for the day by 0.848 seconds but times are a little meaningless of course. I was amused to note just how far behind Mr Chilton was though
biggrin.png

tongue.png

biggrin.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Well Lewis got 15 laps in at least before quitting for the day. Strange place to park it though
tongue.png

Still no sign of Force India's #2 driver slot, apparently Senna has signed for Endurance racing this season so fuck knows who it's going to be. A late entry for DJ Algers?

tongue.png

Empala_sl

shitlord
I think Hulk is kind of underrated. He performed very well in 2010 at Williams and pretty ok in 2012 for FI. I hope FI's new driver schools that arrogant twat Di Resta.

I really can't wait for Australia...

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Ferrari are getting desperado, they've lured Rory Byrne out of retirement at 69 years of age to work on next years car. He designed all seven of Schumacher's world title winning vehicles.

2.4 v8s to 1.6 v6s is quite the big jump to be fair but damn, not exactly a vote of confidence in their current lineup
biggrin.png

Tral_sl

shitlord
I'm gonna be so goddamn pissed if Karthikeyan gets the FI seat and drags that team to the back of the grid.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Two weeks to go!

Mercedes really put the cat amongst the pigeons with this weeks test, both Rosberg and Hamilton posting sensational laptimes. Anderson thinks its no fluke from studying the car and says they are a dark horse for the championship.

Sadly it sounds like Red Bull are still the team to beat, he thought they had the best downforce package over the winter testing season and Newey will no doubt still have multiple rule loopholes to work through during the season.

Obviously I'll still be rooting for Jenson but McLaren were just there or there abouts so far. Hopefully they were just sandbagging before Jenson roars into Melbourne and walks away with the first race, just like last year!

Empala_sl

shitlord
I changed allegiance to Mercedes now... Merc looks nice in testing, but testing is what it is... testing. If they have a great start to the year, they just need to keep up with the development race - something I'm not entirely convinced about that they can pull it off like RBR. Not to mention the reliability issues and gremlins on their 2012 cars.

Furthermore, glad that Sutil is back in a FI. Hopefully he will crush DIR - dude is overrated. Then there's all the rookies, I think Bottas will score some decent points for Williams.

Only 2 more weeks...

Silence_sl

shitlord
Yeah, one can't take anything away from testing pace other than testing pace. Same as every year.

Poor Schu, if MB managed to make a runner this year.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
So, the first race weekend is almost upon us. Prediction time!

Jenson to win 8 races on the way to his second championship, McLaren make a car perfect for him to drive and Perez does a Massa and helps getting in everyone else's way.

Alonso to be runner up, close enough to be heart broken at missing out again.

Vettel a distant third as the rule changes for qualifying mean he can't do his usual shit.

Marussia to whup Caterham in the battle of the bads.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
So, the first race weekend is almost upon us. Prediction time!

Jenson to win 8 races on the way to his second championship, McLaren make a car perfect for him to drive and Perez does a Massa and helps getting in everyone else's way.

Alonso to be runner up, close enough to be heart broken at missing out again.

Vettel a distant third as the rule changes for qualifying mean he can't do his usual shit.

Marussia to whup Caterham in the battle of the bads.
We'll know a lot more after one actual race, but based on testing and rules changes:

Alonso to win as Ferrarri start strong.
Vettel will come second as Adrian Newey works his voodoo.
McLaren to struggle with reliability and consistency in the first half of the season. Mercedes and Lotus will both be faster at the start of the season. The next three drivers will be any order of Button, Hamilton, Raikkonen, depending on how well the teams develop the cars as the season progresses.
Wildcard: Perez to outscore Button, if Button goes into sulk mode with the new car.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
McLaren, oh my >.<

Sutil shitting all over McResta in his first race back after 12 months away. Maybe the BBC (well, more specifically Coulthard) will finally STFU about him.

Please let quali tomorrow be competitive, I don't want Red Bull out there from the start of the season.

The best season preview I've read so far :http://sniffpetrol.com/2013-formula-1-preview/