F1 2013 Season

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Fix your weather convicts!

Apparently they are having no end of problems, part of the telemetry system isn't working so Charlie Whiting has no control over the DRS system! The drivers will be doing it themselves, I'm sure there will be no shenanigans... It also means they have no onboard visual displays showing the oncoming flags etc.

Good job Caterham, last two places and even managing to finish behind Max fucking Chilton!

figter2989_sl

shitlord
first race of the season is over and it wasnt all that bad. my bet is those three, vettel, alonso, and kimi, battle for the championship. hopefully vettel takes it all in the end

Empala_sl

shitlord
Gtfo this thread, Vettel-fan...

Great race, lots of sweet moments. I felt bad for McLaren, what a dog of a car they have this year. Merc looks ok, they have work to do, but a 5th place is not a bad start. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

I wasn't surprised by Sutil's place, this guy is so underrated.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Oh Jenson, what a shitbox they've given you
frown.png

Great drives from Kimi and Sutil. After a couple of laps I was worried the Vettelreich was going to march on as he had fucked off into a big lead again but once the first pit stops were over it was obvious it was a much more open race than it looked early doors.

"Webber wastes his great qualifying position" can be copy/pasta into almost every race
biggrin.png

frown.png

biggrin.png

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Oh Jenson, what a shitbox they've given you
frown.png
As the Guardian newspaper quipped: "Lewis Hamilton has recently acquired a dog and so, it seems, has Button"
wink.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the start of this season was much like last years with several drivers winning races, until one team manages to develop an edge over the others. I'm not convinced (yet) that the Lotus is really that far ahead, let's see if it manages the tyres as well on the curves of Malaysia next week.

frown.png

wink.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
There was a hilarious report out last night that revealed the reason McLaren were a lot faster at the first test was a part had been fitted incorrectly making the suspension lower than it should have been and only the flatness of the track at that test didn't highlight it sooner. If they had used the same fitting at Barcelona they'd have smashed the underside to pieces haha.

Until they worked out what had happened they were really scratching their heads as to where the speed had gone when the second testing session rolled around. Jesus, even the best funded teams make spectacular fuckups at times, the simple act of someone sticking a part in the wrong way round cost them an entire test sessions worth of data. They'd still be a mile behind anyway though atm.

Whoever made the decision to go for a 2013 developmental car when the 2014 car will also be built from scratch should be fired.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
What a fun weekend! I got all the bits in an odd order so watching the saturday stuff now. So far it is supernerd ted, and crofty and brundle just chatting about stuff, which is almost as fun as watching a race.

I wonder if they will remind the drivers to watch their language at every podium ceremony now, or just when Kimi wins.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
One day away from the start of the Malaysia weekend \o/

I laughed myself silly yesterday at Whitmarsh having to deny they were going to drag out the 2012 car to replace the current shitbox. The fact that had even been suggested shows just how far off the pace they are. Button says he doesn't think they will be close to competitive until they get to Barcelona, ouch >.<

Early meaningless thoughts have Alonso winning this weekend with Raikkonnen not far behind. Red Bull don't have the "race pace / tyre usage" to keep up their old Quali on Pole and blast away at the start strategy going completely yet but as ever I'm sure the Neweyrobot is hard at work on it.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
OK after second practice I am now becoming converted to the Lotus being genuinely fast this year. I'd still go for Vettel on pole because that's standard Red Bull tactics, but really it could be any one of Vettel, Alonso and Raikkonnen for the race, with Massa and Webber not far behind (I do feel sorry for Massa who has been looking genuinely fast; Ferrari just won't let him get ahead). The Mercs look a little too slow, and the McLarens not even top 10 and praying for rain.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
That was a damn good race, sucks that Mark got screwed over and he won't trust Vettel any more to follow team orders. This could actually be a good thing as it means Seb won't be able to expect Mark to just sit behind him and accept second any more following team orders, will lead to many interesting situations.

That said, the racing between them was pretty good until Mark decided to follow orders and keep his engine tuned down......would just love for the team debriefs to be televised.

Brilliant race. Alonso fucked up his front wing and then Ferrari fucked up by not pitting him, sweet. Vettel won in an amusing fashion and all the tears from webber fanbois are sweet, sweet nectar. Now if only Kimi didn't suck it would have been even better.

Too bad it's three weeks to next race.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I've heard it was Alonso who made the decision not to come in which suggests that his engineer who has the same tv pictures we do and could see it was hanging on by a single strut doesn't stand up to him enough. Or Alonso ignored an order to come in.

EDIT: Ferrari are now saying it was their call, strange as right after the race it was being said that it was Alonso's?!

Obviously I couldn't stand Vettel before today's race anyway but oh my, what a complete cunt. Not only does he take advantage of Webber turning down his engine and not going to defend himself because of the team orders he then issues the pussiest of apologies. I might have actually respected him a little if he showed some balls and said "Fuck all of you, I'm here to win" but nooooo. Hilariously earlier in the race he was caught on the radio whining to the team that they should order Mark out of the way as he was going too slowly. Webber then opened up a five second lead...

Fucking McLaren! *shakes fist* Jenson had a shot at a podium without that pitstop Laurel & Hardy session. Brawn has said Rosberg didn't have much more fuel than Lewis and Buttons pace in the dry had him keeping abreast with the higher up cars in 5th at the time and he had one less stop to make, if not a guaranteed podium it would have made the end interesting instead of the Mercedes procession with Britney crying over the radio.

Tral_sl

shitlord
Any motorsports trackers with an active SkyF1/BBC HD capper? RFM lost their HD guy, sucks waiting for shit quality scene caps.