F1 2013 Season

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I remember that, same race where Vettel drove into Webber in Turkey
biggrin.png

Not quite the same thing though as although you can hear Hamilton being told Jenson won't pass him, Jensons engineer had only told him that he needed to keep an eye on his fuel consumption and Jenson thought they could still race each other. It appears he was only told to back off (in code no doubt as don't forget this was before Todt had the Team Order ban rescinded) after Lewis had gone past him again the next lap.http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...ltons_dis.html

biggrin.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Farce India have signed a long term tech deal with Mercedes. They were already getting engines and I believe hydraulics but from next season they will be getting KERS and their gearboxes from them as well.

They are currently using McLaren's KERS and gearbox so the rumourmill of McLaren switching to Honda engines in 2015 is getting stronger by the day. If they told FI that from 2015 their stuff wouldn't fit to a Merc engine it would be a good reason for them to look elsewhere.

With Vodafone pulling their sponsorship at the end of the season I'm hoping in a year or two McLaren go back to the old school red and white livery if possible, I've never been a big fan of the current silver colour and with Merc having their own works team using silver as their main colour it's an ideal time to change back.

Tral_sl

shitlord
Telmex title sponsorshop might cause a weird color change. People on r/f1 were mocking up blue and silver.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Nice job Lewis, can Mercedes make it two wins in a row in China?

I only caught the last few minutes of Q3 (forgot to set my alarm >.<) so I don't know all the ins and outs, I noticed Webber and Perez failed to make Q3 and Vettel was down in 9th.

Webber running out of fuel due to mistake is comedy gold with all the retards going full out with the sabotage conspiracy theories
biggrin.png

Made a few bucks betting on Hamilton pole after P3
smile.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
What is wrong with me, I actually smiled when Alonso was stood on his car waving the Ferrari flag! He really has turned most people around on him.

Then again it's thanks to the actions of the Vettelreich, thank fuck he screwed up just before that final straight or his smug grin interview on the podium would have been the absolute worst.

Reasonably happy with 5th for Jenson, beat a Lotus and Ferrari on the track even if they are driven by oafs.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah, ignoring the Vettelreich and Kimi cruising around it was a great race. Perez and Button was fun except for when Perez ran into the back of him, whoops!

When Alonso's footage first popped up I was looking at it and thinking, somethings wrong there and it was pretty much same time as Brundle said something that it finally clicked, I shouldn't be able to see the car behind through the rear wing
biggrin.png

Three weeks to Europe and the first major upgrade packages, come on Mr Whitmarsh, get your troops working 24/7!

Tral_sl

shitlord
Surprisingly good race for Bahrain. Loved the Vettel/Alonso action at the beginning. Sad to see Rosberg struggle so much.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Surprisingly good race for Bahrain. Loved the Vettel/Alonso action at the beginning. Sad to see Rosberg struggle so much.
The Merc is terrible on the tyres. I think Rosberg suffered in Bahrain like Hamilton did in the previous two races by trying to keep up with the front runners when the car is heavy on fuel, and destroying the tyres in the process.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I was at the circuit of the americas (austin track) this past weekend for the motoGP festivities. I've always heard the commentators say of various tracks that tv doesn't do it justice. It is really true. Seeing turn 1 made me want to see ea rouge with my own eyeballs.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Not the most exciting of races but a very strong performance from Alonso and Ferrari all round. RBR will be concerned to be so far down the track from Ferrari and Lotus.

So sad that 8th and 9th is seen as decent for McLaren now, loved Eddie saying to Whitmarsh if he was a footy manager he'd have been sacked by now
biggrin.png

Did someone tell Mercedes in the winter you get extra points for pole?

biggrin.png