F1 2013 Season

Empala_sl

shitlord
What? Schumacher won the first 2 races on 94. San Marino was the 3rd race. That Williams was a piece of shit car, because they stripped it of the since 94 banned electronics.

If there hadn't of been the accident Senna would have likely won the world championship in '94 (he was already about 3 wins ahead iirc) and the Schummacher/Ferrari dominance wouldn't have come about as quickly as it did.
It was Schumacher 2 wins and Senna 2 retirements before san marino.

F1 fans can't even come to an agreement on who is the best driver driving currently. Hell, it's sometimes hard to even get a verdict between teammates because people will start coming up with all sorts of reasons about bad luck, driver favoritism etc. Trying to compare drivers of different eras is even more impossible.

For example not many would rate Button better than Hamilton but over the three seasons they were together Button outscored Hamilton in total points.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
What? Schumacher won the first 2 races on 94. San Marino was the 3rd race. That Williams was a piece of shit car, because they stripped it of the since 94 banned electronics.
I stand corrected, was going off an obviously failing memory but I still hold that had the accident not happened there would have been more of a fight for the Ferrari seat when Schumacher took it and that period of dominance would have likely not happened, whether he got the ride or not.

Also agree with trying to compare drivers across various eras, even if you just look at the difference in tech and regulations but I look more at how the drivers have gone when they have had shitty cars rather than awesome cars. Qualifying is also a good indicator as there is less issues with traffic and things outside the team/driver control to fuck them up.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Although your stat facts were wrong (Senna put the Williams on pole for the first three races but Schumacher won the first four races that season) by the end of the year he only beat Hill to the championship by a single point. You'd have to presume in that environment that Senna would have beaten him quite handily at that stage of both of their careers if Hill came that close.

Schumacher went to Ferrari in 96 and didn't win a title until 2000 when the Ferrarireich hit its stride and they peeled off five in a row. Wondering where Senna would have fit in (he'd have been what, 38 by 2000?) is a fascinating question indeed. Personally I think he'd have been long retired by then. He had been telling Sid how fed up he was with things for a while and the Barichello accident and soon after Ratzenberger death affected him badly.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
In the movie they seemed to make it pretty clear that Senna thought the Williams car was bad regardless of how fast it went in that it was nigh uncontrollable. Unfortunately for him that turned out to be the case.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
At that point it was a nightmare to drive the full distance but it was winning races by the 5th race of that season and won 5 of the last 6 Grand Prix including a crazy pole and win for Mansell in the last race of the season.

I'd forgotten that it was only Schumacher desperately driving into Hill as Hill was passing him in that final race that gave him the championship
smile.png

smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not a good race in prime time for a Sunday in the US. Vettel might as well have been out for a leisure drive.

Goatface

nbc sucks so hard. trying to make the race for 3rd on back...
wait till you see the outside camera view of Alonso about to overtake, oh my, he is so close....uh...that is Carmelo Anthony of the new york nicks.......

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Oh is that who he is, it amused me it even named him as they never do that and I forgot to google afterwards to find out who/what he does.

Fuck RBR for doing nothing but complain about the tyres for six races then conveniently STFU when they run away with a race win in Canada once they finally worked out how to use them.

At least they didn't show the Vettelreich march outside of lap 1 and the last two laps and concentrated on the stuff elsewhere, good run for Vergne with his highest ever finish and Lewis did pretty decently as well. I laughed at Alonso's post race comments about how it was nice to be able to race wheel to wheel with a driver he trusts and is intelligent enough to leave you space etc, implied fuck you to Perez and all
biggrin.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
And now I read a marshall was killed when he fell in front of the crane moving Gutierrez's car after the race finished and was run over
frown.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I read it was a corner worker and he dropped his radio and stopped to pick it up and then he was too low for the driver to see and got run over. Either way pretty crappy deal, at least it wasn't on TV.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Red Bull gonna Red Bull...http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2013...-traction.html

Traction control has been banned from Formula 1 for years now but anyone sitting by the hairpin turn in Montreal was well aware of Red Bull's superior traction out of corners. Vettel certainly smoked everyone off the line at the start and had gained a 2.5 second advantage on Lewis Hamilton by the end of the first lap. There is no doubt the RB9 is hooked up.
A sharp eyed reader of Autosprint noticed Webber's car was leaving the curious set of tire marks you see in the picture: It looks like traction control, it smells like traction control, it certainly sounded like traction control.
LxlVoc3.jpg

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah there's a lot of air in that noise.

But...

The noise is so sweetened and quieted etc on telly it won't make jack shit of difference to 99% of the audience, me included as I'll probably never go to an actual GP. The UK GP is priced waaay beyond the normal persons reach nowadays.

Hell I only read the other day that CVC get $700m a season in hosting rights for the 19 tracks. 19 as Monaco is the only one that doesn't pay a brass wazoo. No wonder ticket prices are on a never ending massive increase spiral.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ticket prices at Austin last year weren't that bad. It jsut adds up by the time you spend a few days at the track etc...but not something you have to be a millionaire to afford unless you want the VIP treatment.

Just looked it up for this year, 3 day pass with actual seats in a turn (not general admission) are $365 and up. Race day seats (not general admission) start at $305.

For $2400 you can get this which still doesn't seem all that bad considering it includes hotel and pretty good seats.

NCLUDES 3 NIGHTS AT THE SAN MARCOS EMBASSY SUITES CHECK-IN 11/15 CHECK-OUT 11/18 DAILY BREAKFAST - EVENING COCKTAIL RECEPTION EACH NIGHT - ROUNDTRIP AIRPORT TRANSFERS FROM AUSTIN OR SAN ANTONIO - TRACK TRANSFERS SATURDAY SUNDAY WITH TURN 15 CORNER GRANSTAND TICKETS TO BOTH DAYS - GIFT ITEMS TOUR HOST RATE IS BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ADDITIONAL NIGHTS UPON REQUEST

For $8,000 per person you can get a package in the grandstand for all 3 days, a rental of a local home that is 5,000 sq ft. on a couple acre "mini rach" with 2 cars provided for your use and catered meals etc....just to give you an example of top to bottom prices.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
There's a terrible spike in motorsport deaths atm, 10 minutes into the Le Mans yesterday one of the most experienced drivers outside of the top tier crashed and diedhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23014877

I watched the second Truth in 24 documentary by Audi last night, was even better than the first one with the ups and downs of a crazy raceday for them, can highly recommend them both if you've never seen them and have a passing interest in how they manage a 24 hour endurance race, Jason Statham narrates them both.

Truth in 24 I - 2008 Le Mans

Truth in 24 II - 2011 Le Mans

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Goodbye BadLuckMark Webber (that is his real name right?) and I hope you do something to fuck up Vettels 4th title on the way out
biggrin.png

Kimi to RBR seems to be the biggest rumour atm, Kimi is out of contract at the end of 2013 and Horner has admitted today he is an option. If he does they should be made to sell Toro Rosso as them being an alleged young drivers team will be exposed as the bullshit second team vote they have since turned into.