F1 2013 Season

Empala_sl

shitlord
Man one day you will look back and ask yourself why you did so much trash-writing about one of most successfullCARof F1.
Sure the races are boring as hell this season but dont blame the successful match up for not beeing such lazy fucks as the follow ups.
Fixed that for you bud.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah cause the car is so awesome Webber ranks on number 2 with the other teams (cars) not even worth mentioning. Right? RIGHT? uhmmm guessed so.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'm sure I've said this before but maybe it was on FoH.

Vettel is a great driver, no getting around that. Best driver on the grid? Not even close. Alonso and Hamilton are miles ahead of everyone else and I say that as an unashamed Jenson fanboy. Jenson is world class in damp/drying conditions and everything else he needs the car tuning just that little bit too much to be as good as Hamilton and Alonso. If Vettel ever leaves his Neweymobile behind and drives for someone else and shows he can still do it I'll have a lot more respect for him. Webber, as much as I like the guy, isn't really all that good sadly and I'm hoping Ricciardo gives the Vettelreich a lot more competition next year.

People boo him (and I find it hilarious how much it's getting to him, he cried about it before today in interviews and apparently moaned on the podium) because he's a whining cunt when he doesn't get his own way. His radio messages when shit isn't perfect make him sound awful and it's no wonder he ignored team orders earlier this year as it's obvious he's grown up with a massive sense of entitlement even by F1 standards.

This year is over, Alonso 53 behind and Lewis 88 behind has the 4th championship in a row in the bag. Keeping the hope that Newey misses a trick or two for next season.

Embarrassed to be a McLaren fan with how happy I felt earlier Jenson was able to keep 10th place over the line although it amuses me in retrospect I was more worried about fucking Perez banging into him than any of the others zooming into his rear view mirrors.

Shame Dougal trashed it on lap one, the thermal image camera they had on his car made for some great viewing during the practise sessions.

Empala_sl

shitlord
Yeah cause the car is so awesome Webber ranks on number 2 with the other teams (cars) not even worth mentioning. Right? RIGHT? uhmmm guessed so.
Please, don't be naive. RBR has the best package on the grid. Their car is just tremendously quick and reliable. They rarely make mistakes and the team/car is built around Vettel. His drives are pretty faultless but I find his racecraft a bit lacking (bar a few nice moves last year) and I'm afraid he's shit in a shit car.
Also, it's abundantly clear that the RB9 isstilloff-throttle blowing, albeit to a lesser extent than 2011. I could hear it very clearly in Spa.

My opinion of Vettel - as a driver - will not change until he gets a shit car and puts it places where it shouldn't be. That will convince me. Driving in what is CLEARLY the quickest car on the grid from pole to finish isn't impressive. Alonso and Hamilton are in that aspect, still better drivers, regardless of being a WDC title short or two.

2010 - Sheer luck, Webber and/or Alonso should've gotten that title, but ok, he can have that title.
2011 - Complete domination by RBR. Pole to finish. F1 should forget about 2011 and pretend it never happened. What an appalling season.
2012 - The only WDC title he rightfully deserves. McLaren just blew their chances by being idiots. Alonso put that car places it really didn't deserve.
2013 - Best package, yet again. Ferrari is too busy stroking egos instead of working on improving the car. Merc is just not there yet. McLaren (sorry Rockpounder) is just shit this year.

4th consecutive WDC title... It makes me cringe.

Dyvim

You are forgetting he won the 2008 Italy GB in a Torro Rosso, and its performance that year granted him the big RBR cockpit first place.
Im not denying the hungry heidi or whatever is incredibly fast again and thats thanks to Newey; but that car build around Vettel - maybe more than Ferrari around Alosnos butt- man cmon we dont need to kid ourself here.
A F1 pilots job is more than doing the GP stuff every 2nd weekend during seasons; its also to help building a fast car / modules and make plans that work and execute them properly.
That also part of being the fastest package.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
For what it's worth, the Toro Rosso he won that Grand Prix in basicallywasa Red Bull car. Their early 2008 car was a total shitbox and until RBR gave them their own car to use Pagenaud (sp? Think he is in Indycar now) was beating Vettel on average during that season. As soon as he had that car Vettel started showing the kind of performance he does now and made it very easy for them to promote him to the A team to replace the retiring Coulthard.

He has a very distinct driving style and it showed earlier last season that if the car isn't dialed in for him to the way he drives he doesn't blow the rest of the field away. Webber was matching him (might have even been ahead of him at the break?) during that part of the season but Newey gonna Newey and he came back from the break with what was practically a new car and bam, the Vettelreich was marching and he tonked it for most of the rest of the season.

The off throttle blowing is an interesting thing, the BBC tends to avoid controversy, especially as Coulthard is still pretty much a red Bull employee and very rarely gives them any on-air beef but occasionally Gary Anderson makes cryptic comments about the RBR and other websites are less shy in accusing them of all sorts of shit. You do wonder just how much money they are spending, they along with their Toro lapdogs have always voted against any kind of cost controls saying there is no way to stop teams hiding their true spending. How they can say that with a straight face I have nfc
biggrin.png

A great example is the race just gone, did you see their front wing? It was designed just for Monza and had 6 plates with 7 slotgaps (numbers might have been reversed but w/e) and then compare it to the McLaren one which kind of stuck out on the tv footage due to the bright orange paint. Theirs was a couple of plates seemingly hammered together and was a great example of how cost is no stopper when it comes to getting every last thousandth of a second per lap out of the car. Mercedes are just as bad, their wage bill alone for the 37 or so chief designers they have recruited must be astronomical!

Christ, that was a lot of words for the second time today. Sadly I probably enjoyed typing this blahblah more than watching the race earlier
tongue.png

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering at least, what, 25% have vag... It's still a lot of power. If you are into hairyItalian snatcheses.

Stumbling into a mind field hereabouts... But why the fuk do you hate Alonzo of all people? I still don't get it.
Nothing particular. Just many events over the years. Just a small sampling that comes straight to my mind:

2006 blames Renault for not wanting him to win championship because he is moving to McLaren.

Whole 2007. Alonso loses to rookie and completely loses it. For example blocks Hamilton in Hungary qualifying. Blackmails Dennis for #1 driver treatment etc.

Is involved in Singapore 2008 crashgate and calls it his best win ever later or some crap.

In 2012 keeps talking about how much Ferrari is slower than everyone else and how he is so amazingly good and extracts everything all the time from it. Even when he loses three tenths to Massa claims he did perfect lap and extracted maximum. Gives himself perfect 10 for the season even thou he regularly was slower than Massa late in the season and in Suzuka made a huge mistake at the start causing a retirement.

It's amazing to me how this douchebag has any non-Spanish fans and how some people gobble up his crap like it's ambrosia.

For what it's worth, the Toro Rosso he won that Grand Prix in basicallywasa Red Bull car. Their early 2008 car was a total shitbox and until RBR gave them their own car to use Pagenaud (sp? Think he is in Indycar now) was beating Vettel on average during that season. As soon as he had that car Vettel started showing the kind of performance he does now and made it very easy for them to promote him to the A team to replace the retiring Coulthard.
First I assume you mean Bourdais (who won Champ Car series 4x in a row before coming to F1).

Do you realize that the 2008 Red Bull finished 7th in the constructors championship and was a shit car? I might add that they never even won a race until Vettel did it in 2009. Toro Rosso finished 6th in the constructors with 39 points (Vettel 35 - Bourdais 4). Vettel actually outscored Red Bull's Webber and Coulthard put together (21 and 8 points).

So lets cap it. In a 6th/7th best car on the grid in his first full F1 season Vettel scored a win as the youngest race winner ever and achieved nine top-8s (point finishes) with five top-5s. And somehow people still claim that he hasn't driven a shitty car and put it where it doesn't belong? lol

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Some decent points in there to be fair, which I'd thank you not to do too often, arguing is much easier when you just sprout nonsense!

Bourdais, whoops
tongue.png

As for 2008, Massa was world champion for 20 seconds or so, that's how fucked up that season was
wink.png
Slightly more seriously, I contend that Alonso and Hamilton would and indeed do better in shittier cars than he has shown. He hasn't won a race from less than 4th on the grid (amusingly all of Webbers victories come from front row quallies iirc) although I'm sure the blind fans will point out that he rarely quallies lower than that anyway
smile.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
BBC is saying Kimi to Ferrari for 2014 is a done deal and will be announced in the next couple of days.

Presuming that will see the Hulkster joining Lotus and Massa either retiring or driving for a shitbox team next season.

Dyvim

I think Massa retiring is clear on the table, atm. Guess unless the top team of the season asks him to drive, he'll retire his old ass and enjoy a good life beyond racing.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I think Massa retiring is clear on the table, atm. Guess unless the top team of the season asks him to drive, he'll retire his old ass and enjoy a good life beyond racing.
He's definitely had one of the strangest careers in F1, ever. Aside from 2008, his career has been marked by mediocrity of epic proportions. How he managed to stay on at Ferrari has befuddled many insiders and virtually all outsiders.

If he's clueless, he'll try for a shit team next year.

If he has any grasp on his talents, he'll duck out of F1 and go for something else.