F1 2013 Season

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Massa basically said last night "Fuck team orders, I'm out for myself now!" I can only presume Alonso pissed himself laughing and wondered how much difference it might make.

Yeah I saw Smedley is off to Williams in a higher up tech position. It's not that surprising, the jokes about him remote controlling Massa's car ever since his accident would give him a leg up on the technical side! The crashes usually take place in a radio blindspot and Massa is actually in control
tongue.png

Massa to Lotus would be monstrously retarded even by Lotus' standards. If they choose anyone other than Hulk from the currently available driver list it would be a massive mistake.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Such a great start to the day "Alonso to McLaren next season!" I knew it was going to be the silly season bollocks but for a while I could believe. Sadly it's already been denied by everyone in Ferrari including the man himself
frown.png

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a great start to the day "Alonso to McLaren next season!" I knew it was going to be the silly season bollocks but for a while I could believe. Sadly it's already been denied by everyone in Ferrari including the man himself
frown.png
Perez must have been waiting by the fax machine for a while now, checking the connection, the paper, ink levels. Why you no send my signed contract, holmes? Although even Button seems to be non-committal beyond next season.

And yeah, Massa's gonna show us all this next 7 races. I kinda hope he does because it would be funny to see the fireworks (preceding those scheduled for next year) but we'll likely be disappointed.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Not sure whats going on with Button, as is fairly obvious im a shameless fanboy but his attitude yesterday was fucking awful. They have a lock on him for next year as a final year option on his current contract but maybe they don't want to sign him for 2015 which is what he wants. Can't blame him, Honda Powah! Really hope they change the livery back to the late 80s as well but with todays sponsors I suspect that's got no chance.

As this is a Sky race weekend I don't think I'm even going to bother pirating a feed and will just watch the highlights later on. There's fuck all overtaking in Singapore so the few that do happen (famous last words hopefully!) will be easier to watch instead of a scalextric type whirring round of the cars for 2 hours.

Vettel murdered the race. It was pretty boring except for the last half which was pretty interesting with the different tires and shit.

Also someone's jimmies seem to have gotten rustled on autosport forums

rrr_img_44306.jpg

Empala_sl

shitlord
That was retarded. RBR was laughing and celebrating while Webber was on fire. I really hope Newey has a brainfart next year so I can gloat when Vettel start whining over team radio.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
His nickname is BullshitBenson for a reason, he's the twat who tried peddling the Vettel to Ferrari in 2014 for most of last season don't forget.

What an awful finish for McLaren, 3rd and 5th on lap 53 or so and 8 laps later 7th (8th without Webber being on fire) and 20 full seconds behind 6th place
frown.png

Oh fuck you stewards for giving Mark a reprimand triggering a 10 place grid penalty next race.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was retarded. RBR was laughing and celebrating while Webber was on fire. I really hope Newey has a brainfart next year so I can gloat when Vettel start whining over team radio.
Yeah, that was brutal how they just seemed to ignore Webber going down in flames. How many errors/failures is that for him now in that identical car..?

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was kind of cool when Vettel was being bood, Brundle told them to stop and they did haha.

Season is kind of over though.
I thought it was odd that Horner didn't remind Vettel which race he'd won during the post-race radio chatter. First time I can remember him not reminding Vettel what he had just done.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that was brutal how they just seemed to ignore Webber going down in flames. How many errors/failures is that for him now in that identical car..?
Depends really, do you include the made-up problems where they tell Vettel to slow down because of a problwm with Xyz and he sets fastest lap next time round? They do that every couple of races or so, perhaps Bernie has asked them to do it to try and inject some fake drama into the result/foregone conclusion. If you count real problems, well his alternator has given up a couple of times! That's a Renault part though, not sure when he has suffered an actual RBR failure on his side of the garage.

I can see the fucker clean sweeping the rest of the races, Newey seems to have discovered how to sort the high downforce tracks now as well. The guys a fucking Terminator of F1 car design flaws >.<

Silence_sl

shitlord
If you count real problems, well his alternator has given up a couple of times! That's a Renault part though, not sure when he has suffered an actual RBR failure on his side of the garage.
[cliffclaven]RBR switched to McLaren sourced alternators for this season. Previous units were Magnetti Marelli units.[/cliffclaven]

Fazana_sl

shitlord
[cliffclaven]RBR switched to McLaren sourced alternators for this season. Previous units were Magnetti Marelli units.[/cliffclaven]
That's weird, I could have sworn Renault were getting the blame when his car conked out in Spain last year.

Lotus have finally admitted they are financially fucked, they still haven't actually signed the deal with Infinity and as of last week hadn't paid Kimi a penny of this seasons wages. Gee I wonder if that influenced his decision to leave when he asked them about their future prospects
smile.png

Silence_sl

shitlord
That's weird, I could have sworn Renault were getting the blame when his car conked out in Spain last year.

Lotus have finally admitted they are financially fucked, they still haven't actually signed the deal with Infinity and as of last week hadn't paid Kimi a penny of this seasons wages. Gee I wonder if that influenced his decision to leave when he asked them about their future prospects
smile.png
Renault got the blame because it was a spec alternator that they provided to all the teams that used their engines. RBR looks to have ordered a bespoke alternator from McLaren Electronics that could cope with the heat present in the tightly packaged RBR cars.