Facebook password

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dear Rerollers,

This is quite an unusual request that my cleaning lady asked me today. She suspects her daughter, at perfect 17, is in somewhat deep shit and wants to sniff through her facebook stuff because girls that age may or may not share their issues with their single mothers.

They use a shared computer and she logs out every time she's finished with FB, so the obvious course of action would be a keylogger. However, I have absolutely zero experience in that field, I'm just "the computer guy" of her customers, as I never got into the "haxing" thing.
Normally I'd like to keep it that way, but I know the mother to be a quite reasonable person and her daughter seems to be a bit of a dimwit, who took her fathers death from cancer at age 11 pretty hard, so there may actually be deep shit involved. I know the mother because our families were befriended when we still lived in the same village and her son was a close friend of mine during my youth, so this isn't just Consuela the illegal cleaning lady to me.

So if anyone could share their thoughts or suggestions, I'd be grateful

iannis

Musty Nester
THIS IS ILL ADVISED.

I assume drugs, because dating a 40 year old muslim negro wouldn't be something you are able to hide on facebook. But basically the mother wants to read her daughters diary.

All that said, it's got to be easier than downloading some steal ur goldz keylogger. Clear her cookies, set the default option to remember passwords (I don't know if you can do that without a popup, but you have to be able to somehow), wait 2 days, and then go spelunking through her daughters internet history.

If her daughter truly is dim like you say, I doubt she'll even be suspicious. "We got some malware and I had to clear the cookies".

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Kids these days ... I don't want to know
11162012225838.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
somewhat deep shit = probably broke up with her boyfriend and her mom wants more drama in her life by living vicariously through her daughter.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I bought a keylogger for a friend once who's wife was cheating on him. Look around for a reputable keylogger to be sure you're not downloading a trojan. You're going to have to tell the virus scanners to ignore it.

Also, post pics of this girl. 17 is legal here too, so I don't feel the least bit dirty for asking.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Oh man, this thread has the potential to become almost as entertaining (from the morally perverse point of view) as Johnny's GWBYH thread posts! If only Keg were still here, I'm sure he'd offer to "help".

Szlia

The answer to "I think my teenage daughter has problems" should not be "Let's hack her Facebook account to know what's up". It should probably be: 1) try to induce communication through innuendo (You know that you can tell me anything right?) 2) try to prompt communication directly (You seem a bit down/worried lately, is something wrong?) 3) Contact a parent of one of her close friend that might have a better relationship with their child and ask them if they know something and to ask their child if (s)he knows something. 4) Ask a family member that has better relationship with the daughter (uncle, aunt, cousin, whatever) to go trough step 1) and 2). 5) Same as 4) with any kind of teacher/coach/mentor she might have. 6) Realize you might be paranoid.

This post was brought to you by armchair parenting 101.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Omg somebody tell him how to do it.

The potential for this thread to deliver is off the charts

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Torrent a keylogger, install it, tell av to ignore it (if they even have one), and then keep us updated. I think the last logger I had let you have the logs saved locally to the computer or emailed to an address you setup.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best she gets is a suggestion for a software purchase, which I will then install in exchange of a free meal. Turns out what she wants to do is actually legal here, as it's her own private computer. I thought it wasn't.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do hardware keyloggers still do the trick with USB keyboards?

Let's get dangerous

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The answer to "I think my teenage daughter has problems" should not be "Let's hack her Facebook account to know what's up". It should probably be: 1) try to induce communication through innuendo (You know that you can tell me anything right?) 2) try to prompt communication directly (You seem a bit down/worried lately, is something wrong?) 3) Contact a parent of one of her close friend that might have a better relationship with their child and ask them if they know something and to ask their child if (s)he knows something. 4) Ask a family member that has better relationship with the daughter (uncle, aunt, cousin, whatever) to go trough step 1) and 2). 5) Same as 4) with any kind of teacher/coach/mentor she might have. 6) Realize you might be paranoid.

This post was brought to you by armchair parenting 101.
Too late now for this mother and daughter but we started our kids off by setting up their email and facbook for them. We said we will maintain their passwords for them and will be notified of any changes to them. This isn't so we can snoop all the time but because we care enough and are honest enough that we are up front about it. When you start off like that I don't think it's a bad thing. Once they have spent some time learning the ways of the internet I will no longer monitor but at age 12 in our internet world I think there needs to be some active monitoring. Worked out well enough for us so far.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You monitor the shit out of your kids internet stuff or they end up dead like that girl recently from bullying. Or them being the bully fucking with people. Fuck that.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The answer to "I think my teenage daughter has problems" should not be
For the record, how many teenage daughters do you have?

The best she gets is a suggestion for a software purchase, which I will then install in exchange of a free meal. Turns out what she wants to do is actually legal here, as it's her own private computer. I thought it wasn't.
I'll send you he one I bought if you promise to keep me updated with sordid details. In fact, the one I bought can email logs, so lets just set it up to email logs to a burner account we both have the password to.