Faceless - Recruiting for Selo Server

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Faceless
Selo TLP Server

Guild Discord: Discord Link

About Faceless:

Faceless is a long-time hardcore progression raiding guild, we’ve been active since the Fippy/Vulak era and have had the server top guild on Lockjaw and Agnarr—both of those guilds are still active to this day. We’ve often adopted a “speedrun” attitude for EQ that emphasizes trying to clear content as fast as possible.

On Selo we plan to aggressively complete all new content at server launch and for expansion launches, with a long-term goal of having a guild that will be able to complete all of the expansions and reach Live.

Launch:

Faceless typically goes into a new TLP with highly organized “static group” leveling, where you either make a set group to level to max level with, and push XP aggressively, or we help make one for you. In our experience this setup gets most of our guild to max level very quickly. If you want to basically “No Life” it at the launch of Selo then we want you in our guild. You will not find any guild that will organize or go at a launch of a new TLP with as much professionalism as Faceless.

Raiding:

Long term we plan to build raids around sustainability. We want to get lots of gear but also be prepared to keep going for 20+ months at a manageable pace. Due to the reduced instance lockout schedule, we plan to run a rotating instance raid schedule with raids happening throughout a typical week. We will have core raids around 8PM ET and later for instances to accommodate the majority of the U.S. playerbase, with many other raiding opportunities available as well.

Keep in mind during server launch and expansion launches we will basically raid as much as we possibly can until content is defeated.

Batphone:

We will batphone open-world raid targets at any hour of the day. This will be emphasized more in the beginning due to the fact this server will very quickly be moving into EQ’s eras where most raids are instanced-only.

Requirements:

• No RA requirements because we plan to raid very frequently so we are happy to have anyone who can contribute
  • Good attitude, willingness to take instruction and learn if you are not as familiar with the game

To join us, join our Discord server (Faceless Guild Discord) and ask to speak to an officer. If you want to contact one directly via Discord:

Sieger: sieger#8740
Onna: Onna#6769
Drexen: Drexen#0409

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
FAQ (work in progress)
I'm going to use this as an opportunity to address/answer some longstanding things I've seen out there about Faceless, on FoH I think we have a venue where I can do that since the poster base is a little less ridiculous than the official Everquest forums.

What is Faceless doing on Selo?
So we decided to go onto Selo primarily because we like the ruleset. Right now Ragefire(Lockjaw) Faceless is in DoDH, Agnarr Faceless is forever stuck in PoP. A lot of people across the Faceless guilds have always said they wanted to do some of the later expansions. We look at the ruleset as a super unique experience for EQ TLPers. For that reason something I'm stressing is that even though we're going to go as hardcore as anyone could ever want, we plan to structure the guild long term to avoid burnout, let people play "how they want", and get a lot of benefits. Our goal is to really go to Live since the server won't actually take crazy-long to get there.

Is this the Faceless vs Twisted Legion showdown server?
I think some people want it to be. I have a lot of friends from the TL side. I think it's not really a "showdown server" for a few reasons. For one, TL isn't coming to this server, as they've openly advertised they're doing a merged guild of multiple other TLP forces while we're just Faceless. It's also just the reality that in 5 months we'll be finishing up Omens of War on Selo and after that the game is really more about what you're doing internally in your guild. It's more like WoW "competition" at that point. That being said, I would say for launch expect our guild to go as hardcore as you've ever imagined at stuff and them to do the same, I think the first few months will be wild. But for me personally that's not why I'm on Selo and that's not what Faceless is "about", but I think it'll be fun and there will be a lot of action and forum crusades for everyone to join. TLDR: Faceless doesn't go anywhere to lose, but don't expect us to be obsessed with other guilds because that's not how we roll.

Is Faceless a no-lifer guild?
We will have a lot of no-lifers in our guild yes, and many have already signed up. That being said I've ran guilds for years in various venues (including the Agnarr guild) and EQ guilds really need a big core of quality players even if those players can't go no-life and make all the raids. That's why this guild has no RA requirement. The way we've usually structured Faceless guilds there's a lot you can get out with limited play time. If you want to no-life EQ, you'll get even more out of it loot wise. So basically the more you raid, the more loot you get, but you'll still have a lot of gearing and raiding opportunities as a more casual player.

Do I have to play for 30+ hours on server or expansion launches?
Faceless doesn't make you do anything. What we do is we build a guild around being able to have a big force that plays nonstop on launches. Right now we've already got a very large force (over 20 static groups and growing daily) already committed to no-lifing it to 60 and doing initial raids. If you want to be in a static of skilled/experienced players and fly to 60, this is the place for you.

But we also have a number of members who have told us they will miss the first weekend or the first week, or they will have low play time til later etc. We can 100% use these people in our guild.

I'll add to this FAQ over time--and am willing to engage with and answer questions that aren't obvious trolling.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Hey sieger. Looking forward to this one with you guys. Having done several TLPs with top guilds the leadership, culture, and performance of faceless was my favorite by far. I always felt valued as a member, and enjoyed the teamwork we always did as a guild, with undeniable results.

Much love to some of my phinny boys, but the RI crew from what I saw just didn’t cut the butter for me. we’ll see you out there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ghastlee

Lord Nagafen Raider
Me.

I need it.jpg

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
All those Michael jordans. Naw I’m done with eq.

New eq server?

6D33241D-1DEC-402C-B051-7FAC46FE35B5.gif

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zaide Zaide Bro. We both know Sieger is fatter than that.

Anyone who is on the fence about which racing guild to join they should consider the being a member of Faceless gets you early notification and updates of when I run my Open Plat raids. Last night I did the last one I'm doing on Agnarr and everyone earned about 3 Krono. That's 3 expansions of content for free on Selo for a single raid. These raids often fill up very fast so having early and often notification is really helpful. Just one more reason to choose Faceless for all of your Everquest addiction needs!