Faceless - Recruiting for Selo Server

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Zaide Zaide Bro. We both know Sieger is fatter than that.

Anyone who is on the fence about which racing guild to join they should consider the being a member of Faceless gets you early notification and updates of when I run my Open Plat raids. Last night I did the last one I'm doing on Agnarr and everyone earned about 3 Krono. That's 3 expansions of content for free on Selo for a single raid. These raids often fill up very fast so having early and often notification is really helpful. Just one more reason to choose Faceless for all of your Everquest addiction needs!
Okay now I’m sold to TLP again. I loved GDKP runs in WOLTK with some Drow guys on doom hammer on our alts. Was the most fair loot system ever. Now I can’t decide if it’s bard shaman cleric or enchanter time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zaide Zaide Bro. We both know Sieger is fatter than that.

Anyone who is on the fence about which racing guild to join they should consider the being a member of Faceless gets you early notification and updates of when I run my Open Plat raids. Last night I did the last one I'm doing on Agnarr and everyone earned about 3 Krono. That's 3 expansions of content for free on Selo for a single raid. These raids often fill up very fast so having early and often notification is really helpful. Just one more reason to choose Faceless for all of your Everquest addiction needs!
How do signups for that usually work? Have spots open for tank, heals, dps and then first come first serve? Any spots out of ordinarily hard to fill? Or so popular there's a back log for the whole thing?

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do signups for that usually work? Have spots open for tank, heals, dps and then first come first serve? Any spots out of ordinarily hard to fill? Or so popular there's a back log for the whole thing?

They're so popular that I often have to turn people away. For the most part its a first come first invited system. I start invites 30 minutes before raid start. This is handy because it gives me plenty of time to fill out my tracking spreadsheet accurately while making efficient groups. Often the raid is full at raid start.

Excidium Excidium Cleric. Always Cleric.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
They're so popular that I often have to turn people away. For the most part its a first come first invited system. I start invites 30 minutes before raid start. This is handy because it gives me plenty of time to fill out my tracking spreadsheet accurately while making efficient groups. Often the raid is full at raid start.

Excidium Excidium Cleric. Always Cleric.
My issue with cleric is I’m only playing a single character and cleric is boring but highly prized. I really don’t want to wait long for groups though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My issue with cleric is I’m only playing a single character and cleric is boring but highly prized. I really don’t want to wait long for groups though.

You rolling with us for server launch Excidium?

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
You rolling with us for server launch Excidium?
Yeah I am. I sadly got the itch. I am going to Europe for three weeks at the end of April. I just want to play any class that minimizes my LFG time since I don’t have the patience to do nothing for an hour when I want to play.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider

And minimize LFG time? Have to play a tank of some sort then.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So, theoretically, if I were considering making a major life mistake, what'd be the most desired tank?

SK are gods in the early game with Harm Touch etc. and the epic 2.0 is amazing. The class fantasy is A++ but having to play ShadowKITE in later expansions is… less appealing.

Paladins really come into their own after PoP, DPSing nearly as well (and even burning better) than Shadowknights while offering true raid utility and OP AF raid heals.

Warriors start out stupid waiting for procs but this server will quickly move into the era where discs reign supreme and the class is actually fun to play.

Theoretically, I'd be willing to box up a second utility/heal character (or for split raiding). Cleric, Shaman, melodyBard are in my wheelhouse.

I hate myself for saying it, but love the appeal of 1-month unlocks and 3 day raid lockouts. Level 70 and 80 content is a fun bridge when it isn't years old.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So, theoretically, if I were considering making a major life mistake, what'd be the most desired tank?

SK are gods in the early game with Harm Touch etc. and the epic 2.0 is amazing. The class fantasy is A++ but having to play ShadowKITE in later expansions is… less appealing.

Paladins really come into their own after PoP, DPSing nearly as well (and even burning better) than Shadowknights while offering true raid utility and OP AF raid heals.

Warriors start out stupid waiting for procs but this server will quickly move into the era where discs reign supreme and the class is actually fun to play.

Theoretically, I'd be willing to box up a second utility/heal character (or for split raiding). Cleric, Shaman, melodyBard are in my wheelhouse.

I hate myself for saying it, but love the appeal of 1-month unlocks and 3 day raid lockouts. Level 70 and 80 content is a fun bridge when it isn't years old.

It depends on what kind of tanking you want to do. If you're after big dick raid tanking then Warrior is the only real option for these eras.

If you are content to group tank and off tank then Paladin and SK are both awesome. SK+Shaman or SK+Cleric is crazy self-sufficient and powerful but there will be like 5000 SK's on the server. If you go Pally you'll stand out a lot more since the class is pretty rare.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's basically what I expected. Haven't ben part of the TLP game since Combine, but I've followed enough of it from afar. SK's start off strong but are 3rd string tanks by level 70 and don't recover until what, level 105 or 110? Given the speed of progression on this server, it'd be fun but Pally is the long-term answer.

Warrior is only good if there's a lack of them. Don't need to swing my big dick around.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly? We're going to always have a ton of Warriors and Shadowknights. No one plays Paladins and they're amazing. Great group tanks, AMAZING raid utility between ramp tanking, group healing, brells, no damage stun off tanking. And you get to be like one of a couple in the guild so you're not a nobody.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
That's what I wanted to hear. Theoretically. Maybe I won't make a horrible life decision and I'll stay out of this thread now…

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I hate EQ lol... i've been considering gaming retirement lately but it's hard to turn down the rush and feel of a new EQ server. I have a week off at the end of March too...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Will you guys have euro groups/raids?

Yeah, we'll raid around the clock while content remains open world. Then we'll complete instanced raids in a variety of time-zones to accommodate raiders around the globe.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate EQ lol... i've been considering gaming retirement lately but it's hard to turn down the rush and feel of a new EQ server. I have a week off at the end of March too...
"I Hate EQ" --> "Considering Gaming Retirement" --> "Hard to turn down the feel the rush of a new EQ server and have a week off at end of March"

Seek professional counseling help. You have a problem bro.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"I Hate EQ" --> "Considering Gaming Retirement" --> "Hard to turn down the feel the rush of a new EQ server and have a week off at end of March"

Lol.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Hasn't this been the story for most of us for 20 years now? lol This is really a celebration of our love/hate relationship with EQ more than an anniversary of their game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users