Factorio

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, just imagine some major publisher had released it at 60 bucks and it's been on a 50% sale ever since.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Then I would have already bought it.

here you go. just stare at the picture for 10 minutes to let it sink in, and then a quick buy
1 copy.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really depends. Factorio is now a complete game, Satisfactory is still under active development and is fairly open ended.

Factorio is a bit more complex and better replayability (IMO) as the maps are generated and there are some scenarios

Satisfactory maps are hand crafted, but it comes across a bit cleaner and simpler, not to say it's a super simple game either.

The research items/tiers in both games kind of lead you in the direction you need to go, so think they both do a decent job of progression in their own ways.

They both have mods... I'm not as familiar with those in Satisfactory, but with Factorio mods you can make the game exponentially more complex if you choose.

You can really go nuts w/ both of them. So depends what you want, they both scratch the same itch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
As someone who hasn't played Factorio in probably 2 years, what changes have they made to get this to release status? Anything in what I would call the "normal person" category? Don't know if I have it in me to work up to massive logic gated train systems again.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As someone who hasn't played Factorio in probably 2 years, what changes have they made to get this to release status? Anything in what I would call the "normal person" category? Don't know if I have it in me to work up to massive logic gated train systems again.
Much of the past year or so was spent on bug fixing, performance improvements, updating visuals, UI improvements, and improving the tutorial stuff.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's better for this type of game, Factorio or Satisfactory?

Factorio is great, but I personally go bored of it rather quickly.

I picked up Satisfactory this weekend as I enjoy the 3D aspect more. I like being able to build upwards, and have my conveyor belts go over/under each other.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade Hatorade and I started a game last night. Only content mod enabled is Krastorio. If you're interested in the address PM me.

What're the good mods for added complexity and game length? Last I played (3 years ago?) it was all the Bob's mods shit. Added all those green/red/blue microchips and shit, and fixed up fluids.

Also, what is "LTN" that makes trains better?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This does neither of those things but is my favorite mod.

Lets you build factories that have input/outputs externally with a relatively small footprint, then you go inside and build them out.

1597689148631.png

1597689225822.png

1597689255771.png

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
What're the good mods for added complexity and game length? Last I played (3 years ago?) it was all the Bob's mods shit. Added all those green/red/blue microchips and shit, and fixed up fluids.

Also, what is "LTN" that makes trains better?
LTN is Logistics Train Network, lets you request/provide goods. So you set up requester and provider stations, and it will figure out which trains to dispatch to/from each other.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Zisteau's recursion youtube series with this mod was insane.

Watched through this series to scratch my itch rather than sinking 50+ hours into a new factory, and its real cool watching him figure out how to do these massive throughputs. Now I'm starting his Sea Block series which is stupidly complicated and I'm kinda glad I can just watch a 20-30 min video instead of playing.

Unfortunately, I still have way too much Factorio on the brain, and I'm seeing conveyor belt messes when I close my eyes to sleep. Game is insidious!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watched through this series to scratch my itch rather than sinking 50+ hours into a new factory, and its real cool watching him figure out how to do these massive throughputs. Now I'm starting his Sea Block series which is stupidly complicated and I'm kinda glad I can just watch a 20-30 min video instead of playing.

Unfortunately, I still have way too much Factorio on the brain, and I'm seeing conveyor belt messes when I close my eyes to sleep. Game is insidious!
He's great for this type of stuff. The word "simple" doesn't compute for him. He's working on a megafactory in Satisfactory which he's been making videos for and streaming the work involved and it's quite the endeavour.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I just wanna say that factorio is a stupid game. I've been thinking about fucking splitters all day today. I wish I had a real addiction instead

• 1NPC

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Transport Drones is a great mod

Build your factory around giant city blocks with hundreds or thousands of drones transporting shit around

• 1Like