Faith No More are back, bitches!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Sing, and rejoice!

Seriously though, don't fuck this up guys
Well that is awesome news.

When I grew up Faith no more, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, GnR, Nine inch Nails, Rage against the machine and similar bands were the "mainstream" bands that were on the charts and radio. I have easily regressed into the state now of "wtf is this shit" that older people say against the new generation of music, because the mass produced music of today boggles my mind. Not even sure todays "artists" even know how to make music without the songwriters to write for them and sound studios to make the beats after studying youtubes/spotifys metadata.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Faith No More was never really a mainstream band. They had two songs that were played on the radio with any regularity and one of those was pre Mike Patton. It was a shame how under recognized they were at the time since Mike Patton is my own personal Jesus and Faith No More is one of my favorite bands of all time. If he announces more Mr. Bungle I'll cream my pants.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Trey Mike and Dunn have all said they aren't opposed to doing more Bungle, but I don't think Heifetz and B?r are in so its not going to be anytime soon. On topic tho, saw every FNM North America show on the second coming tour and just couldn't get enough, they still fucking kill it every show. Can't wait for more.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only concert I've been to (never been much of a concert guy) - still got the shirt from the tour with the same logo Miguex is using somewhere (ratty as hell though, in a box I've not touched in ages no doubt)

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got sent home in high school for wearing a Faith No More t-shirt that had the Star of David under the band name. Can't wait to hear what's coming. Apparently the first single will be called, "Motherfucker".

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Didn't realize there was so many FnM fans on this board. My favorite band of all time.

Saw them many, many times, but I think my favorite was 92 at the Palladium. Still stay up to watch their concerts on Youtube from time to time. The download festival being the first major one since the reunion, I was blown away at how good they sounded. Patton did Poker Face better than Gaga during the opening of Chinese Arithmetic. Last time I saw Patton was in San Fran for the New Years Eve Bungle concert with my future wife. My all time favorite concert. Still pissed at RHCP for all the bullshit they pulled getting Bungle removed from concerts to the point they basically had to go their separate ways.

Also as a testament to what a class act Patton is, Chuck Mosely came on to do a few songs at a concert a while back, and no one was smiling bigger or applauding louder than Patton.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
For me, FnM is a 'new' band, but one I really liked when they came out. I'm looking forward to hearing this new album. Does it come on 8-track?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Cryptic post on Bungles official twitter today. I think either Trevor or Greg Werckman run it. Dare we hope??

edit : they also updated a bunch of stuff on their other social media sites today
FE41EBEA-153A-4957-AB16-DDF506B48AD5.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'll light a pink cigarette tonight

• 1Like
Well that is awesome news.

When I grew up Faith no more, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, GnR, Nine inch Nails, Rage against the machine and similar bands were the "mainstream" bands that were on the charts and radio. I have easily regressed into the state now of "wtf is this shit" that older people say against the new generation of music, because the mass produced music of today boggles my mind. Not even sure todays "artists" even know how to make music without the songwriters to write for them and sound studios to make the beats after studying youtubes/spotifys metadata.

I am not so sure you are wrong. I am a bit older than you, I think, and the music you mentioned, it kicked ass and I understood what it was going for. This continued through the 90's.

Then something happened that made me totally lose interest. I do not think it was age. I think "pop music" just kind of radically changed. I think it might have something to do with not really having ... swing.

Could it be? Could the old song have been on the money all these years? Does it come down to swing, which later just morphed into rock n roll beat?

Love the FNM scene in Black Hawk Down btw. Totally captures the moment, blasting 90's tunes through the base's PA. Would not be surprised if that happened in reality.

Last edited:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
There is no bigger faggot than Anthony Kiedis for fucking with Patton and Bungle.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
There is no bigger faggot than Anthony Kiedis for fucking with Patton and Bungle.

Lol what a tool.

I’m not sure how this feud missed me as I was a big fan of FNM and a lesser fan of RHCP.

Patton’s style and vocals were incredibly unique and I would have never compared the two bands stylistically.

2019 is the 30 year anniversary of The Real Thing. Fuck that makes me feel old, but it also makes me wish for a 30 year album tour that’s become a very popular cash grab recently with all the nostalgia acts.

Fuck Kiedis.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Lol what a tool.

I’m not sure how this feud missed me as I was a big fan of FNM and a lesser fan of RHCP.

Patton’s style and vocals were incredibly unique and I would have never compared the two bands stylistically.

2019 is the 30 year anniversary of The Real Thing. Fuck that makes me feel old, but it also makes me wish for a 30 year album tour that’s become a very popular cash grab recently with all the nostalgia acts.

Fuck Kiedis.

My favorite part of the beef was Patton took any and every chance to publicly say Kiedis was a fucking junkie and never got sued over it. This was way before it was commonly known.

• 1Worf