Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
One of the other big changes I think I like most is the modular armor.

That's going to be fun to dick around with.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
rrr_img_115529.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If I was in Japan, I'd just VPN to New Zealand and unlock it a month and a half early.

Fuck em.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think you guys are missing #3 in the picture but yeah, don't think a Japanese VPN is going to be helpful on the 9th.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
INT: 4 Gun Nut (High on the assumption this is the only way to mod)
INT: 4 Science! (High on the assumption this is the only way to mod)
You're planning to use auto and non-auto rifles, both conventional and EW?

Other than the known assumptions I'm making with the above list of perks the big questions I have going into FO4 are:
How does END work?

It's retroactive, if that's what you are asking.

How does INT work?

+3% xp per IN. Non-retro, obviously.

How many bobbleheads are there per special? Only one?

Only one of each bobblehead.

Can you use bobbleheads to get higher than 10 special?
How does >10 special impact things? Does INT gear increase xp?

AFAIK, yes. 11+ gives the same per point as 1-10, just no more perks to unlock. Seems like a massive waste to me, no stat is remotely as good as a perk. It's good that it allows stats on armor to always be useful though.

How many of these special mags are there?

There's a ton of them. Some grant perks, some unlock shit you can build in settlements, etc.

HUH_sl

shitlord
There's like 30 people streaming on Twitch right now. Did Bethesda just decide to say fuck it and let people stream or did the one guy they hire to spam take down notices go to bed.
Twitch

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
There's like 30 people streaming on Twitch right now. Did Bethesda just decide to say fuck it and let people stream or did the one guy they hire to spam take down notices go to bed.
Twitch
Probably the latter. That Bethesda PR guy seems super salty about all the leaks these past few days so I doubt he'd just give up.

HUH_sl

shitlord
AFAIK, yes. 11+ gives the same per point as 1-10, just no more perks to unlock. Seems like a massive waste to me, no stat is remotely as good as a perk. It's good that it allows stats on armor to always be useful though.
I'm tempted to go 10 agility at the start just so I can stack as much AP as possible. And since there's no level cap the min/maxer in me can't help but think that using any bobblehead/stat magazine on a stat that isn't already capped is a waste, but I guess that depends on how slow leveling gets at high levels.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
With INT being 3% instead of 6% I'm less inclined to just dump points there. Back to the drawing board.

I'm also still dubious on the supply lines perk being worth putting that many points into CHA. I thought I read someone had played 25 hours or something and had yet got a conversation option to avoid an issue via Cha so fuck that stat.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Thinking:

Str 3 - Armor mods, not sure if it will be worth it but seems legit with all the customization options they've shown for weps

Per 4 - Lockpick needed for sure

End 1 - Nothing needed

Cha 1 - Meh, not spending 5 points to get supply lines

Int 5 - I'd take this to 4 regardless for hacking. One more point gets me scavanger which might save me a ton of running around for mats later in the game so figured WTFnot?

Agi 7 - Going stealthy so Nijna seems clutch

Luc 7 - Better crits is a must IMO. I had an extra point and crit banker seems pretty nice compared to some of the other options in other trees.

Still not sure on guns (pistols, auto or semi auto) but I'll probably leave that option open some until I see what loot looks like in game and how the weapons feel with sneak.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know friends who purchased Fallout 4 and are playing it now. They are not reviewers or YouTube celebrities... they just went to a store and got their copies.
What the hell??