Fallout 4

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Starting to? How did you imagine this playing out when it was first announced. Now combine that with the way they were handled with the first Steam experiment.

spronk

FPS noob
thats why i kept saying don't consider mod support in your purchase decision, its going to be a clusterfuck for a while. no mods at all for at least 4 months imo, probably not till next summer really.

anyways fallout 4 loot crate unboxing
Fallout 4 Loot Crate Unboxing

pretty crappy stuff as expected

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm choosing a general purpose sneak + sniper + gunner dude with the intent on 100%ing the game on Survival difficulty. The way I looked at builds was to rate the builds into basically 5 levels. 5 being must have, 4 being will get with secondary priority, 3 being will probably not get till endgame and 2/1 being might be useful but probably won't take.

The priority is:

5:
PER: 3 Locksmith
INT: 3 Hacker
AGI: 5 Commando
AGI: 5 Sneak
AGI: 2 Action Boy
AGI: 3 Ninja
LCK: 3 Grim Reaper's Sprint

4:
PER: 5 Rifleman
INT: 4 Gun Nut (High on the assumption this is the only way to mod)
INT: 4 Science! (High on the assumption this is the only way to mod)
LCK: 3 Better Criticals
LCK: 4 Four Leaf Clover (High on the assumption that the increase is worth it.

3:
STR: 4 Armorer (High on the assumption the armor mods improve dmg, lower if they don't)
END: 2 Chem Resistant (High on the assumption that it works like in FO3/NV)
END: 5 Toughness (High on the assumption this is as good as DR in FO3)

2:
PER: 5 Refractor
INT: 4 Medic
INT: 3 Nuclear Physicist (High on the assumption that radiation weapons are common and not terrible)
INT: 4 Chemist (High on the assumption that it works like FO3/NV)
AGI: 2 Quick Hands

1:
PER: 2 Penetrator (Low on the assumption that enemies won't use cover frequently)
AGI: 3 Gun Fu (I don't know what this does but it sounds like it only works if you spread your fire out to multiple targets)
CHA: 2 Local Leader (I don't really know how useful )
LCK: 4 Bloody Mess (+15% damage may not even be worth the increase in loot time if gibbing enemies is like FO3/NV)
LCK: 3 Idiot Savant (Need to know percentages)
LCK: 3 Critical Banker (Need to know how crit system really works and how streamlined the crit interface is)

The other numbers are the number of points I intend to spend. ex: locksmith/hacker only have 3.

Based on this the SPECIAL I need to utilize the level priority 4 perks is:
PER: 4
INT: 7
AGI: 7
LCK: 9

And priority 3:
STR: 3
PER: 4
END: 4
INT: 7
AGI: 7
LCK: 9

With Bobbleheads this means the stat allocation is 2331668 which perfectly lines up with level 1 allocations. If I had more points I'd either put them in luck/agi for combat utility, INT for leveling or str/cha to build a more well rounded character for dialog options.

Other than the known assumptions I'm making with the above list of perks the big questions I have going into FO4 are:
How does END work?
How does INT work?
How hard is it to ditch your companions and then do their quests without spending time with them?
How many bobbleheads are there per special? Only one?
Can you use bobbleheads to get higher than 10 special?
How does >10 special impact things? Does INT gear increase xp?
How do crits actually work?
How many of these special mags are there?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
thats why i kept saying don't consider mod support in your purchase decision, its going to be a clusterfuck for a while. no mods at all for at least 4 months imo, probably not till next summer really.

anyways fallout 4 loot crate unboxing
Fallout 4 Loot Crate Unboxing

pretty crappy stuff as expected
I'm betting there will be legitimately useful mods in the first week.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I read this too and to me it translates to,
"Dogmeat is pretty good in ezmode and I'm cash-starved at the start of the game like in every other RPG".

Only thing that would make me take it is if someone said that every other quest they get requires high speech checks to progress or something.
What if the attractiveness of a protagonist SO was directly proportional to CHA? I mean, how much CHA would you say our hero's homecoming fuck fest is worth?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Mods have been such an integral part of all the games, boy would it be dumb as shit if they fucked with mods.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've been looking at this stuff all day too, and I originally thought slug 4 into each and just go from there, but I've decided similar but not exactly in line with what you've got.

I do think having enough CHR to build settlements will be both interesting and worthwhile.

What I'm closing in on is something like
S -1
P -4
E -3
C -4
I -5
A -5
L -6

Then I'll get the bobble heads for STR, CHR, INT, AGI, and LCK and plug a level point into STR, CHR, and LCK so that will unlock Armorer, Locksmith, Pickpocket, Rifleman, Toughness, Lifegiver, Local Leader, Medic, Gun Nut, Hacker, Scrapper, Science!, Gunslinger, Commando, Sneak, Action Boy, Moving Target, Fortune Finder, Scrounger, Bloody Mess, Idiot Savant, Better Criticals, Critical Banker, and Grim Reaper's Sprint, with only having to sack three levels worth of perk points to SPECIAL stats and that seems to be a lot of the best shit for a shootan and lootan play through.

If I want any of the highest tier perks I'll just sink perk points into them once I've maxed out all this stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The other reason I'm avoiding CHA is because if local leader turns out to be amazing I can just boost CHA or if that's not feasible just respec via console.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think the settlement building will be a pretty decently interesting feature. I dunno. I want to try it out. I'd love to take those extra points and dump them elsewhere, though.

I dunno. Its a tough call.

First time through I'm gonna give it a go, if it sucks I'll never touch it again, but since its the biggest "new" mechanic in the game, I definitely want to give it a fair shake.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Watch it while you can, if Pete Hines has any say over it, the user will be banned within the hour

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah the new looting mechanic is heads and tails above the old one, even if its just straight stolen from Bioshock

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SO fucking psyched for this game. Sadly I wont be able to play it till the 12th but i got this next weekend off and Im locking myself in my room with this for many, many hours.