Fallout 4

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm reading that the PS4 edition is having some problems with dropping frames and general frames per second issues.

Edit: Should clarify, SOME PS4 owners are complaining. Not all.
Seen a few streams now (avoid opening parts to keep most spoilers at bay), and even in firefights with lasers and blasts going off everywhere, I can't recall seeing dips in FPS that were noticeable. Might be easier to see if not on twitch? However, the loading times are real. Like early Bloodborne. Both on PS4 and Xbox One streams.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
do not go on twitch for a bit the new thing atm is to go to random streams spamming the end of FO4 story spoiler

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Seen a few streams now (avoid opening parts to keep most spoilers at bay), and even in firefights with lasers and blasts going off everywhere, I can't recall seeing dips in FPS that were noticeable. Might be easier to see if not on twitch? However, the loading times are real. Like early Bloodborne. Both on PS4 and Xbox One streams.
Haven't had a chance to watch any streams yet. Are loading times as numerous as the older games? For instance, a freestanding house has a loading time to go inside, or do you just open the door since it is loaded with the rest of the world?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Haven't had a chance to watch any streams yet. Are loading times as numerous as the older games? For instance, a freestanding house has a loading time to go inside, or do you just open the door since it is loaded with the rest of the world?
Some "houses", like workshops, appear to be part of the overworld, and even though you open up doors for them, all their interior is in the outside world.

However, most are like the previous games, where you enter them with a loading screen. Zoning into most houses is fairly quick (quest areas like factories and the likes take longer) however, exiting houses back into the open world appears to be a minimum 5-10+ second venture.

I think most loading screens are just black as well, with a little loading icon in the bottom right. Kind of like early Bloodborne, if I recall correctly on that, in the beginning the long loading screens there were just "Bloodborne" and the text/info loadingscreens were patched in later.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Snake is a confirmed name Codsworth recognizes and says.

Big Boss playthrough is happening!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This shows the loading times. Kinda ouch. I was wrong about the always black loading screens though, so sometimes you will have something to look at while loading

loading Fallout 4 - vidme

Bonus:

Originally Posted by CGwizz

Made a thread in bethesda forum asking if this would be patched got instadeleted and i am permabanned xD
I am old and jaded enough now to think that the rabid twitch banning now isn't as much tied to "don't do spoilers!" and keeping the street date, as it is technical damage control to keep pre-orders up.

As Vorph said, those loading times better not be an issue on the PC version with it installed on a SSD.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Shit doesn't bother me either way so long as its less than a minute or two.

Maybe I'm just patient.

Which would be weird.

Just reading the last page, the things people will do to play a game one day early lol
VPN has never been an issue in the past, and I think my concerns about it this time are overblown after reading the reddit thread posted last page or so.

The issue is that in the past when I've used the VPN, when you log into Steam it just automatically changes everything on Steam so that it appears as if you're in the VPN location, whereas this time, it didn't. There was no visual indicator that Steam was connecting properly through the VPN, even though at this point I suspect it is.

That's what threw me off on the process.

The "things" we're doing to play the game a day early is basically log into an IP server in a foreign country and then unlock the game, put steam into offline mode, and then log out of the foreign IP server. I wouldn't really call it a lot of effort.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just reading the last page, the things people will do to play a game one day early lol
Isnt anything new. I did it for BF4 when it was being released and so many other people did it as well EA just went ahead and activated the game world wide instead of waiting for 12am eastern tuesday or whatever it was originally.

With the advent digital distribution companies just need to go with a universal release. Who gives a fuck if it ends up being 6am your time zone.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
32 levels to make back IN investment was based on the incorrect rumor of IN being +10% XP per point. It's actually only +3% per point, so you will probably never make it up. Only take IN to whatever you actually need for perks.

Edit: Answer to Tuco question earlier (minor magazine spoiler)
Guide confirms only 1 copy of You're SPECIAL!
In that case I think I'll go with this for my starting stats depending on just how "early" you get the PERCEPTION Bobblehead.

STR 3 - Armor mods
PER 4 - Lockpicks
END 1 - Nothing initially but need to get to 5 for Aquaboy asap
CHA 6 - Companion and Settlement perks. Definitely going to need more points for this later on
INT 6 - High tech mods (exp bonus seems to be worthless)
AGI 3 - Sneak just in case. Don't plan to use it much.
LUC 5 - Better crits

You're Special to Luck to make it 6
PERC bobblehead early on to make it 4
Dump stat END?

I'm planning on a ranged pet build.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some people are saying that NZ unlocks at 2AM (AUS time). If I get up at 5:30AM for nothing tomorrow I'm holding Hodj accountable. (I get up at 6AM every day anyway though, lol)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think FO3 has more discussion worthy material also due to mods and the generally more controversial style of Bethesda games.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Some people are saying that NZ unlocks at 2AM (AUS time). If I get up at 5:30AM for nothing tomorrow I'm holding Hodj accountable. (I get up at 6AM every day anyway though, lol)
Some people are retarded.

Party Countdown - Countdown to Nov 10, 2015 in Auckland

I posted you a picture of the Bethesda Fallout release schedule

Here it is again

rrr_img_115548.jpg

When I logged into the VPN earlier and accessed Steam from web browser and converted the store over to New Zealand store, the time was the same as these.

12:01 am Tuesday November 10th New Zealand time. That is 18 hours earlier than US EST time, which would be 6 am.

If it changes I can't help that, but I've done due diligence in confirming and reconfirming this shit. I think the people saying that are either stupid, or trolling.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Here's a screencap from the steam store page while logged into the VPN with location set to NZ

rrr_img_115549.jpg

16 hours is 6 am EST

If you're in Central or Pacific time, it will actually be unlocking earlier for you by an hour or more, because it'll be like 5 am/3am whatever.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I do see here

With my New Zealand IP, what time will the game actually unlock? : fo4

The same guy who wrote the VPN article you linked earlier saying NZ unlocks on Australian Eastern time zone. I don't know why that would be, he says the release is bundled with the Australian servers, and so that would then be two hours later.

I mean he could be right, but I haven't heard shit about this until now, and can't fathom why that would be, when Bethesda's own release schedule says 12:01 am Wellington time zone.