Fallout 4

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Some people are saying that NZ unlocks at 2AM (AUS time). If I get up at 5:30AM for nothing tomorrow I'm holding Hodj accountable. (I get up at 6AM every day anyway though, lol)
Not signed in as NZ now, but that might be accurate. Earlier when I tested it, it should have said 20 hours for a midnight release in NZ, but it was 22. So 16 hours from now?

Have a seminar tomorrow at work in a different city, so won't be back home until 18-20 hours from now anyways.

EDIT: My VPNs ip is in Auckland. Not sure if NZ has several timezones.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I went with the VyprVPN free 3 day trial. It was a painless setup and took me less than 10 min to set everything up. Steam shows the new unlock time now with 16 hours to go (3AM PST). I have tomorrow off already so I might as well start playing early.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not signed in as NZ now, but that might be accurate. Earlier when I tested it, it should have said 20 hours for a midnight release in NZ, but it was 22. So 16 hours from now?

Have a seminar tomorrow at work in a different city, so won't be back home until 18-20 hours from now anyways.

EDIT: My VPNs ip is in Auckland. Not sure if NZ has several timezones.
It only has one time zone: UTC + 12:00

new zealand time zones - Google Search

Anything is possible, I just don't see where people are getting the "It releases two hours later than Steam's own countdown says and Bethesda's own release schedule says it does". I don't know where they're getting that information. Maybe they have some top secret special information I"m not privy to that's more correct. I don't know where they're getting it from.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bet you all these popular VPNs are going to be hosed tomorrow morning. And that's even if there's no 1GB+ release day patch.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If you go here and scroll down

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2015/10/08/35

It says this

Release Time
Want to know exactly when you can start playing Fallout 4? Digitally the game will become available on November 10, 2015, at 12:01 am (local time) in all territories (In North America, the unlock time will be 12:01 am EST), except Asia (available at 12 am on Wednesday, November 11th) and Japan (available at 12 am on Thursday, December 17th).
Since NZ and Aus are both in the "Oceania" territory, I guess it is feasible that Aus and NZ will unlock at the same time (Aus time).

I really don't know anymore. Either way its either 6 am or 8 am EST time tomorrow. Steam says 6 am EST time right now, so that's the information I'm going off of.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
A decent amount of people will be unlocking this way, but it won't be that bad.

Most of the sales are console anyway, then there's only a subset of the steam users who will be going this route. Basically the core gamers and fanatics.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Hodj, you wasted a perfectly good opportunity to convince Tuco to get out of bed an hour or two earlier than he should have. Shame on you.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I want to be remembered for my accuracy and honesty in reporting on this issue!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hodj would never leave me astray. He has a reputation to keep. I'm debating how many different VPN accounts I should make. I honestly don't care that much but if I'm going to do something I'm going to do it properly.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Fucking lol @ that guide. Your power armor can be stolen if you don't take the power core out of it? That is fucking amazing. Its the little things that make these games great.