Fallout 4

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Probably. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to avoid looking at screens of any type for a few days afterwards.
Well shit. I can work Tuesday supposedly and my job is literally nothing but staring at 3 screens monitoring glorified spreadsheets all day. If I can do that I should be able to shoot some supermutants.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
joker-here-we-go.jpeg

Enhanced Wasteland Preset at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community
Enhanced Wasteland Preset - Fallout 4

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
As someone who loved skyrim but having never played a fallout game (I know sacrilege) is this similar in scope/story/open worldness as the ES series? And can you jump in with little previous knowledge of story/lore/previous games?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
As someone who loved skyrim but having never played a fallout game (I know sacrilege) is this similar in scope/story/open worldness as the ES series? And can you jump in with little previous knowledge of story/lore/previous games?
Yes.

Maybe not as epic in its scope as a fantasy title due to the setting, but still 100% open ended in the same vein.

As for story, watch this video and you'll know all you need to know in about 10-15 minutes

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I'm having LASIK tomorrow(fuck contacts). Supposedly I'll be able to drive the next day, but the real question is whether it will hinder my ability to Fallout Tuesday night.

Fuck it, we'll find out.
You will just have to take a lot of eye drop breaks. And you may be getting a free bloom effect to go along with it. No way you should the first 24 hr or would want to. For me it felt like I had bee stings to the eye after the meds wore off and I just slept through it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm having LASIK tomorrow(fuck contacts). Supposedly I'll be able to drive the next day, but the real question is whether it will hinder my ability to Fallout Tuesday night.

Fuck it, we'll find out.
With all my eye work I've had - I'd expect you'll be able to, just be more subject to motion sickness than normal. (I normally am just a little bit prone and it goes off the charts for a day or two after any eye procedures - but nothing 10-15 min in a dark room every hour or two doesn't fix)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Looking around, pretty much all major LASIK surgery shit I can find online agrees with Hachima: Avoid computer use completely for 24 hours after LASIK, return to computer use slowly, and use the shit out of some eye drops. Side effects can continue for months after the surgery, but tend to subside in weeks.

By playing that first day, you could reduce the effectiveness, and slow the healing process, leading to you suffering with the side effects longer as a result.

If I dropped a bunch of dosh on LASIK, which I would love to do sometime, I wouldn't want to fuck that up, even with Fallout.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty good.

It's midnight in NZ I can't unlock, just like I expected! This is bullshit!
Francis-1-.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes. I even posted the tweet. BUT I WAKE UP AT 6AM EVERY DAY AND AM TOO EXCITED TO DO ANYTHING USEFUL!!

Boogie-600x316.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm coming down with a cold. It I hope it gets better because it will be impossible for me to convince anyone at my work I'm too sick to come on Wed.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think I'm coming down with a cold. It I hope it gets better because it will be impossible for me to convince anyone at my work I'm too sick to come on Wed.
I'm pretty sure my radiation poisoning excuse would work.

Everyone should give it a try and report back to me how well it goes.