Fallout 4

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whoever combined the melee attack and grenade throw into a single key needs to be fired.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
END is nearly totally useless, totally a dump stat.

Playing without at least 3 STR (bobblehead or not) for Armorcrafting, 4 PER (lockpicking), 6 ch (bobblehead or no) for Local Leader, 7 or so int for Science and Gun Nut (mods and tech stuff to craft)

Will close you off to certain aspects of the game until you level them up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Is there anything particularly wrong with just 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 the starting stats?
Probably not.

There's probably nothing particularly wrong with any stat build, but the harder the difficulty, the more struggle you'll have the first 10-15 levels or so.

The thing is that you'll be dumping a decent amount of level perks into some of those stats to unlock higher level perks that you will want.

That's your downside to going with an even keeled ship like that.

END is nearly totally useless, totally a dump stat.

Playing without at least 3 STR (bobblehead or not) for Armorcrafting, 4 PER (lockpicking), 6 ch (bobblehead or no) for Local Leader, 7 or so int for Science and Gun Nut (mods and tech stuff to craft)

Will close you off to certain aspects of the game until you level them up.
Agree. Especially on END being a dump stat, especially early on.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there anything particularly wrong with just 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 the starting stats?
EN is basically useless, and ST is only needed if you go melee/unarmed. Armorer is good for everyone, but you can start at 2 and bobblehead it to 3 eventually.

I'd suggest a base of 2314444 and then spread the remaining 6 points to whichever of the 4's you like the most. My character started with 2314468 for a rifle build and Survival is no problem at all so far.

7 or so int for Science and Gun Nut (mods and tech stuff to craft)
Science is 6 IN and very, very optional for anyone not totally focused on EWs. Even 5 IN's usefulness is debatable; I took Scrapper 1 last night and I already kind of regret wasting the perk on it. It gets you screws, but so does picking up toy cars, desk fans, etc. that usually weigh a lot less than a gun.

Caliane

Also agree, end is a dump stat if anything.

luck is pretty boss with crit storing.
ALL of the crafting perks seem really OP, so hitting those break points is something to aim for.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not finding stealth melee consistently effective, awesome when I backstab a fool with my serrated switch blade but so many enemies are only reachable via ranged weapons. May work better once stealth is 50%+Blitz level 2.

My starting build, and I disagree about END being dump stat, once I get my bobble head for +1 END I get to eat people! Trying it on survival but I think it is just adding tedium but END has been supreme.

I sprinted toward the +1 agil bobble head and now I will carry on with no spoilers/guides.

V04ZtDU.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there's sort of a tutorial for the settlement stuff just keep playing.

Press and hold the action button (on PC default key is E) to take power suit off. Also make sure to take the fusion core out of it. Best if you take it back up to the gas station or Sanctuary and leave it there fyi.
Cool thanks Vorph and Hodj. I will probably run into that tutorial fairly soon then. I'll also leave the power armor at the gas station.

Sulrn

Deuces
For the sake of random bugginess, has anyone else had a power armor go the way of completely becoming unusable after stepping out of it even though it's near perfect condition?

Took mine off after the "Castle" fight then couldn't interact with it after rebuilding the area.

Cool thanks Vorph and Hodj. I will probably run into that tutorial fairly soon then. I'll also leave the power armor at the gas station.
The tutorial throws settlement set up in your face but doesn't cover the most important part - assigning people. Be sure to look in the help menu if you need help figuring it out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For the sake of random bugginess, has anyone else had a power armor go the way of completely becoming unusable after stepping out of it even though it's near perfect condition?

Took mine off after the "Castle" fight then couldn't interact with it after rebuilding the area.
Can't interact with it at all?

Is the fusion core out of juice?

Sulrn

Deuces
It was at 75% before I stepped out. Put in a fresh core during the boss fight.

But yes, completely untouchable. Might as well be a statue to honor the "glorious" fight.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Damn.

Well I dunno then. There are others out there. I haven't used the power armor at all since the first quest so I haven't experienced this problem yet, but there are other chasis and other pieces spread out. Might try to just pick up a new one. I dunno. That's weird.

Sulrn

Deuces
Damn.

Well I dunno then. There are others out there. I haven't used the power armor at all since the first quest so I haven't experienced this problem yet, but there are other chasis and other pieces spread out. Might try to just pick up a new one. I dunno. That's weird.
I have 3 incomplete suits. 1 naked, 1 half 45b, 1 half 51a. The only complete suit I have is the one that's a statue back at the "Castle".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Okay cool Radge. Will be doing that shortly.

@Tuco and whoever else. I haven't ran into legendaries in the location you've ran into them. But I've ran into them all over at other spots. Legendary Mirelurks, raiders, etc mostly. Got a sweet stagger 10MM that I've modded up. Been going pistols until I start doing energy weapons or something else.

Also, using nades is more annoying than it should be I think.
That's funny, I wonder if there is a static assignment of legendary chances somehow or something else.

Is the 10MM stagger gun as OP as it sounds? Does it work on large mobs like super mutants? What are the stagger chances?

Sulrn

Deuces
was the fusion core stolen in a raid? I hear that happens.
Step in suit, complete "castle" fight, step out of suit, suit becomes unusable, finish quest. Suit is still unusable. Reload after quest completion. Suit is still unusable. You're missing the point of it being a statue. You can't even mess with the core if it's uninteractable.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Had a pretty awesome little moment late last night, spoilered in case.

I'm still low level because I apparently work too much but I was exploring the Sink Hole area and found a Deathclaw nest. Naturally, I haul ass out of the sinkhole and run into that small town adjacent to it where I encounter a bunch of synths who start shooting at me. I turn around and Bam! Deathclaw but he goes around me and starts attacking the synths. So, I'm booking it past the hospital there and i hear "What is that noise?" a thunk and the screen lights up. I turn around and the whole place is nuked...I'm not sure what transpired there but it was fantastically fun .

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Science is 6 IN and very, very optional for anyone not totally focused on EWs. Even 5 IN's usefulness is debatable; I took Scrapper 1 last night and I already kind of regret wasting the perk on it. It gets you screws, but so does picking up toy cars, desk fans, etc. that usually weigh a lot less than a gun.
I feel like scrapper is one of those QOL abilities that someone takes when they don't want to be bothered picking stuff up and want to mod before they are flush with cash.

I'm also wondering if armorer, gun nut and science are necessary if you can buy/find mods in the game. Ex: once you finding a hunting rifle with a good scope you never need another one. Gun nut then becomes "Build mods I haven't found yet." rather than "be able to use gun mods.".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It staggers pretty often, then I just kill them as they stagger for several seconds.

I also got another different legendary 10MM that does 75% bonus damage to mireluks and robots. Which is actually extremely convenient. So I've been playing doc holliday with my 1, 2 and 3 weapons being various modded up pistols.

Haha!

Edit: Stagger seems to work on anything humanoid. No restrictions. Further testing required.