Fallout 4

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Other than Bobblehead and level-up increases, if you're naked you should have the same SPECIAL as you started, correct? Man I really fucked mine up with the console...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It staggers pretty often, then I just kill them as they stagger for several seconds.

I also got another different legendary 10MM that does 75% bonus damage to mireluks and robots. Which is actually extremely convenient. So I've been playing doc holliday with my 1, 2 and 3 weapons being various modded up pistols.

Haha!

Edit: Stagger seems to work on anything humanoid. No restrictions. Further testing required.
That's pretty cool. What difficulty are you on? If it wasn't bethesda I'd expect them to balance player CC based on difficulty.

Caliane

I feel like scrapper is one of those QOL abilities that someone takes when they don't want to be bothered picking stuff up and want to mod before they are flush with cash.

I'm also wondering if armorer, gun nut and science are necessary if you can buy/find mods in the game. Ex: once you finding a hunting rifle with a good scope you never need another one. Gun nut then becomes "Build mods I haven't found yet." rather than "be able to use gun mods.".
there are so many mods though. do you find rng lets you get the specific set you want?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like scrapper is one of those QOL abilities that someone takes when they don't want to be bothered picking stuff up and want to mod before they are flush with cash.
It is, but even then if you just take the time to learn what items contain screws when you break them down, and then make a point of picking them up whenever you see them it's pretty much just as good as looting every shitty gun dropped by a raider (and btw, the most basic pipe guns don't give screws or copper even with Scrapper). The guns are obviously more common than stuff like fans and toy cars, but they also weigh a lot.

I'm also wondering if armorer, gun nut and science are necessary if you can buy/find mods in the game. Ex: once you finding a hunting rifle with a good scope you never need another one. Gun nut then becomes "Build mods I haven't found yet." rather than "be able to use gun mods.".
True, and I'm sort of counting on that because the best scope is the recon one which requires both Gun Nut and Science (GN3/S1 to make one for my sniper rifle, not sure if higher tier rifles use the same scope or if each rifle has its own version). Not taking Science ever, so I'm going to need to find one. One thing did occur to me though, you can install mods you have in your inventory without having the perks required to build them, right? I haven't actually tested that with a mod higher than my current Gun Nut skill. I'm still planning on taking Gun Nut and Armorer to 4 though. I feel like RNGesus is never going to give me every single mod I want and there will always be a few I will need to make myself.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
All you guys playing on survival bring me great shame. Was on very hard up until the first Deathclaw, but after 6 or 7 reloads I had to bump down to normal to get past him. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, hoping its just a Fallout learning curve else my gamer card is in danger of getting revoked...

spronk

FPS noob
first deathclaw
i just ducked into the shop on the left side of the street (facing away from museum), if you are back in it you can shoot him through the windows but he can't come inside. door scumming

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My one gripe is that I am kinda unable to sneak up to a turret terminal and have it attack enemies. Most map designs make this pretty much unfeasible without killing your way to the terminal in the first place. But whatever.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah same, I found only one turret so far where it was actually possible but by the time I ended up getting to its little room everything was dead.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not very far in, but already had a weird bug. Just after I got out of the vault I was walking and aimed down my sights at something and was immediately teleported somewhere no where near where I was. Oh and took about half of my life in damage during process

Sulrn

Deuces
My one gripe is that I am kinda unable to sneak up to a turret terminal and have it attack enemies. Most map designs make this pretty much unfeasible without killing your way to the terminal in the first place. But whatever.
I gave up after being unable to sneak past low level enemy's with my first perk in sneak. Being spotted around corners while crouch walking by non-alert enemies is silly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sneak seems like a skill that is useless at low levels and god-tier when you put enough perks into it + get enough gear. Watch out for chameleon gear making your pipboy invisible + blooming the world every time you stop, lol.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sneak under 50 skill points wasn't super good in F3 or NV either, though.

Remember that the first rank or two is basically equivalent to having a skill point of 25-50 in F3/NV

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
there are so many mods though. do you find rng lets you get the specific set you want?
Not really, but if you only had 50 perks to get, the guy that found/bought 80% of the item mods they wanted would be more powerful than the guy who spent 12pts and got 100% of the item mods they wanted.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sneak under 50 skill points wasn't super good in F3 or NV either, though.

Remember that the first rank or two is basically equivalent to having a skill point of 25-50 in F3/NV
This is where Skyrim shined, you just AFK with your sneak on behind some guard somewhere and go eat dinner. Come back and you're a sneaking champion.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
1st world problems but serious lack of Nvidia Surround mode(triple monitor) support, even editing the .ini breaks a lot of the UI to the point it isn't worth it. Even New Vegas had surround support that was functional at launch...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ooh that second world problem reminds me, I wonder if the rift works on FO4 yet? hmm...

Vorpx has been updated to 0.9.1 to support Fallout 4 : oculus

vorpX 0.9.1 Available Now - vorpX - VR 3D-Driver for Oculus Rift

charlie-getting-pshyched-hq.gif

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to have to get me one of them someday.

It just seems like it would give you a headache pretty quickly from the weight of it, regardless how light it is. I hate headphones for the same reason. Couple hours playing a game my neck started hurting, then my head.