Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So what has people's success with bobblehead hunting been like? No spoilers since the location info is available on the wiki,Fallout 4 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 4 Locationsetc. Just curious about "was easy" or "got my ass kicked repeatedly and gave up" type info.

ST = about to go try to get it now
PE = trivial
EN = unknown, far away and really don't care about EN
CH = gave up for now
IN = pretty easy even before Diamond City
AG = was going to wait but Hatorade made it sound fairly simple to get
LK = too far away at the moment

Not real concerned about the others, and I only looked up spoilers for SPECIAL ones that are stopping me from taking perks. Repair was simple enough to find, as it's on the main quest path. Pretty easy to miss though unless you explore thoroughly or look it up.
I got the CHR one. You should probably google up a video on how to get the bobbleheads and watch it because its actually locked behind a questline, rather than being something you can just travel to to pick up.

Also got luck (trivial with radaway and radx) and agi. I was rushing the agi one, theres a lot of mobs there but I just ran past them while my companion distracted them for the most part.

spronk

FPS noob
Debating on opening up my pipboy edition or reselling...
i'm keeping my pip boy sealed and bought the game digitally, its only selling for $200 or less on ebay so after fees and shit you are looking at making maybe... $50. fuck that, i'm keeping my pip boy in case of real apocalypse I will look the part

you could try selling it on craigslist but chances are you will face off against a super mutant

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I decided to try out theEnhanced Wasteland PresetSweetFX profile over at Nexus. As expected, it was pretty terrible like most early attempts are for every new/popular game. Dude has both SMAA and FXAA going at the same time, he's using chromatic aberration (which was added to SFX pretty much as a joke), and his sharpness is way too fucking strong. The colors were actually a nice improvement though, so I went in and turned off all the dumb shit and toned down the sharp_strength to 0.50. No need for either SMAA or FXAA when TAA is fine and doesn't fuck up all the text in the game.

Results:
Before:
O43Vag7.jpg

After:
9wCd4og.jpg

Ignore the shitty fps, it dips when you toggle SFX on and off (INS key while in game). Oh, and that is all ultra settings except for medium god rays and shadow distance.
What do I edit to turn off those things? I assume somewhere in the sweetfx_settings.txt file?

Always just used presets, not changed them manually myself, but wouldn't mind changing it to what you're using because I feel the same. Color changes are great, but would like to fix the blurry text.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So PC bro's - anyone playing with gamepad (Xbox controller etc?) or is that a waste of time and kb/m preferred method?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So PC bro's - anyone playing with gamepad (Xbox controller etc?) or is that a waste of time and kb/m preferred method?
Its entirely doable. Seemed to be preset for xbox 1 contoller rather than xbox 360.

Key oard/mouse still mote precise but either or is fine

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just bought the game off steam, I have a GTX 660ti which probably is on the low end for this but the NVIDIA driver keeps crashing even in rolling back the driver per Reddit. Any other suggestions? I can't even start a new game at the moment.
I have a 660 ti and run it with no problem on medium

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Funny you mention that, I finish building that monstrosity of a building in the background and see this. Also oblig song for my guy:Cause Iall! - YouTube
Cohhcarnage or somesuch on twitch was experiencing this. Was watching him build a house. I appears tied to the layout.

IE: You put a standard (preset) house down, add bed, a trader or person "moves in" similarly to Terraria, but the space between the bed / wall or something is not suitable, and it bugs the person/trader/caravan to the roof and they get stuck there.

When he built a new house (manually by setting up parts, not with any presets), and made sure that there was space between beds, etc, removed beds from old house, the people on the roof teleported away again and went back to their routines.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
So what has people's success with bobblehead hunting been like? No spoilers since the location info is available on the wiki,Fallout 4 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 4 Locationsetc. Just curious about "was easy" or "got my ass kicked repeatedly and gave up" type info.

ST = about to go try to get it now
PE = trivial
EN = unknown, far away and really don't care about EN
CH = gave up for now
IN = pretty easy even before Diamond City
AG = was going to wait but Hatorade made it sound fairly simple to get
LK = too far away at the moment

Not real concerned about the others, and I only looked up spoilers for SPECIAL ones that are stopping me from taking perks. Repair was simple enough to find, as it's on the main quest path. Pretty easy to miss though unless you explore thoroughly or look it up.
I havent looked at any spoilers for the bobbleheads. Found two so far, the perception one of course and the Repair one. (10% longer fusion cores)

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Saw on reddit that you can make a rug, put a piece of furniture on it, then it will move the rug and the furniture piece when you select the rug.

It will let you place both objects according to the rug's dimensions (e.g. a small doormat under a bed will let you place the bed anywhere the tiny doormat can go, even if the bed clips into a wall.)

spronk

FPS noob
by the way if someone wants the fallout 4 pip boy edition they are orderable in store at best buy, for most locations. It depends on stock levels at your regional warehouse I guess. A BBY rep posted from the west coast and he said their warehouse still had a few hundred of each kind, but I'd expect those numbers to dwindle fast.

You just have to go to the customer service area and ask the rep to do an OMS order (their inhouse ordering system) for in store or home delivery, and give the SKU number of what you want

PC: 9648037
PS4: 9634008
Xbo: 9647001

It'll be $120 + tax ($96 with GCU).

Its all YMMV on your region, how helpful your rep is, and how fast the inventory is snatched up so don't go driving 30 miles or anything, or you will probably be disappointed.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really enjoying the game, but I'm done until someone mods this shitty UI. It wasn't too bad just running around but as soon as you get power armor it's too hard to ignore on a 21:9 monitor.
How to add 21:9 (ultrawide) support.
To have this game run in 21:9 without issue simply open Fallout4Prefs.ini in your documents (C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), and change the following lines to how they are below:

For borderless windowed mode:
bTopMostWindow=1
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=XXXX
iSize W=YYYY

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

For fullscreen mode:
bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=0
bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

Next do the same for the second Fallout4Prefs.ini located in wherever you insalled steam then steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4.

Currently the hud will stretch, another person is likely to soon to release a fix for the hud.

If you are finding your image has this odd dark rectangle bug in your Fallout4Pref.ini file change:
bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1
to
bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=0

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just to clarify, directed at me or someone else?
You.

What do I edit to turn off those things? I assume somewhere in the sweetfx_settings.txt file?

Always just used presets, not changed them manually myself, but wouldn't mind changing it to what you're using because I feel the same. Color changes are great, but would like to fix the blurry text.
My edited sweetfx_settings.txt:
If you need to mess with the sharpness more, search for 'sharpen_strength' and play with the value.

I started using a gamepad to do settlement stuff because it's so much less of a hassle than the kb/m controls, got tired of the hoops you have to jump through to switch from pad to kb/m, and now I'm just playing the whole game that way. Occasionally I miss a headshot that I probably wouldn't have with a mouse, but other than that I'm happy with it. It's no Destiny, but it's miles better than the pad controls of FO3/NV.

If anything there seems to be a lot more people irritated with the kb/m controls and UI than anything else wrong with the game.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I switched to my xbox controller earlier today. Took about 30 mins to adjust after 15+ hours using mouse/kb.

It's night and day. The mods that would make inventory and workshop management intuitive on mouse/kb are prolly weeks away.

If you already have a controller, just hold your nose and use it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I have a 660 and the latest driver, works fine, though I can only use it at "medium" settings which makes playing the game a crime against humanity. Try doing a clean install of the driver? May need to go into safe mode to completely remove it, or use a third party tool.
Yeah, had to do a clean install of the driver to get it working. Medium settings as well, oh well.

Raign

Golden Squire
Just bought the game off steam, I have a GTX 660ti which probably is on the low end for this but the NVIDIA driver keeps crashing even in rolling back the driver per Reddit. Any other suggestions? I can't even start a new game at the moment.
My laptop was out for repair so I loaded it up on my old PC with a 480 GTX and it runs smooth as silk so I doubt it is an issue with being spec related. When you say 'crashing', what is it doing? Locking up? Kicking to desktop? I noticed that if I alt-tab out of the game it shits the bed, but aside from that and a few bugs in game, it has been pretty stable.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have I made a huge mistake by convincing Mama Murphy to kick the chems? Companions loved it, but I feel like it's going to bite me in the ass later.